Irezumi

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

blacky0g
Casual toker
Casual toker

Irezumi

Post by blacky0g » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:19 pm

I've decided I want to get a tattoo done on my back in the irezumi manner. Does anyone know how I should go about meeting a master of irezumi,the process of planning a big trip to Japan, and any advice or suggestions that'd be great. :D

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: Irezumi

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:12 am

Firstly...what is Irezumi???? A friend of mine has been to Japan recently, a snowboarder chap. He fucking loves the place and can't wait to return, for the culture as much as the laid back, lovely snow drenched slopes...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

blacky0g
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by blacky0g » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Irezumi is a way of tattooing in japan by hand, it's really painful and it takes years of monthly visits to complete a piece. I've never been snowboarding, sounds like something I should try when I visit Japan

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:21 pm

traditional japanese tattooing is something i have no knowledge on sadly.
but your decision makes me excited for you!!!!

ummmm. helpful suggestions.use the internet to try and make some contacts in the tattoo community before you go.
im kinda assuming getting a traditional japanese tattoo from a master artist would be difficult for a foreigner.... i have no reason to think this, i just feel it....

also modern tattoos are still very time consuming when you get a quality piece. from what ive heard traditional methods take even longer. so dont plan on getting a big tattoo, if you want it finished in one day.
i have heard of people getting a second sitting the day after before the skin started healing (takes a day or so before the tattoo starts really healing). but it hurts way more

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:40 pm

That's IF it is a way of tattooing..another way would be 'suk yun' in Bali I got in Thailand of four elements which are: patience, peace, battle and love on my back bone.