Define Love:

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: Define Love:

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:50 am

im just a fool in love, and a fool for love.

its something i have a hard time explaining and/or defining. ive seen it run hot and ive seen it run cold. ive felt it grow from a seed and blossom into a thing of wonder. ive felt it hit me like a savage storm and exhaust itself. and thats just romantic love...
love between family and friends has it own sweet bitterness as well

really id like to be more insightful here since your looking for serious answers bobby boy but....alas....the words still escape me.
i guess i could sum it up with love confuses me

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:10 am

AbbyRoad wrote:im just a fool in love, and a fool for love.

its something i have a hard time explaining and/or defining. ive seen it run hot and ive seen it run cold. ive felt it grow from a seed and blossom into a thing of wonder. ive felt it hit me like a savage storm and exhaust itself. and thats just romantic love...

really id like to be more insightful here since your looking for serious answers bobby boy but....alas....the words still escape me.
wicked words, abby...i'd be mightily proud of myself had i conjured such lines...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:45 pm

don't worry bobby - all good answers will come by themselve.

The only thing that comes to my mind at the moment is the fact i strongly believe that love can't be, in any case, conditional.
If there's conditions needed in order to love someone - or to be loved - it's not love, not even friendship. i don't know what it is but it's not sane.
"In Life, everyone starts out as a pawn, Every journey begins with a single move. . It's the decisions we make along the way that shapes our endgame."

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:30 am

weedguru_animal wrote:
AbbyRoad wrote:im just a fool in love, and a fool for love.

wicked words, abby...i'd be mightily proud of myself had i conjured such lines...
thank you :o

logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by logically » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:06 am

awwww you changed the thread title :(

oh well....

Love: A strange chemical reaction in the brain which inhibits the use of logic or reason.
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:43 am

logically wrote:awwww you changed the thread title :(

oh well....

Love: A strange chemical reaction in the brain which inhibits the use of logic or reason.
I have heard such nonsense before, mate...i have no doubt that when people are in love, passionately so, truly consumed, there is a reaction in the brain to what the heart is feeling. The brain activity shoes reaction to the Outside influencing our Inside. So at best, such a scientific stance can only make sense if worded differently...i could hit my head on the wall and get a strange chemical reaction in my brain...It leads onto discussion of other things science can see evidence of in the brain...like depression...treating JUST the brain, does not cure the depression, it just masks it, inhibits our potential to feel...depression is always rooted in mental or emotional problems, which occur due to...that same Outside mixing with Inside routine. :skunk:

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:53 am

Well - everyone gets that chemical reactions.
that is turning into that ''what is reality'' discution.

Everyone feels and ''goes trought'' that chemical reaction differently just as everyone perceives the world in their own way.
"In Life, everyone starts out as a pawn, Every journey begins with a single move. . It's the decisions we make along the way that shapes our endgame."

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:12 am

This is a tough question to answer just as with any other large and vague questions of life...
Even though you're talking about love in general, I'm going to focus more on the relationship aspect of it. Even though I'm focusing more on that, I think a lot of it can be translated into the general aspect as well.

I believe love is patient and kind...it will put other people before puts yourself it bonds and connects people, and willing to forgive and forget any wrongdoings without judgement.
Love can only be felt in the present moment. It relies heavily on trust. Once you can trust someone, and be able to share things truthfully with one another you develop intimacy and respect for one another. Without these things you can not form a bond with one another. Without truth, trust can not occur. Without the development of trust, respect will never be born. Without a level of respect for another, a functional relationship of love will not seed and nourish the partners. Intimacy occurs when we become willing to share our whole selves with another in this order. It is the gift we get when we learn to engage in a balanced, loving and functional relationship.

logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by logically » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:47 am

Mate wrote:Well - everyone gets that chemical reactions.
that is turning into that ''what is reality'' discution.

Everyone feels and ''goes trought'' that chemical reaction differently just as everyone perceives the world in their own way.

ha ha ha you just blew my mind

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:42 am

Love is a difficult term to define. I believe love is is a deep rooted feeling of affection towards another person or object. Love can vary in terms of types (girlfriend, father, sports, chocolate), but there is always that inner feeling that exists and makes one aware that they are experiencing something special. People who never experience this feeling in a specific area may not believe that love can even exist. I'm guessing that's the reason some people do not believe in love. I don't necessarily agree that love is selfless because one can gain pleasure from loving. Maybe in a perfect world love should be selfless, but I don't think it actually is. I agree with logically that love is something that can make someone who may otherwise be perfectly rational, go 'crazy'. It can fog up one's vision. Love can make an individual view something that's imperfect as being absolutely perfect. Finally I believe that love can be both mental/emotional and physical.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:20 am

A chemical reaction.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Love is a chemical reaction? Give me the empirical formula then oh wise one...there is not a single spot in your brain you could point to chemicals and say "oh there's the love reaction." Honestly that kind of positivist answer is so empty it makes me weep. Love is a subjective feeling, not a physical thing happening in your brain, you can't do any kind of brain scan and show the emotion of love. In fact the exact same brain activity could be interpreted by your consciousness as fear or as excitement or as jealousy, depending on the subjective factors surrounding it.

So...what is love?

Baby don't hurt me...don't hurt me...no more....
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 am

Ikku wrote:Love is a chemical reaction? Give me the empirical formula then oh wise one...there is not a single spot in your brain you could point to chemicals and say "oh there's the love reaction." Honestly that kind of positivist answer is so empty it makes me weep. Love is a subjective feeling, not a physical thing happening in your brain, you can't do any kind of brain scan and show the emotion of love. In fact the exact same brain activity could be interpreted by your consciousness as fear or as excitement or as jealousy, depending on the subjective factors surrounding it.

So...what is love?

Baby don't hurt me...don't hurt me...no more....
well put, mate. :kiss:

bobissmall1
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by bobissmall1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:37 am

I think, to clear something up, that many of us are operating on different ideas of what is meant by the word love. I was speaking of when we tell our parents/friends/fun uncles that we "love" them. We can spread it out, but if you are going to offer a definition it may be helpful to say what you mean by "love", because depending on the usage, every single definition is valid and useful.
"This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
All this pain is an illusion..."

logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by logically » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:30 pm

well it may be a subjective feeling, but how are we going to have any feelings at all without chemical reactions in our brain.

so which came first, the feeling or the chemical reaction causing feelings?

or the chicken or the egg?