Chemical Taste in Joint

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

jb54321
Why Hello There !

Chemical Taste in Joint

Post by jb54321 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:29 am

The past 2 nights i have noticed a horrible chemical taste in the spliffs i have rolled. it tasted almost like hair spray, burnt the back of my throat different than a regular spliff would, made a large spark when i lit it, and i noticed a somewhat irregular heartbeat after smoking it. I generally use heads, rolling tobacco, and a home made paper filter in my spliffs. Because the taste started when i bought new rolling paper, i naturally assumed the paper was to blame. I went and purchased new rolling papers, of a different brand, from the same gas store where i got the other papers, tried smoking, and got the same horrible taste/smell. I tried the same papers with different weed and different tobacco and got similar results, leading me to believe that all of the papers in this gas station have somehow been tainted. I have no idea what else this could be. this happened last night and I'm still feeling a bit off from it. today i decided I'm done with papers and bought a bowl. Still, i feel uneasy about the whole experience. If anyone has heard about anything like this or could shed some light on the situation for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :cheers:

the smilies on this sight are great btw

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: Chemical Taste in Joint

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:16 am

this seems totally weird to me

thanks for the comment on our smilies

i wish i could have been more helpful dude :(

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:24 am

Its not uncommon for people to sell joints dipped in embalming fluid. Why exactly I am unsure, just Google formaldehyde and joints and it should give you some information. Its a classless move in my book.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:40 am

To be honest I'm pretty sure the papers you bought are fine... the only thing I've ever heard of that even resembles your situation is a dealer spraying their weed with something in order to make it weigh more than it should. Since you tried different varieties of weed, that hypothesis can be thrown out the window. From my experience, a perceived irregular heartbeat is nothing unusual after consuming strong weed so it's really a question of why you're smelling and tasting chemicals. I'd hate to suggest that it is but hopefully it's just in your head?
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

jb54321
Why Hello There !

Post by jb54321 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:29 am

hey thanks for the comments. i recently tried smoking the same shit, that is supposedly northern lights #5, in my fresh bowl and got a similar taste. I'm thinking it could just be a combination of the strain and me being paranoid. I pretty much trust the dude i got it from and don't feel like he would lace his shit, as hes usually pretty reliable and generally takes pride in his product. who the hell knows. Im sure im fine, but was just a little freaked out initially... nothing a few hits cant cure :bat:

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by zERo~Chronic » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:58 am

As a general rule of precaution, if I ever hit some funny tasting bud i put it down and won't touch it again. It worries me that you said it made a large spark when lit, that should never happen unless you burn a seed, i would DEFINITELY throw that herb away personally. No matter how much you think you trust you dealer, don't. You probably don't know where he got his supply from and spraying can happen anywhere in the chain of command, and remember dealers are in it for money, not to be your friend (even though they'll act like it)

Smoking chemicals is dangerous, bro.

just a little extra, I don't claim to be an expert but I've been smoking for 7+ years now and I've smoked lots and lots of varying herbs, and I have never had good quality herb that tasted like anything resembling hair spray or any type of chemical-ly burn

jb54321
Why Hello There !

Post by jb54321 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:38 am

nah i mean the thing of it is... it started as soon as i bought these papers. the weed was fine for the first two and a half grams of this eighth and then seemingly of nowhere my joints started tasting like shit. I bought the new papers from the same gas station, bought a new bag of tobacco, and then picked up from a different dealer the next day. ( i have a few guys i go to, but went to this one specifically because he always has good bud) like i have tried changing the weed, the paper, and the tobacco... but the it seems like an odd taste is still there, which is why this is so perplexing. i have also been smoking a while, close to 5 years, and never had a j spark. that scared the shit out of me, which is why i threw out the rest of that 8th and those papers and went to my other guy. No spark with this new shit in this new bowl but I'm still getting an odd taste, maybe not as much hairspray but like a lemon pledge with a somewhat harsh burn. you might be right tho man you really never know, but i can be somewhat nerrotic and feel like some of this might be paranoia. ill toke up one more half bowl tonight and see how that tastes.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:55 pm

i just remembered something similar happening to me.

my buddy was using Skunk brand papers with this pattern on them. and i thought they made the weed taste funky, gross and chemically. AND some of the ash was GREEN like chemicals

i will never smoke those skins again!

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:26 am

So many possibilities man. Maybe all the weed supply in your area is tainted with some garbage. Maybe all the papers at that place are. Maybe you're freaking out over nothing. Either don't worry about it or don't smoke, depends on your priorities really.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Oh yes I usually enjoy the flavour with a lil bit of spin..but some are just gross, toxic etc..