Mushroom Grow Log

The place to chat about drugs other than marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Mushroom Grow Log

Post by SpRi7e » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Here's my last years grow log that got deleted when the site went down.. thanks to CTCF asking about it I ended up finding all the pictures

The teq I used is called the 'PF-tek method" so if you want to figure out my exact measurements with things, look it up and read the guide

Here was the preparation with the images..
a 10mL standard syringe filled with Psilocybe B+ Cubensis
perlite
vermiculite
brown rice flower
pressure cooker

Here's the progression of the mycelium starting to colonize the substrate

Now here's my partly finished fruiting chamber I made with the more progressed shroom cakes.. The pictures don't show it, but since I never had a humidifier in there, I cut 2 liter soda bottles at the bottom to place around the cakes and sprayed the inside with warm water every day. Mushrooms need extremely high humidity to grow, and this method worked PERFECT.. I never read anywhere at the time to do that, and ended up getting a higher average yield than most people who do the pf-tek method

Here's the next day (I think) of the shrooms in the fruiting chamber (it takes 2-4 days for the shrooms to pop up once they are set up in this stage)

Here's the first set of shrooms finishing up right before I picked them.. also a picture of my first mushroom that I picked

Here's my next flush.. what you do after you harvest your shrooms for the first time, you give them a water shock..
What I did was get a giant fish tank filled 1/2 way up with water, and put the shroom cakes in there...but I found out how fucking buoyant these things are so I had to put a metal screen on top with a weight to force them in the water for roughly 18 hours. After that I coated them with another layer of vermiculite and let them grow back up

Jesus says herrrro

overall I got 1.5 dried ounces from a total of 4 flushes

Oh yeah, I used a desiccant (I forget the name of it) to dry the mushrooms, which took roughly two days. The way I did it was get a giant salad bowl, put a small amount of the desiccant on the bottom with a metal screen on top that the mushrooms laid on.

Any questions?
Peace Not Greed.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: Mushroom Grow Log

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:04 pm

no questions just a comment

this is to fucking cool

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:08 pm

AbbyRoad wrote:this is to fucking cool

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:15 am

What did you use for a fruiting chamber?

How did you maintain the appropriate temperature and humidity?

How did you maintain appropriate sterilization throughout the process?

Was the inoculation process diffucult?

Any reliable websites for spore attainment?

Thanks!
Get busy living or get busy dying.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:40 am

What did you use for a fruiting chamber?

I used an average tote with a pull up top lid so I could put a light to hang on top (best to use battery powered light and attach it to the top)

On the bottom of it I had 1.5 inches of perlite and a water mix for the ground medium

How did you maintain the appropriate temperature and humidity?

I didn't actually need to change the temperature, the area I had it in was 70 degrees which is ideal..actually anywhere between 68-75 is perfect. For the humidity I cut the bottom of a 2 liter soda bottle so I can put it around it to surround the cakes. With that, I sprayed the inside of them with warm water for every day it fruited (2 weeks total for 4 flushes) to keep the humidity levels high. mushrooms need about 90-95% humidity for the best results and It worked perfectly fine as a mini humidity chamber for each cake

How did you maintain appropriate sterilization throughout the process?

I did everything in a pretty clean room, and wiped down everything that would be touching or touch the jars from the start until I put them away in a safe storage spot for a few weeks (mine took 5 weeks actually to fully cake over) with sanitizing wipes and to help even more, you should wear latex gloves. My second time doing this I actually was stupid and was lazy with the sterilization, but they still ended up not becoming contaminated

Was the inoculation process diffucult?

not at all.. to be honest, the hardest part was figuring out how to get our pressure cooker working correctly. It's almost as easy as baking a cake, just follow the exact ingredients to the mix and all will go well

Any reliable websites for spore attainment?

http://www.spores101.com/psilocybe-spore-strains.html

I've gone through them twice, each order was received in a stealth package within 5 days.. also order the syringe, not the prints.. if you get the prints, you'll need to put them in a syringe anyway so it's almost pointless. Each syringe comes with 10mL of a water/spore mix and can inoculate up to 8-10 cakes

I bought the B+ as they are the easiest to grow and produce very high yields, but the choice is yours what you want. Other mushrooms aren't as giving to temp/humidity change, or might produce way less yields
Peace Not Greed.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:39 am

man... a lot of those shrooms look like dicks.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:54 am

hahahaha, EVERY person who saw my original thread said the exact same thing...it totally does though
Peace Not Greed.

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:39 pm

I have so many questions to ask :) I dont know where to start
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:05 am

well go for it as I'm completely re freshened on how the whole process works.. I've done the setup twice in the past week now.

Here we come Psilocybe Cubensis Ecuador and Golden Teachers!

btw I'm doing the pf-tek method again, except I'm doing casings instead of the normal cakes.. should take a few weeks longer, but I'll get a much better yield this time around

My suggestions for growin shrooms..

STERILIZATION, can not stress this more, just a few small microbes getting in the wrong area and BOOM! everything down the drain.

Actually that's about it.
Peace Not Greed.

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by jcube69 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:20 am

i know this is an old thread but mushroom shall not die so easily XD

[quote=spri7e]Oh yeah, I used a desiccant (I forget the name of it) to dry the mushrooms, which took roughly two days. The way I did it was get a giant salad bowl, put a small amount of the desiccant on the bottom with a metal screen on top that the mushrooms laid on.
[/quote]
calcium chloride also known as damp-rid or damp be gone (avialable in "refill" packs at any hardware store...menards/lowes)

THE BEST SITE FOR ALL YOUR SHROOM KNOWLEDGE http://www.shroomery.org/

and if your lazy and just want a link to a nice guide read this (ALL OF IT :twisted: )
http://www.shroomery.org/8411/The-Magic ... wers-Guide

may be a bit outdated but the site has all your answers
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Image

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:58 pm

yeah, if you want to know anything about mushrooms, or want to learn how to do it.. shroomery is the best. It's got professional mycologists, a thread about every technique, and a very informative site. I remember posting my first trip report on there about 4 years ago. I have quit using mushrooms and psychedelics though as I'm happy where I'm at now. Maybe I'll try acid one more time (only done it once), and DMT a few times as it's always interested me along with ibogaine sometime
Peace Not Greed.

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:58 pm

I personally believe everyone should try DMT at least once. I also believe everyone should try a hit of nitrous at the peak of an acid trip. DMT is really easy to obtain if you extract it yourself, too.

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by jcube69 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:08 am

JTP wrote:I personally believe everyone should try DMT at least once. I also believe everyone should try a hit of nitrous at the peak of an acid trip. DMT is really easy to obtain if you extract it yourself, too.
sept trying to find a trusted source of MHRB nowdays -.- mabye im being paranoid but meh =\
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Image

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:36 am

Bouncing Bear's recommended source can be trusted. Good cacti and root bark.

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by jcube69 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:47 am

JTP wrote:Bouncing Bear's recommended source can be trusted. Good cacti and root bark.
ahh yes this was true however the government seems to have there own agenda....

check out the BS that happened to the owner http://www.savejon.org/

needless to say the dont sell MHRB anymore (for the time being anyway and wouldnt want to buy from a company who had there records seizzed from the feds anyhoo)