Ideology and Culture limit and betray.

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: Ideology and Culture limit and betray.

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:36 pm

or maybe he wanted to say it simply so youd figure it out yourself.....you know keeping with that theme

(im not really being serious with this post)

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:38 pm

that really probably is the reason he did that, keeping it simple to let you reflect and branch it out yourself
Peace Not Greed.

helenF9867
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by helenF9867 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Have you heard of Nietzsche? He thinks like this. He said that culture (or religion) prevents man from becoming the overman (where the word superman comes from). We can actualize our fullest potentials if we stray ourself away from societal beliefs.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:22 am

helenF9867 wrote:Have you heard of Nietzsche? He thinks like this. He said that culture (or religion) prevents man from becoming the overman (where the word superman comes from). We can actualize our fullest potentials if we stray ourself away from societal beliefs.
I remember dipping into the Nietzsche rivers a few years back, 'beyond good and evil'...He seemed very interesting, unafraid to focus on an idea I share, which is that only certain people are capable of certain greatness. The step further which I maybe just sensed but didn't find was that the lesser mortals were there to be used for the gain of the greater mortals. Which is where the wise kraut, or at least my inkling of where the wise kraut was going, and my own philosophy, markedly differ.

Have you read much of him, Helen?
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by pkkupo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Even assuming he is being condescending or smug or arrogant, if you simply take the words for what they are, he makes points that I would have trouble refuting... And rather agree with. Ideology should be an intuitive function based on logical morality. Not anything you can write down.
Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:16 am

pkkupo wrote:Even assuming he is being condescending or smug or arrogant, if you simply take the words for what they are, he makes points that I would have trouble refuting... And rather agree with. Ideology should be an intuitive function based on logical morality. Not anything you can write down.
How would you view what Hitler set out to achieve, mr p?? An ideology?>>> A fascist masterpiece???? It doesn't seem to fit your rather tight definition and I am interested as to how you got to those confines.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by pkkupo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:45 am

Anything Hitler wrote down concerning Nazism was a product of his ideology and ambitions. Obviously much of what constituted his personal ideology was reflected in everything he did, as it does with everyone else. If I'm right in assuming we are simply discussing semantics here, my argument is that ideology has more to do with your decision making in life (whether it be taking over the world or returning a lost wallet or whatever) based on your intuitive conscience, and less on developing a rigid policy or law that must be applied in the exact same way to every appropriate situation. In other words, there is wiggle room where ideology is concerned. It is situational, more affected by variables. I hope that answers your question.
Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...