DEATH...

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Purplera1n
Casual toker
Casual toker

Re: DEATH...

Post by Purplera1n » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:55 pm

weedguru_animal wrote:I am interested in how others view their own mortality. As much as I am interested in how I view mine...

I wouldn't say that I enjoy my lifestyle...which revolves around more than borderline alcholism, with sporadic breaks from the finnish firewater, which always equate to...constant stonage. Am I living for the now? Totally unaffected by the knowledge that such a long term lifestyle wioll either kill me, or cause me fiercely horrible damage once i approach my mid-life???? Is this a stance of defiance??? A stance of ignorance??? Connected to my complete animosity towards planning my Now, for a long term future????

The nearest and dearest creature to me, is Oscar...my ratdog wolverine hound. The only nightmarfes I ever have, which are irritatingly regular, involve him putting himself in jeapoardy...His mortality appears more of a concern to me than mine...so what does that suggest????

Its not just my sense of my own mortality which encourages me to live fanatically in the Now...its also ,y perception of the world. Not just where it may be headed, but where its at NOW...

Pondering Oscar's death whether in the near future or long term future, makes me cry. Its simply too much to deal with...I am well aware of several lines of existential pondering which suggest we are all part of one major, combined energy field...some of those include the individulaity of soul, and just as many suggest that all idea of spirit and soul are down to the ego.

I enjoy my character, however fucked up it is, and as anyone close to me will confirm...IT IS...in regards to the Norm. Which is a definitely negative conclusion and appraisal, as only something messy and abrasive to the Norm, which surely, seeks longevity, through the channels suggested as The Path To LOngevity, by our peers...only something fucked up, takes a different path.

DEATH of the body is a strange subject to broach and hope for debate upon. Its something not many people I know, feel anywhere near to comfortable talking about...and that includes those who simply say 'when your time comes, it comes'...You see how I write DEATH as 'DEATH OF THE BODY'...accompanied by the unwritten but obvious intimation, that other facets which make ME, ME, coild live on in some way or form???

The certainty of physical death, becomes clearer as you get older, and people close to you, connected to you in any way, begin to die...One day they are there, the next they are GONE. The effect this has on me, when such incidents happen, is to encourage me to push more of my self onto the world, to take more risks, to chase my dreams with added zest...which begs the most obvious questuion of 'why does it take someone to die, who is connected to me, to make me chase my dreams savagely and be my SELF more, to the Many?'....what the fuck is going on nornally then??? Some delapidated belief that i will live forever?

I have much much more to write on this subject, but as this rant is becoming lengthy, i will post it as it is, and hope for some replies that give me reason and eagerness to respond...

I guess, as my post is typically convoluted, I should make it country simple and ask HOW DO YOU VIEW AND FEEL DEATH? AND HOW DOES SUCH VIEWS, SUCH A STANCE, AFFECT YOU IN THE NOW?

Deeply intelligent bruh. Man your writing so reminds me of 'Huey Freeman' from the Boondocks episodes. He was intelligent and a badass.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Mate wrote:death... it will feel exactly like i was feeling before i was born.
That's hella deep.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm

andriaSRH wrote:
That's hella deep.
It doesn't take much to have you say that doesn't it. :lol:
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:01 pm

she just missed Mate
:kiss:

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:46 pm

That and he pretty much says what I think but he puts it into words alot better than I ever could.

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:53 pm

WeedGuru_Flow wrote:
andriaSRH wrote:
That's hella deep.
It doesn't take much to have you say that doesn't it. :lol:

well - there's nothing more that can be said - the sentence is self-explanatory.
"In Life, everyone starts out as a pawn, Every journey begins with a single move. . It's the decisions we make along the way that shapes our endgame."

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Yes Mate, I got that, It's just that it wasn't that 'deep' at all :p
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Sooooo I'm not entitled to my own opinion?

Mate is my Stoner Ghandi.

:flip:

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Likedy.

I think when you die you just go back into nothingness, become one with everything...Or something like that. Definetly don't think there's any kind of afterlife.
:scratchs:

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:48 pm

im pretty much there with you toonces.
nirvana or rejoining, either way the ego will dissolve into nothing

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 pm

It's quite simple, from the moment you die the electrical energy in your body simply dissipates and your cells start deteriorating, being reabsorbed into the earth's crust where it will recycle and release it's energy back into the planet providing nurture for plants and insects.

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:35 pm

:scratchs:

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:30 pm

:applause:

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:22 am

cheers purple...though until I finally push myself to dive fist first into krav maga, my 'badass' nature will have to remain in the realm of brutal self expression and honesty, and as for intelligence...my mind is shrinking, due to a lack of thinking, and daily excess of drinking. I will have a peek for the Freeman character, but not now, as I am cooking a feast, dancing with the vodka vixen, and losing myself in the aural delights of Cut Killer - Lunatic album...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Fergus_84
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Fergus_84 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:56 pm

WeedGuru_Flow wrote:It's quite simple, from the moment you die the electrical energy in your body simply dissipates and your cells start deteriorating, being reabsorbed into the earth's crust where it will recycle and release it's energy back into the planet providing nurture for plants and insects.

I always remember thinkin this when studying physics, that the energy in the universe is constant, it never ends, just changes form eg electrical-heat-kinetic-etc-etc. We are part of that energy, a product of that energy, fundamentally we are all stardust!
(sure thats a quote from something or other)

In addition to this i used to think of the energy of thoughts and always liked the notion of that thought energy taking our experiences of life, love, compassion, fear, etc with it once we die allowing the universe to mature on some spiritual level. (probably stole this idea from final fantasy 7)

All ties into hinduism and creation, death and rebirth, scientifically correct(ish to my basic understanding of the subject) with respect to the infinate expantion (from the creation of the universe) and contraction (destruction of the universe).