Omens...

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Omens...

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:41 am

I had a nightmare of sorts last night...it involved me riding my r6 up a horrifically steep hill road. Behind me was a chap in a car; who was my best mate for 25 years. That friendship ended, at least in words and contact, last year, when I finally told his wife what I truly thought of her...on facebook, or fuckbook as i call it, of all places. That is another story, but back to this dream...I was heading up this insanely steep hill-road, and with andrew behind me in his car, beckoning me to go onwards, i continued, though slowed down...when I got near the peak, i was thinking 'i have no idea what lies beyond...should i stop??? no...surely its at least more ROAD.'...so i slowed, but continued on the r6, and when i reached the peek, i flew over the edge...a 1000ft or more drop embraced me, i let go of the bike, which flew down to its death, i flew through the air, saw a roof of a nearby bulding and willed my hands there, grabbing at the ledge, i managed to find it!, but my head hit the concrete hard...my skull seemed to compress, blood poured out, as well as cerebral matter...but i survived.

I awoke from this traumatic misadventure in the dream realm. And could not get back to sleep. Even wanking seemed lacking joy and pointless to attempt, for my spirit was sullen and scared...so I lay awake, after a while entered at best fitfully back into slumber. And when the alarm roused me from my half asleep, half awake state, i donned work threads, tucked under the covers, with kisses, my hellhound OScar, then rode to work, still feeling the effects of both the dream and the kief i was smoking the night before. I told my workmates in the mailroom what had transpired...and let it be.

I was in need of replenishment of my greenery stash, hence smoking the ground kief last night, which as always, affected me deep into the next day of near to waking state...i was likely more in a subconscious realm than conscious...So words were sent to my florist, a meeting time was agreed. I had, by this point of my working day, happily allowed my nocturnal horrorshow to subside into apparent nothingness.

So i finish work, jump aboard my two wheeled steed, and begin my journey north of the city towards my florist. Before I have left the main CBD I am close to a fellow rider. His beast was a delightful zx-10r. A modern ninja. I had hoped for a nod of approval at the first lights where we found ourselves side by side, but none was forthcoming. He sped off as Red jumped to Green. I gave moderate chase, when normally, I would give savage chase. As my bike can keep up with, if not better, ANYTHING legal on the road up to around 150km/h...if pushed hard. I rarely push hard, but I do not need to, if i wish to achieve 0-80km/h in 2-3 seconds, which is enough to bring me daily joy. Perhaps the remnants of the nightmare were affecting me...but either way...I let him fly ahead, and met him at the next set of lights. Where I didn't bother to expect a nod of aknowledgment. Instead I noted his long hair, escaping his helmet, i noted his full armour, and the twin exhaust of his far more modern than my own two wheeled steed. Again at the lights he shot forward, like a bat out of hell. Temptation raged within me to give chase, but i held back...

I saw a brown van in front of him ( I have extremely fast reacting and expansive vision), in the coupled lane next to mine, it was indicating LEFT to nowhere, then turning off the indicator...I thought to myself 'thats a fucking nightmare, better to stay behind such a goon, than attempt to pass, unless you do so with pure venom'...and then...i focused on my own lane, opened my own throttle, cautiously, enough to take me well past the brown van to my left in miliseconds, but my advance was checked...by a loud smash and sreeching, of metal upon road, of, as it turned out, flesh upon road...i slowed down, as i saw the brown van shoot off, and the bike throw itself screechingly along the tarmac...to my left...but where was the rider??? I checked mirrors again, waved my hand in the air as i indicated left, hopeful of those behind me understanding my need to dismount. Parked the bike and, my heart pumping adrenalin through my crimson rivers, saw the rider, prostrate...by the side of the road. and a man running full pelt towards him. I dismounted, jogged to the rider, who was by now surrounded by a crowd, growing by the second...i was pondering...'do i ask someone to help me set his bike up from the floor??? or should i just leave this scene? do i have anything to offer here??? i saw a brown van, no number plate...even though i am sure it must have clipped him, sending him down...'...as i was cogitating such things, the Lazarus rider came back to life, i drew closer, he was moving his legs, and the heavily muscled savior was ringing an ambulance above him, and demanded 'STAY THE FUCK DOWN...THERE IS BLOOD FROM YOUR HEAD...DONT FUCKING MOVE'...wise words. harshly, as necessary, given. I looked upon such a scene, for a full 5 minutes, then got back on my own bike and rode away, very slowly and carefully, to purchase my quarter of high potency skunk.

