A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: DEATH...

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:07 am

Fergus_84 wrote:
WeedGuru_Flow wrote:It's quite simple, from the moment you die the electrical energy in your body simply dissipates and your cells start deteriorating, being reabsorbed into the earth's crust where it will recycle and release it's energy back into the planet providing nurture for plants and insects.

I always remember thinkin this when studying physics, that the energy in the universe is constant, it never ends, just changes form eg electrical-heat-kinetic-etc-etc. We are part of that energy, a product of that energy, fundamentally we are all stardust!
(sure thats a quote from something or other)

In addition to this i used to think of the energy of thoughts and always liked the notion of that thought energy taking our experiences of life, love, compassion, fear, etc with it once we die allowing the universe to mature on some spiritual level. (probably stole this idea from final fantasy 7)

All ties into hinduism and creation, death and rebirth, scientifically correct(ish to my basic understanding of the subject) with respect to the infinate expantion (from the creation of the universe) and contraction (destruction of the universe).
mr fergus, you have made a worthy of a doffed cap entrance, into the wedguru realm...and so...now i ask you, and flow, what of Soul? what of Spirit??? where does that go, when our physical carraige perishes?
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Fergus_84
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Fergus_84 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:20 am

what of Soul? what of Spirit??? where does that go, when our physical carraige perish

My friend, you assume...which is all we can ever do, to the existence of such phenomena....I am afraid i am too young (at 26)to have any impacting thoughts about this issue in too much depth.

however....

To answer that we would need to know what the spirit and soul are? Unfortunately we know nothing, exept our own existence, everything else of which we know is based in a temporal mindset of our brains, of our lives, our world, our solar system, everything we know will always end, the concept of spirit and soul would be have an untemporal/infinate existence (we hope) and pair with the untemporal universe.

Us, being temporal/limited entities in an untemporal universe means we will never fully comprehend the possibility of the infinate in any respect (soul, spirit, love, god, etc), by no means we should give up exploring the possibilities purely because we will never fully understand them.

To me the concept of spirit/soul is a a natural human reaction to this "not knowing", never truley knowing and confusion in our sense of belonging in the grand scheme of things.

What of the "spirits" and "souls" of all the beings of all the worlds that have been and gone, lightyears away, of parallel universes/multiverses? To acknowlege spirit and soul existing in the eternal sense then we have to apply this through space an time.... :dunno:

...tying into the whole growth/evolution of the universal collective spirit...to me if that exists...that is God, we arnt judged, there is no morality and time...we (body&mind)s imply are, we (body&mind)experience, we (body) die and are reborn(in the whole energy sense), we (mind) become part of the universal collective.....
...that would be nice

But honestly, wtf do i know...

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 am

Fergus_84 wrote: ...tying into the whole growth/evolution of the universal collective spirit...to me if that exists...that is God, we arnt judged, there is no morality and time...we (body&mind)s imply are, we (body&mind)experience, we (body) die and are reborn(in the whole energy sense), we (mind) become part of the universal collective.....
...that would be nice
This sounds about what I think, there have been times when I've been absolutely sure of it as a revelation of divine truth and times where I think it's rubbish. If only I could recreate that moment where it all snapped into place and I knew life for what it really was.

Death is not something I am personally afraid of, it is the deaths of others that bothers me. Although I think as the time draws nearer, if I am so lucky as to see it looming on the horizon, I will become afraid, as I feel that in old age all of our life's sins, our carefree moments where we threw caution to the wind, it's all going to come back to bite us in the ass. My pops is 60 years old and I think he is starting to show signs of diabetes, although he's been tested and he's fine and he is offended by the idea, I think it's just because he's afraid that it means a shorter lifespan due to his lifestyle. To a 20 year old like myself, threatening to knock 10 years off your life from cigarettes and excessive drug and alcohol use sounds like "meh who cares" but a 60 year old doesn't want to hear they have 10 less years than people normally do.

Even if I get to old age and still don't fear death, I will fear the ramifications from my life adding up, hopefully I will be healthy but I've used a ton of different drugs already, which may have weakened me to the point that even if I stick to booze from now on it could easily wreak havoc on my kidneys, liver, brain...I already have scars, bumps, and bruises that have lasted for over 2 years since a drunk driving accident, and I feel they may never fully heal.

