Water bill calculations...

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Water bill calculations...

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:58 am

In the last two years I have been living at this property which I am soon to vacate, our water meter has never been read. All of our bills have been estimates, due to a combination of lack of access and the elusiveness of the actual meter. I have recently uncovered the damn thing, and am now slightly concerned for what happens next...Having spoken to the water company, they tell me that the bills will need to be adjusted, through manual estimates, but...we have had manual estimates for the past two years. So...what kind of adjustments could be made? The meter reading is probably a thousand or more gold nuggets out of sync with the estimated readings. But since we have only ever received estimated bills, how can they, after finding out the reading NOW, charge us more money for the past, when they don't have the reading for before we moved in????

I am trying to work through this in my head, and wondering if anyone has been through a similar misadventure???
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: Water bill calculations...

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:47 pm

They must have a reading from before you moved in to the property man. The landlord is required to update all utility unit readings when a tenant moves out and then again when a tenant moves in to the property. That's how it works here anyway. I have no idea how it works down-under.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.