Now, due to my lifestyle, I rarely move from half awake, half asleep, and i always remember my dreams...I cannot recall EVER dreaming of injuring my head, blood pouring from my scalp, before...I cannot even recall ever dreaming of riding...yet the afternoon after the first dream of such things, i witness, literally side by side, a biker crunched, and blood pouring from his head, clouding his visor...did i have an Omen? Is this a hint of prophecy? the result of a raw connection to something i cannot fathom yet want to believe in, so fucking much,.,.,?
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Ella_Bella
Casual toker
Casual toker

Re: Omens...

Post by Ella_Bella » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:50 pm

Wow... Umm.. let me get back to you on this.. I have some theories, but I have to get ready for work right now, so I'll let you know later this weekend... it does seem like your cautiousness (in part due to the dream) could very well have helped you NOT be the one with the busted head...Anyways, I have to go for now, but I'll be back with better thoughts...

~Ella
~Ella

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:56 pm

It's called coincidence Dan.

Nicely written mate, you should write a short about riding a beast of a bike :)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:30 am

its called 'co-incidence' by you, mate...not me.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm not sure what to make of this. There are plenty of things I dreamed of that did come to pass, with the dream being eerily accurate. Then again there's plenty of dreams I wished so hard to come true but never did. But maybe I simply am mistaken in the interpretations of the symbols within those dreams.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Blunt Docta
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by Blunt Docta » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:40 am

what a deep read. crazy man. gonna think on this deeply over a smoking session, and ill get back with my thoughts.

junkinmahcranium
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by junkinmahcranium » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:53 am

hmmmmmmmmm
Last edited by junkinmahcranium on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 pm

It might be possible to have some kind of glimpse into the future now and again...Or it could be coincidence as Flow said..

Been watching Through The Wormhole recently, narrated by none other than Morgan Freeman, this episode might be a good one for you to watch Animal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il0pzBsho5U
:scratchs:

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:26 am

Cheers for the link, mate... I will peek once my den is tidied, I am in the throws of a impromptu feng shui masterclass effort.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:36 am

I'm weak. Only one voice. It's futile.

helenF9867
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by helenF9867 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:27 pm

I think dreams are just our mind playing with our thoughts. In my opinion, it doesn't generate omens, it's purely coincidence.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:31 am

I'd go much farther than that with my ideas of the value and power of dreams. Not an instant leap into Omens, but certainly far far more intricate, than something as pointless as 'our minds playing with our thoughts'...It makes no sense whatsoever for evolution to have improved us in so many important ways that we are masters of the land, near masters of the land, and have our way a fair amount on and in the water, yet at the same time, we have maintained, the biological function of dreaming since cavemen times and who knows how long before...we would have to peek at the dreams of our ancestors, and other associated primates and other creatures, to even begin to gather hope of fathoming how and why we dream. Clearly we are not the sole dreamers, species wise...for anyone with a cat or hound in their family will know this to be a false assumption. So other creatures dream...to what end??? Any answer basically suggesting Dreams are 100% innocuous, seem much more far fetched to me, than any answer suggesting otherwise.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:27 pm

I don't remember my dreams so why bother..

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Realisitic dreams and nightmares have been a part of my life since I've been a child.

From my experience they are a reflection of the ongoings in life

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:28 pm

I agree there. They are reflections, but nothing more.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.