DEATH...

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

DEATH...

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:46 am

I am interested in how others view their own mortality. As much as I am interested in how I view mine...

I wouldn't say that I enjoy my lifestyle...which revolves around more than borderline alcholism, with sporadic breaks from the finnish firewater, which always equate to...constant stonage. Am I living for the now? Totally unaffected by the knowledge that such a long term lifestyle will either kill me, or cause me fiercely horrible damage once i approach my mid-life???? Is this a stance of defiance??? A stance of ignorance??? Connected to my complete animosity towards planning my Now, for a long term future????

The nearest and dearest creature to me, is Oscar...my ratdog wolverine hound. The only nightmares I ever have, which are irritatingly regular, involve him putting himself in jeapardy...His mortality appears more of a concern to me than mine...so what does that suggest????

Its not just my sense of my own mortality which encourages me to live fanatically in the Now...its also my perception of the world. Not just where it may be headed, but where its at NOW...

Pondering Oscar's death whether in the near future or long term future, makes me cry. Its simply too much to deal with...I am well aware of several lines of existential pondering which suggest we are all part of one major, combined energy field...some of those include the individuality of soul, and just as many suggest that all ideas of spirit and soul are down to the ego.

I enjoy my character, however fucked up it is, and as anyone close to me will confirm...IT IS fucked up...in regards to the Norm. Which is a definitely negative conclusion and appraisal, as only something messy and abrasive to the Norm, which surely, seeks longevity, through the channels suggested as The Path To LOngevity, by our peers...only something fucked up, takes a different path.

DEATH of the body is a strange subject to broach and hope for debate upon. Its something not many people I know, feel anywhere near to comfortable talking about...and that includes those who simply say 'when your time comes, it comes'...You see how I write DEATH as 'DEATH OF THE BODY'...accompanied by the unwritten but obvious intimation, that other facets which make ME, ME, could live on in some way or form???

The certainty of physical death, becomes clearer as you get older, and people close to you, connected to you in any way, begin to die...One day they are there, the next they are GONE. The effect this has on me, when such incidents happen, is to encourage me to push more of my self onto the world, to take more risks, to chase my dreams with added zest...which begs the most obvious questuion of 'why does it take someone to die, who is connected to me, to make me chase my dreams savagely and be my SELF more, to the Many?'....what the fuck is going on normally then??? Some delapidated belief that i will live forever?

I have much much more to write on this subject, but as this rant is becoming lengthy, i will post it as it is, and hope for some replies that give me reason and eagerness to respond...

I guess, as my post is typically convoluted, I should make it country simple and ask HOW DO YOU VIEW AND FEEL DEATH? AND HOW DOES SUCH VIEWS, SUCH A STANCE, AFFECT YOU IN THE NOW?
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Re: DEATH...

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:34 am

My views on death changed after I nearly got killed from eating an apple, now that I truly know how your last seconds feel I have no need to be afraid as it is a very painless and serene experience.

I do however catch myself thinking about how fleeting life is much more than I did when I was younger, I guess it's part of growing older and closer to that inevitable moment.

Which has affected my stance towards life as following : Work to live, don't live to work, try to do everything you want to do now while you are young, there is no sense in saving up all your money and living like a hermit while you are a working man, because by the time you retire you will be too old to spend your cash on what you worked for anyway.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

king
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by king » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Animal (Y) for the topic
Work to live, don't live to work, try to do everything you want to do now while you are young, there is no sense in saving up all your money and living like a hermit while you are a working man, because by the time you retire you will be too old to spend your cash on what you worked for anyway.
very well said Flow....and you basically covered some of the stuff i was gonna say.

