Asthma

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

JUNKIE CRACK WHORE
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by JUNKIE CRACK WHORE » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:48 pm

Ya kno ventalin?Asmatha medicine?Does that do anything to ya if ya smoke weed?
This is the end.

CaNuCk
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by CaNuCk » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:46 am

I use ventalin and sometimes I do need it after a session. I get weezy if I blaze too much one day, but my inhaler does the trick everytime.

TYStonerTY
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by TYStonerTY » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:57 pm

yeah bro weed is a bronchodilator, i asked my doc :D
your fine with smoking, just no tobacco
[img]http://s9.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_40021/T0_40021_1470270.jpg[/img]
Sig by antiflagPUNK

Lewis3
Why Hello There !

Re: Asthma

Post by Lewis3 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:08 am

Strange as it may seem, most people who smoked marijuana have a much less chance of developing either asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, however, marijuana smoke contains toxic gasses and particulates that are usually harmful to the lung.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:20 am

Amazing this, my brother had asthma but still toked.
But, literally, I'm thankful I don't have asthma.

beastybeezy
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by beastybeezy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:49 pm

I've had Asthma since childhood and i've been smoking cigs and weed for about 5 years now, heres my 2cents:

Any smoke inhaled (cigs, weed, shisha) can irritate my lungs if I dont use my medication correctly. I find that sometimes my 1st toke of the day will make me choke - almost as if my pipes and lungs havent stretched before exercise lol. Usually a few puffs of salbutemol (standard blue puff pump) do the trick. Also if I use Seratide (Pink round preventative inhaler) before i sleep regularly, this prevents the first toke the next day from being too harsh.

Be careful because as your asthmatic you may not pay as much attention to a bad cough and ignore it thinking its just the asthma! always get persistent (more than a month) coughs checked out.

Also, this may sound dumb, but if you find you just cant hold the smoke down because your tight etc. try this nose breathing exercise - close one nostril with your finger, breath in DEEP (not with smoke lol) and then use your finger to close the other nostril and breath out. i.e Breath in though nostril A, out through B. Repeat 10 times and then switch (in though B out through A) another 10 times. Try another toke and it will be sooooo much smoother.

try to avoid coughing with smoke still in your lungs and this is a sure fire way to irritate. GEt the smoke out first and then cough (also dont cough unless you 100% have to)

Smoking with Asthma can lead to massive catarrh build up - if you cough some up, DO NOT swallow it back spit that shit out - catarrh is what makes it hard to toke.
smoke something...

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 pm

What the hell is Cattarh? Do you mean like Phlem or Bronchitis or something?

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:11 am

With me my brother's like 40 and I'm 23..he never said anything but now he's at Switzerland..hopefully you grow out of asthma.

beastybeezy
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by beastybeezy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:26 am

Weedguru Higher wrote:What the hell is Cattarh? Do you mean like Phlem or Bronchitis or something?
Lol yea 'catarrh' is an "excessive build-up of phlegm" - might just be a word we use in the UK tho :scratchs:
smoke something...

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:55 am

beastybeezy wrote:
Weedguru Higher wrote:What the hell is Cattarh? Do you mean like Phlem or Bronchitis or something?
Lol yea 'catarrh' is an "excessive build-up of phlegm" - might just be a word we use in the UK tho :scratchs:
Nope... pretty sure we just use phlegm here as well. Catarrh sound like a middle eastern holy book.
Four star familiar.

beastybeezy
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by beastybeezy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:40 pm

lol - type in catarrh in google, the first link is to the NHS page for it

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Catarrh/
smoke something...

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:25 pm

Never heard of it before.... must be just a more medical term i guess. I still use the word 'sniffles' to describe flu symptoms so that's probably why it sounded strange... it's definitely not a common word though that's for sure.
Four star familiar.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:47 am

Wow, i do not know that word!

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:12 am

beastybeezy wrote:lol - type in catarrh in google, the first link is to the NHS page for it

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Catarrh/
Indeed. It was a commonly used term in my younger years in the UK when the doctors were trying to work out why I was particularly susceptible to the common cold, or more specifically, nasal problems, catarrh build-up of the sinuses. It was also referred to in every single instruction insert found in the various medicines I was prescribed. It wasn't until I had an operation...quaterization perhaps???...in which hot irons were used to burn away part of my sinuses, that I found improvement. Before that operation I was somewhat podgy, afterwards I was a thin kid with a little belly, a shape I have kept since those bloody days of cotton wool and feeling wretched. Still, I got off far more easily than the chap next to me who was going through the same operation...I awoke drowsy and slightly pained, whereas he had towels, crimson coloured from the blood, covering half his face...but back to the thread; Catarrh is a word used commonly in my homeland (the F. UK)

And I have read and heard contrasting stories vis-a-vis the benefits and dangers of marijuana inhalation. Some literature suggests that marijuana smoke is nowhere near as carcinogenic as tobacco smoke or other forms of smoke used for recreational purposes. But then in my head, all burning produces carcinogens and its a matter of how carcinogenic a particular kind of smoke is. Some conclusive proof on the matter would be welcome.

Still...asthma is a different beast to lung cancer altogether. I am far from an expert in the causes of and treatment of asthma, other than a tightening, asphyxiating effect upon the trachea or little sacks in our lungs which we use to breathe.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/