All the more reason to face my fears, try things like skydiving. I'd much rather die of a heart attack jumping out of a plane than from falling apart as I get old
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:04 am

when i think about death i also like to think why death causes so much sorrow for the people close to the deceased
and this is what ive thought about.

we are sad for the deceased because all their potential is gone. we think about all the things they will never do and it fills us with grief for them.
we are sad for ourselves because we think about all the things we loved about/doing with that person. we feel as if there will always be that gap which they used to fill. only time will tell if that gap shrinks or remains.
also sometimes after someone is passed away i will grieve for their loved ones remaining alive. empathy also me to "understand" (not fully obviously) the pain they are going through

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:09 am

Say someone dies in old age, after their potential is pretty much used up anyway. Once they've lived a full long life, isn't being sad a bit selfish in a way? I'm sad not because they are in pain, I am sure death is peaceful, I am sad for myself mostly because I don't get to see them anymore.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Fergus_84
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Fergus_84 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:25 pm

I understand what you both mean. Ive been pretty sheltered and am currently living with my parents, nearly all my aunts and Uncles have died from cancer in the last 4 years, i wouldnt have even known who they were if id sat next to them on a bus the day before they died, but it was heart breaking watching my dad bury his sister. My dad to me is defines what a man is (as many fathers are to their sons...(i do understand this isnt absolute though)) To see my dad cry really had an effect on me and was deeply upsetting. Knowing that someone is empathetic to ones mounrning does very little to help the process.

Its a pity that we/i seem to dwell so much on the concept of death, as its one of the things that we/i can never understand...which is why i think we/i repetitively come back to the subject...because i never get closer to the answers...just get more questions...which i want to answer...but cant...repeat to fade!

I say its a pity because surely we should be focusing on Life and actively pursuing a better quality of it. Although i say this as what "we should be doing", i have to admit there are extremely few subjects which come close to the time ive spent pondering existence in the realms of Death and Love.

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Ikku wrote:Say someone dies in old age, after their potential is pretty much used up anyway. Once they've lived a full long life, isn't being sad a bit selfish in a way? I'm sad not because they are in pain, I am sure death is peaceful, I am sad for myself mostly because I don't get to see them anymore.
An old person dying is like a burning library. Even if they've used up most of their potential it's the knowledge that they once possessed which makes them unique and irreplaceable. As a result, if the person is close to me at least, I'm sorry that I could not have learned more from them before they passed. That's the way I look at it at least...
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:30 am

if we had more proof that when we die a physical death, our energy, and anything unique about us, or simply anything of what is US, is reabsorbed into a cycle of energy, recycled, and will emerge somewhere else, as something else...then i would be far less scared as hell by DEATH.

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:33 am

An old person dying is like a burning library.
sick line.
"In Life, everyone starts out as a pawn, Every journey begins with a single move. . It's the decisions we make along the way that shapes our endgame."

Fergus_84
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Fergus_84 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:32 pm

weedguru_animal wrote: or simply anything of what is US,.
A whole new topic my friend!

Who we "really" are behind this physical chassis! Hours/days/weeks of entertainment in that one!

"i know i was born,
an i know that i'll die,
the inbetween is mine...
....i am mine"
Pearl Jam- I am mine.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:43 am

I find the ego (which is similar surely, but also different to, character...or is it???) immensely enjoyable. Its a mark of differention, of uniqueness, that is solely ME. I have a horribly strong and self aware ego, although I play with such a problem more than show it in an ugly way...Still, at my very worst, I can be disgustingly arrogant...ALWAYS about my intellect, and show a very haughty stance to others. But more often, I show the emotional sensitivity of a fucked up 5 year old. Knowledge and awareness of Self (self meaning...to me...character, ego, heart, spirit) are things which I reckon very few in the western cultures have a desire to find, embrace, and try to understand, perhaps even make improvements, for a better life. I got as far as total self awareness many years ago, but without the encouragment of people i love and respect, to improve upon my self, i stay there...at that point of total self awareness, but the fault lines, many of which I definitely could at least show greater care and avoidance of, i simply leave as they are...which takes me back to how strong my ego is...Its actually very, very evident in my birthchart, as is most of my character, but that is a separate topic.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 am

i fear that one day I'd get stabbed and killed. The feeling of dying I cannot describe that.

helenF9867
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by helenF9867 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:33 pm

We must not bother with death since it is natural, and when it comes, we're dead. Why bother? Everything has an end, and it would be selfish to say human life is different.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:14 am

By standard, I'm better off that way.
Mortals..