something bit me!

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

something bit me!

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:11 am

Last night whilst sitting in the garden, drinking, reading Hunter I felt a sharp pain in my big toe on the right leg...Looking down, expecting to see a mosquito, I saw something bigger.Something far too thick to be a mosquito...but such was my rush to get the fucker off my flesh, that it vanished as abruptly as it appeared. I cannot say whether it flew or crawled away, but whatever it was it bit me. An intense itch soon came upon me, so I sprayed the affected area with numbing vapours and thought nothing more of it...until I saw the size of the mound which rose up in reaction. Which is 2-3cm wide and 1cm long. Its not crazy itchy, but its clearly NOT a mosquito bite...

I was drunk for the rest of the night, so little could have bothered me, but I had the worst nightmares I have had for many moons, and all day today I have felt wretched. As if I am coming down with a nasty cold, by jaw hurts, the glands either side are unhappily agitated, and it hurts to move my jaw left and right...

Now this could be down to my heavier than normal vodka intake, followed by a more physically demanding than I am accustomed to working day...but the fact remains, and cannot be avoided: this bite is NOT from a mosquito. Its far too big without any scratching.

So...the question is...what the fuck plunged its fangs into my flesh??? It was thick and black...yet I saw nothing scurry or fly away.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: something bit me!

Post by sugarstalker » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:30 am

considering that you live in Australia, it was probably a very nasty little bastard, and you'll probably be visiting a doctor soon.

Grrrl

Post by Grrrl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Could it not have been a tick or summat along those lines? When I was in Adelaide I got bit by summat and my knee cap swelled up to double the size, dunno what it was though :/ went down after about a week though. It will have swelled up most likely as a reaction to the poison of whatever it was that bit you. Is the swelling quite hard when you press it or is it squishy like a blister? If it is like a blister, I'd sterilise a needle and drain it incase any of the poison is left in it, then stick some germolene or summat with antiseptic stuff in on it. If it was a tick, they can pass on illnesses from their previous dinners, so you could just have someones cold/ flu, but it'd do no harm to go doc's and get it looked at. You might need antibiotics if its summat worse and you wont know for sure until you get an expert in the field to check it out.
Me importa un pimiento...

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Bite from some unknown creepy crawly, I would have seen a doctor pronto in case it was deadly poisonous. Since you're still OK I assume it wasn't deadly poisonous, but I would assume it was a spider or ant or as previously mentioned, tick.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:09 am

Less bothers me when I am drinking...which I suppose is one of several reasons as to why I drink so much, so often. And also why I thought little of the incident at the time. two days after the nibble the swelling has gone way down on my toe, I still feel haggard, but certainly no worse. Some investigation leads me to believe that it wasn't a spider, and most likely, from my vague recollection of its shape and size, this is the work of a March Fly...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:05 am

that fly is so gross. but hey at least it wasnt a blow fly!

dont google that unless you want nightmares

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:48 am

AbbyRoad wrote:that fly is so gross. but hey at least it wasnt a blow fly!

dont google that unless you want nightmares
Challenge accepted.

EDIT: looks like any other fly. I was expecting hellspawn with giant fangs dripping with toxins or some kind of leech like blood sucker mouth or something.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:24 pm

its not how the blow fly looks....its what it DOES

when it "bites" its actually laying an egg under your skin. the maggot grows and causes an itchy bump that eventually a full grown blow fly breaks out of.

thats the kind of shit that scares me to the core

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:45 am

AbbyRoad wrote:its not how the blow fly looks....its what it DOES

when it "bites" its actually laying an egg under your skin. the maggot grows and causes an itchy bump that eventually a full grown blow fly breaks out of.

thats the kind of shit that scares me to the core

haha yeah the first time I heard about blowflies and what they do I was 7 years old, scared the pants off of me.

I literally ran scared from most flies I saw in the weeks after learning about it.

:ohjeez:
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.