Jersey Shore

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Jersey Shore

Post by SpRi7e » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:02 am

How the FUCK did they make it to season 5?

This show seriously has always confused me how people watch it religiously and actually enjoy it in the first place..

I've seen probably 4 episodes total, and forever refuse to watch this god awful show ever again. The first episode was just to watch Snooki get punched in the face before they censored it.

I understand maybe how people liked the first season, MAYBE the second..but the THIRD?.... FOURTH??.... and FIFTH?!????

SERIOUSLY? Does it make people feel better about themselves seeing sloppy drunken bitches and Guido's make a fool of themselves to the fullest extent or do people actually think it's a good show just because of...i just...don't know?

Really, explain this to me.. I will NEVER understand how popular this show is and has gotten without someone explaining this to me.

PS. My favorite thing I've seen with Mike "the situation" is when he was on the Roast of Donald Trump where he BOMBED it and everyone was silent or booing at him.
Peace Not Greed.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: Jersey Shore

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:50 am

The people who star in shows of that nature and the people who watch it religiously are one of the main problems with society today, in my opinion.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:09 pm

since people act like that in the show, and so many people watch it thinking how awesome it is, MADE people believe it is cool to act like a complete ass fuck Guido. New Jersey governor said that Jersey isn't really like that a little while ago... well guess what bitch? IT'S ALMOST LIKE THAT NOW.. last summer there were SO many more people who are like that
Peace Not Greed.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:48 pm

I watch it because I think it's funny...

Guess I'm the scum of society for watching something that entertains me :/

People really need to stop freaking out over a tv show. If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Simple as that. The more you address your hatred for something, the more it grows.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:11 am

I don't hate over it often, if really ever at all.. but people watch it like it's some amazing show. I just don't see how it can be seen as entertaining as it's the same ol' shit over and over. Everyone gets drunk, drama, bitches start crying, men go crazy or just fuck other bitches. End.
Peace Not Greed.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:28 pm

putting any support into this show is an atrocity imo.

you have no idea how many times ive attempted to pronounce the word "guido", understand why men are tanning, or know what snookie is, besides a whore.

really all i know about this show is the one guy doing horribly on the roast of donald trump, to the point where a real comedian had to save him.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:02 am

SpRi7e wrote:I don't hate over it often, if really ever at all.. but people watch it like it's some amazing show. I just don't see how it can be seen as entertaining as it's the same ol' shit over and over. Everyone gets drunk, drama, bitches start crying, men go crazy or just fuck other bitches. End.
I gotta admit, this season is kinda stale.

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:31 am

I don't think many people out there watch it for the plot... It can be amusing to watch exactly what you listed there.
Everyone gets drunk, drama, bitches start crying, men go crazy or just fuck other bitches. End.
When watching television shows, something I actually do very little of, I don't see the difference between laughing with somebody or laughing at somebody. As long as I'm laughing, I'm happy. The same can be said for the Jersey Shore fanbase.

I don't watch it anymore but the truth is there are A LOT of shows on television which are equally stupid or even worse. There are some people who cannot get enough of reality television. If the audience gets attached to the individual characters in the show then they are going to want to see more regardless of what's actually going on. That, my friend, is why I think people still watch it religiously.

I'm sure it's not as successful as it used to be anyway now that it's in its 5th season or whatever it is.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 am

I think people watch it for the same reason people gossip, it's real life and it's interesting even if it's none of your business. I don't personally watch it, it's pretty painful. It's like a caricature of the modern western world. The average people aren't necessarily as empty headed as these people with their inane idiosyncrasies, but everyone has idiosyncrasies that other people would think are stupid or weird. The average people do get drunk, drama, bitches cry, men go crazy or just fuck other bitches. This is the world we live in. :|
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:04 am

It also makes Americans appear like complete jackasses to the rest of the world. This show does not have the potential to entertain my dog. It should be banned from television and anyone resembling anyone from Jersey Shore in appearance or mannerisms should be sent to an internment camp in Siberia and forced to work in the mines in sub-zero temperatures.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:57 pm

andriaSRH wrote:I watch it because I think it's funny...

Guess I'm the scum of society for watching something that entertains me :/

People really need to stop freaking out over a tv show. If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Simple as that. The more you address your hatred for something, the more it grows.
I don't watch it, i've seen it once. We have similar shows over here such as The Only Way Is Essex and Made In Chelsea, portraying a bunch of plastic (i mean that in both senses of the word), moronic wankers and women who don't give a shit about anything other than their credit cards and their sexual nature.

Fuck these shows.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Shows like that set excellent examples for future generations --> act like a complete retard, binge drink 24/7 and get paid for it.

Fuck this society.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Yet if someone offered to pay you to do it, you would surely oblige :P

(these smilies are homo)
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:53 pm

I would certainly take the offer if the salary was really high and the hours were good. That way i'd have the time and money to use on things that actually matter.