Afraid of weed?

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

curiously
Why Hello There !

Afraid of weed?

Post by curiously » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:29 am

Hey everyone this is my first post.

Also thank you for all who read this and give me advice. Alright now to begin.

The first day I ever smoked I got super baked....Started off into a panic attack when the

high hit...remembering what my mom had told me of her cousin dying of laced weed?

(highly unlikely probably just some sick shit to make me not smoke shes a bitch like

that and I was only 14) anyways. It ended very nicely I smoked for a while after then stopped.

2 years later I started picking up smoking again. I was smoking daily for quite a while.

everything was fun no problems...then one night I got pretty high started on my way home

and then the road seemed to get longer and longer. I started freaking out but quickly calmed myself

got home and just went to bed. Then a couple nights later we shredded the weed

and smoked it probably the most High id ever been. Then he says o hey you need to head

home my gf gonna go to sleep...I instantly went into to panic I was laying there freaking

out....I felt like my soul was floating from my body and I kept hearing screaming??

I had to call a friend to come pick me up....I got home went to bed....Now I know this

might sound dumb...But I feel scarred after that..I am so scared to evern be around weed...

I am afraid I might catch a contact high if i am in the same room as somone smoking...

Sometimes if I smell a little bit I will even go into panic mode and start freaking out feeling

like I might be high....I cant hang out with friends or meet new people because so many

people smoke and I am so freaked out by it...and it is slowly transforming into something else too..

I guess any advice as to overcome this would be nice.. I feel like This fear is ruining my

mental psyche and turning into other fears now....

Thanks so much !

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Re: Afraid of weed?

Post by andriaSRH » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:14 am

Wow..dude...

I donno man. Sounds like weed just isn't for you. Perhaps the couple of times that you freaked out, you weren't comfortable and that's why you freaked? Or maybe the weed was laced?

The walking down the road and it getting longer sounds like something that happens to alot of stoners..lol. Like a "aw man..I need to go back to my house..but it's soooo far" kind of deal.

Can't say I've ever heard of anyone dying of laced weed..but hey..it may have happened. But still..it's LACED..not weed on it's on. So it wouldn't count as a weed overdose.

Maybe instead of getting crazy blazed, just take a few hits here and there and see how you feel. Nowadays I don't get stupid high anymore cuz it makes me feel weird. I'll just smoke enough for a good buzz, then I'll do something relaxing like listen to music or read a book.

Anyways..hoped that helped a little. Welcome to the boards. :D

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:27 am

you should see a professional, because that sounds like some heavy duty paranoia

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:18 pm

i agree, you should see a professional about dealing with your panic attacks.

then again, like Andria said, weed may not be right for you. If you're so scared that weed/drugs will fuck you up (in a bad way) then maybe you should just stick to sobriety?
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:09 pm

like andria said. the street seeming longer is a normal visual "hallucination" when stoned. remember weed is classified as a hallucinogen.

everything else sounds like really bad anxiety. a personal problem to you, that you shouldnt blame the weed for.
but i still wouldnt suggest smoking any until you have the paranoia under some sort of control

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 pm

the problem here, imo, is that he gets panicky even when he doesn't smoke. he can't hang out with his mates because he's afraid they'll be smoking and stuff.

curiously
Why Hello There !

Post by curiously » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:08 am

Yeah well see Drinking does not effect me at all I love to get wasted...I thought about going and seeing somone but I dont really wanna go pay to have somone put me on a pill?

I was wondering if this is just that whole Either rule fear or it will rule you kind of thing...

Idk I appreciate all the feed back so far thank you very much!

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:37 am

when it comes to fear its always a rule it or it rules you kinda thing.....

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:36 am

I vote against seeing a professional, he's going to put you on Valium or Xanax or some shit, which will cure your anxiety by turning you into a space case zomboid. I like what Abby just said about rule it or it rules you. My brother works in a phobia lab that was studying ways to cure phobias, and their method of choice was making you face your fear (in the lab's case they were using people with spider or snake phobias).

Just remember that it's all in your head! Weed is not dangerous. You won't get a contact high even if you're in the same room as someone and they were blowing hits at your face. I'm sure you'll get over this soon enough and be able to be around weed. Maybe you shouldn't smoke it though.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Yea, weed is harmless man. It's mostly all on your head. You had a bad experience , so now you can't get it out of your head that every time weed is around, something will go wrong.

I agree with Ikku, for sure stay away from weed until you are comfortable and in the right mind set to toke. Also seeing a professional doesn't sound like a good thing to do. "Oh hey, I need help with smoking weed." :/ I can't imagine it would go over well.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:09 pm

If this is a real post, read the book "Using your brain for a change". It describes how to get rid of your phobias and controlling of your brain from a professional NLP developer and he describes and shows how phobias can be cured within a few minutes. He even talked about a seminar he had where a girl had a SEVERE phobia of elevators which he cured in 3 minutes. It just takes a simple re-framing of your mindset which he describes in detail. It's becoming the new age Psychology/Psychiatry as it has started becoming EXTREMELY popular as of the past decade.

I've done a lot of the things he described on my own, and can fully support him that what he says is completely legitimate.

My suggestion though is..don't smoke weed. If you freak out too easily and can't enjoy it, don't bother. Either that or don't smoke as much to get to that hallucination point or smoke lower quality weed. After a couple sessions, you get a feel for how your body handles being high and you can adjust it accordingly, and I can guarantee that super high that you get only happens the first few times you smoke unless you don't build up any sort of tolerance.
Peace Not Greed.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 pm

i have a really weird phobia.

ketchup and mustard freak me out.
they are just weird and gross.
i can be around them no problem, i can watch other people it them no problem. but the idea of getting it on my skin disgusts me.
if i do get some on me my skin feels tainted and i have to wash wash wash.
even then i still like think i can smell it on my skin afterwards and it grosses me out.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Ketchup and mustard are awesome, just keep your nasty mayo to yourself.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

curiously
Why Hello There !

Post by curiously » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Yes I am most defiantly serious about this I am not a troll I am a real human being with a really fucked up issue haha!

Again I thank all of you for all your input any more information is great.

Yes I do not wanna see a counselor because I do not see how popping a pill really works in the end ya know? especially when zombie out break happens where do I get my pills then? (jk jk :rofl: )

I will check out the book if you back it up...Hopefully it will fix my brain...Also gonna start challenging my self phobia wise and hopefully the more I knock back the more brave I will become...

Yes abby see I can appreciate that with no judgement because I know my fear prolly sounds funny to you as does yours to me but I can understand it too...

But seriously thank you all for the advice and suggestions any more comments are welcomed....

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:10 am

Just for a heads up, NO psychiatrist is EVER going to force you to go on pills. If you go to a real one, then more than likely they won't even want to give them to you until you think that there is 'no way around it' or you're too lazy to want to actually take sessions and attempt to improve on your 'condition'.

You may want to talk to a person in real life about this though as getting things out in the open and having a real discussion puts a sense of realism to your situation and lets you see things in a different perspective. That alone may help it out and as weird as it may sound, just saying the words that you are feeling about the situation out loud may even be what you need to help it. First talk to some good trustworthy friends about it, and if they truly are your friends...they'll help you out.

Challenging yourself to get around it is a start. Do you have anxiety or panic attacks about anything else or was this the first of the episodes that you got?

I hope my words help you out.. I mean like I said, you don't HAVE to smoke weed. If you're at a young age, I would actually advise against it until your brain is more fully matured and ready to handle intoxication's that crazy. I know I started way too early, and by doing so it messed with my brain too much for my development years so it kind of ruined the passion I have for it now even though I still love posting here.
Peace Not Greed.