Online Dating...does it work???Have you tried it??

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Online Dating...does it work???Have you tried it??

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:00 am

With a few posts about this topic flowing through the random topic and some experience in the area and lengthy thoughts on the matter, I figured why not create a thread...

How many of you have tried it??

I have. During a period of daily drunkenness in which my only loose aims were finding women, vodka, making sure my hellhound was alive and safe. It was not just through online dating sites I sought women, it was everywhere and always. After so much of my life spent chasing a dangerously romeo-esque ideal of true love, true passion, true desire, true soul-mates, I found myself in a situation where it was Oscar, me and the vodka. The thing is, I never really chased. I simply wrote online, spoke to women in supermarkets, in the street, always when in my front garden and drunk with Oscar by my side, chased whoever appeared in some way enticing to any of my senses. But that is another story. for now, lets focus on the online dating routine.

Is it possible to fall in love from a distance, having never met the source and target of your amour??? Can feelings of any true value be conjured from mere words alone and the odd photo??? It is a misty swamp. So many factors come into play. On one hand, feelings and desires can definitely be born from a distance...Take a palestinian kid whose home has just been bulldozed by an IDF tank. His life will become pure hatred, a very strong emotion, to the perpetrators. And it is very real...Would his hatred be tempered and altered if he were to meet the IDF??? Given the carnage the group as a whole have wreaked upon his people and family, the feeling would be too strong to avoid. It would be real, dominating.

So if hate can be formed at a distance, so can love...Most people hate Hitler, dead or alive, yet most have never met him. Know enough about a person, believe in what you know, feelings can be formed.

With online dating, a similar process is at play. Everything depends on the sincerity of the two involved. How honest are they??? How proficient are they at expressing themselves in words from a distance??? And most pertinent of all...can they appear and feel the same character when you meet in the flesh???

In the modern world where many couples first connect physically when full of drugs and off their faces, it could be said that its a clearer connection when the relationship is formed primarily through sober, careful expression through words...and words are our main way of communication, spoken really, then written next.

Your thoughts please, people...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Grrrl

Re: Online Dating...does it work???Have you tried it??

Post by Grrrl » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Dating doesnt work full stop, internet or real life, you're better off saving yourself the heartache n just becoming a monk if you want to be happy. Otherwise you end up disappointed or disappointing some one else, might as well save yourself the trouble.
Me importa un pimiento...

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:24 am

I tried it a couple of times, half the time it's bullshit lure profiles and sometimes it works.

Never found someone interesting enough to start a relationship with though.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:48 am

Grrrl wrote:Dating doesnt work full stop, internet or real life, you're better off saving yourself the heartache n just becoming a monk if you want to be happy. Otherwise you end up disappointed or disappointing some one else, might as well save yourself the trouble.
Oh Del dearest! Your cynicism is endearing to the end...I should send you a few lines soonish, now that I am done with my visitors from the motherland and finished my open uni course, pointless as it was.

How are you???
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/