Handyman required...

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Handyman required...

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:24 am

I am moving house this week and need to fix up a make-shift but sturdy fence/blackade of sorts down the side alley. The house has old wooden panels, and the fence opposite is also wooden...I am thinking that I can get some plastic railing or chicken mesh fence, then simply hammer a few tacks into the wood on both sides. It MUST be sturdy enough to keep my hound from breaking free...who is a small but crafty little fucker. Any ideas on easy to make fences/blockades???
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Re: Handyman required...

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:33 pm

I think you've got a pretty good idea of what needs to be done. If I could offer any advice, it would be to make sure that the chicken wire goes well into the ground... say at the very least a foot, so that your pup won't be ablt to find a way to dig himself a path under the fence... It would also help in keeping other animals out.

Here's a quick tutorial I found as well should you want any other insight!

http://www.millardlumber.com/HowTo/fence/fence.htm
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:15 am

cheers for the advice and link, mate...I reckon for now I will stick with some chicken wire and make sure I am out there with the little fucker when he is in the garden. Its important, as you suggest, to also stop other dogs coming IN.

Grrrl

Post by Grrrl » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Make sure you dont have any nails or sharp stuff sticking out that rat face can injure himself on! Also handyman- what about handywoman? I cant speak for people outside of my residing country but the women here are far more clued up than the blokes, DIY is the new bingo/ knitting/ book club for middle age women!!
Me importa un pimiento...

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Grrrl wrote:Also handyman- what about handywoman? I cant speak for people outside of my residing country but the women here are far more clued up than the blokes, DIY is the new bingo/ knitting/ book club for middle age women!!
I concur. It's not that i'm bad at DIY, i just fucking hate doing it.

My mother loves it. Any time she can put another shelf up somewhere she's on it.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:14 am

Grrrl wrote:Make sure you dont have any nails or sharp stuff sticking out that rat face can injure himself on! Also handyman- what about handywoman? I cant speak for people outside of my residing country but the women here are far more clued up than the blokes, DIY is the new bingo/ knitting/ book club for middle age women!!
No gender focus was intended...and as it happens, my finest female friend here, loves the challenge of DIY and general house renovations, and is happy to help. I am awful at fiddly matters, offering the dexterity of a drunken bear, at the best of times. Even changing the headlights of my r6 takes me an hour or so...as for the fence, my sister's husband erected a makeshift barrier to keep Oscar safe and I will broach the subject of installing a proper gate with the estate agents soonish.