24-48 hour detox...

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

24-48 hour detox...

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:49 am

After a period of extreme stress of late, mainly rooted in the horrorshow of finding a new lair for my hound and I, my body is fucked. For the first time in longer than I can recall I will not drink any vodka, or any other kind of alcohol for 24-48 hours over this weekend. My drinking is a problem. Has been for a few years. Functional alcoholism is easy to step into...Although I miss a few of the symptoms which other alcoholics I know display in abundance, 2 litres of smirnoff per week is too much. So...since last night, when I drank as normal, today (Saturday) I have woken up with a glass of warm water, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, which I am drinking throughout the day.

Breakfast- 4 tomatoes, 1 apple, massive chunk of water melon, large of unsalted pistachio nuts.

Plenty of water going regularly down the hatch.

Lunch- brown rice, can of tinned tuna(in spring water), cucumber, lettuce, chick peas, 2 tomatoes, a hint of extra virgin olive oil.

My snacks remain...those damn pistachios, and also a large back, yet to be opened, of unsalted peanuts.

Dinner- barrimundi fillet baked in foil with lemon slices, boiled potatoes (skin on), raw carrots, raw broccoli.

No alcohol. No caffeine. No dairy products. No meat. Sticking to the above regime at least until tomorrow evening, when I may have my normal roast dinner. Still, if I feel any difference in my well being, I will likely extend the regime to Monday.

Has anyone else tried such a detox effort???? How long for??? Did you feel any difference???
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Re: 24-48 hour detox...

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:51 am

I've recently stopped drinking as much as I used to as well... Started this month actually. In the past month I've probably only drank a handful of times which is much less than my usual 5-7 days a week. Since I started drinking less I have definitely noticed an improvement in the way i feel... just feeling overall better both mentally and physically. As for a 24-48 hour detox, it is certainly a stepping stone but you probably wont notice too drastic a change. If anything, you'll probably feel a lot better the second day rather than the first . Somtimes it's necessary though :). As for the diet... Well, you have a way of making even the most simple meals sound delightful.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:25 am

The lunch rice salad bomb was actually...rather toothsome. Onto my barrumundi now...

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Last night I wrote all I could before my laptop lost power. I was just curious as to what you meant by "my body is fucked". Is it fucked from a night of heavy drinking, drinking every day, or just exhausted from hunting for a new place? It might not be the case for you but it took one night of extremely heavy drinking about a month ago for me to turn the page...After many other nights of consistent drinking beforehand. Since that night, which totally fucked the way my brain felt, I haven't had that usual every day urge to drink. I've had hangovers a plenty, but I guess this one was serious enough to question if what I was doing was worth the effects it was having on my body. I'm not trying to compete by playing the "who's the bigger alcoholic" game but this is indeed coming from someone who was definitely sliding down a slippery slope when it comes to alcholism... not just someone who drank occasionally.

Sorry for swaying away from the topic, I know cutting back to that extreme is much different than a 24-48 detox. I just felt like inputing my own story since it's so fresh in my mind...It is also still very early so I'm hoping I can keep it up.

Finally, I forgot to mention that I went 2 weeks without a drop of liquor, so I guess my official detox period was 2 weeks, and it felt GREAT.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Good luck man, I'm trying to get out of the same trap. Replacing it with green, the lesser of two evils I suppose. Weird that I can't hang out, on weekends particularly, without consuming some kind of substance.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:28 am

Well I too drink too much on occasion. I usually have a couple drinks every night, but it seems that once a week I let the alcohol take too much control and then I am hurting for a day and a half afterwards. I quit for a week once and I did feel much better (mentally and physically). I don't know about substituting one substance for the other, but if you can function fine on the green than there is no reason not to stick with it. I wish you the best of luck and my door is always open.

Likewise, you should try other things that make you feel good whether it be gardening, reading, lifting, going fast on your motorcylce, whatever. And make these things a daily habit that you cannot be altered through substance when completing or doing them. Then at the end of the day try a puff of the smoke or a drink or alcohol; keeping in mind that the next day your activities must resume and you must be coherent to fully enjoy them. Hope all is and remains well.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:03 am

SToNeR ChRiS wrote:Last night I wrote all I could before my laptop lost power. I was just curious as to what you meant by "my body is fucked". Is it fucked from a night of heavy drinking, drinking every day, or just exhausted from hunting for a new place?
For much of these last two years, I have been drinking 2-3 litres of vodka per week. Every night, other than when horridly poorly, but even then I often have one or two. My normal routine is to drink never before 6pm, but then, its vodka and diet coke one after the other, until maybe 8, maybe 9, maybe 10...Its not exactly bingeining, and my body has long grown used to the woozy feelings I seem to experience after lunch, early afternoon the next day, but once I get back round to 6pm, and the vodka returns to my lips, I feel soon better. Its a sign of dependency. Not one I would dispute, but I would however dispute that I was an alcoholic. Somewhere close to a functioning alcholic, perhaps. But having lived with a proper alchy, who would happily pop back home from work at lunch for a glass or two of scotch, and on weekends, always be drinking before midday, and near to always strong spirits, I know I am far removed from those depths of despair. I manage to maintain an early-ish (725am) start to each working day, and my job involves a huge amount of physical activity as well as socializing. I function. But have noticed, in this recent period, that I have been feeling far worse than normal. Firstly, i was given 60 days to vacate this house early january. A home i have enjoyed perhaps more than any other since childhood for these last couple of years/. I am a prominent member of the local community, well liked, respected, and will miss the area sorely. I simply cannot afford to get another lease in the area...so firstly that sadness, then the tension started building of 'fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...i have nowehere to live for my hound and i...fuck fuck fuck'...richard, a mate from home, left the house to visit england, then decided quickly he was staying there, rather than return to pay the rent, pay me back $3000+ he owes me, and help me move. Worse still, was that he had decided this months back, and simply lied to my face repeatedly. That hurts, as much as angers. He WILL pay the cash back, over time, of that I am sure, but for now, he has really fucked me over...next the irish moved out the house, leaving just Oscar and I...loneliness I have found hard to deal with. A few niggling ailments have appeared. And so...indeed, I had my first completely sober 36 hours over the weekend.

Unsurprisingly, a lady guest on saturday night didn't find me much different to normal, just a little more edgy and aggressive.

I enjoyed my return to the embrace of the vodka vixen last night, and am heading outside again now, to my garden...have to make the most of my front row HUB of the street, before I am forced to vacate. On that score...I have found a place in the western suburbs, Seddon. Virgin territory to me, but its a roof over my head and oscar's fangs, its cheap, not far from the city.

So...'my body is fucked'...for many traumas all converging upon me at once, mate. And I felt it was a good time to prove to myself that I can go without drinking at least for a night, still be sociable, suffer no horrible withdrawals and at the same time, why not play DETOX...I will now attempt to drink a little less every night, and have at least one night per week without the booze. Maybe more...

2-3 litres of vodka is too much for a 33 year old, who also smokes rollies (only when i drink) and a joint or two most nights. Its time for me to start taking a little more care of myself, or suffer greatly in the future.