But to add on......Enjoy the time you have and spend it with those you love. We've all heard the different sayings out there "live everyday like it's your last" etc....But we really have to take that into consideration.....we don't know when we are gonna die....it could be a second from now...and you could be the healthiest person and all of a sudden have a heart attack or some sort of thing like that for no reason.....and without getting into a religious debate...regardless of your religious views...and for those who don't believe in religion or God.....I believe what it truly comes down to is that if you've lived your life well and and not harmed anyone and overall have a "good" heart...then you've lived your life well.....just enjoy it and try to make today better than yesterday....well haha i've been ramblin about life lets switch to death....everyone has a little bit of "fear" of death...which is obviously normal....some kind of instinct i guess....but to me....the only thing i wouldn't like about dying would be not being able to physically be around my family and friends....and i guess we all have another fear of being alone but this is kind of going into religious beliefs of what happens after death...but basically....for me death is a whole other adventure waiting to happen....some sort of spiritual journey that's gonna take place....guess when it's time to go we will all find out what's really waiting.....till then... Live....Learn....Laugh.....Love 8)

"penning these lyrics from a hammock, with a ounce of kush a pack of bamboos and an ice-cream sandwich" ~Curren$y

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:11 pm

i have much to say
but i have to go to work soon.

so i will contribute at a later date

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:03 pm

I used to say work to live not live to work ALL the time on this site. I think it was my sig for awhile.

I feel ripped off, so I am not going to share my very deep and very involved ideas about mortality, death, and everything related to it.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:18 am

Mortality

There are few things we can KNOW in life, and i believe CHANGE and DEATH, are the only guaranties.

my body and relationships in life will always be evolving until they come to DEATH.
knowing this i try to live in the now, and treasure the moments when i have a healthy body and happy life.
planning for the future is very wise, but the future isnt promised. its just an idea and a hope. death can claim our mortal lives at any time.
but of course you have to plan for the future, on the chance it survives to become the NOW...... while your busy struggling/loving through the NOW, of course.

so we die and our bodies rot. but what else is there?
we, as humans, can know almost nothing about the "afterlife".
i dont think there is a heaven, i dont think there is a hell...i dont even think there is any sort of "sentience" after death at all.

but one thing i do think is that we have some form of "souls". and not just us humans, but all other living things.
my aura, my organically powered electromagnetic field. its the closest thing to a soul or spiritual world that i can ever feel.
does it fade completely out when its organic engine wears out or gives in, or do my energy patterns keep sending out into the universe.

i do not know. i can never know.
i can only theorize, i often do.
but i feel as if for the moment sharing what i do know is whats important

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:21 am

blackxs wrote:I used to say work to live not live to work ALL the time on this site. I think it was my sig for awhile.

I feel ripped off, so I am not going to share my very deep and very involved ideas about mortality, death, and everything related to it.
Yes Blacky, you are the sole human being that uses that expression. :roll:
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:45 pm

I don't think he was trying to say that flow..

anyways my thoughts on death? I believe there's nothing after our waking life, so for life to be worth it, you gotta live life the best possible way.. the way YOU want it and to NEVER let anything silly stop you from achieving anything you want. If you want to do something in your life, then it's a waste of thought and time to not actually pursue it
Peace Not Greed.

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:03 pm

Ive had a long life, drank smoked and got stoned a lot, and got in quite a few escapades, and its done me no harm i think lol.

Not scared of death, what i am shit scared of is violent or painful death,as has happened to some of my family, always thinking am i next. A mate of mine however, died watching telly and that would do me fine.

this quote sums it up for me... 'Ah, make the most of what we yet may spend, Before we too into the dust descend!'

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:43 pm

My views of death directly influence the way I live my life. As far as I know I only get one life, so I try to enjoy every minute of every hour of every day. Life is a gift.

I believe there is some kind of after life. All the energy that is "us" just has to go somewhere.

Death is something that I do not fear. My lifestyle is destructive as hell...but like I said I want to enjoy myself as much as possible.

In other words...I guess I could say I have a" life fast die young" mentality.

This topic is really bumming me out. :?

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:07 pm

flagg wrote:Ive had a long life, drank smoked and got stoned a lot, and got in quite a few escapades, and its done me no harm i think lol.

Not scared of death, what i am shit scared of is violent or painful death,as has happened to some of my family, always thinking am i next. A mate of mine however, died watching telly and that would do me fine.

this quote sums it up for me... 'Ah, make the most of what we yet may spend, Before we too into the dust descend!'

Yeah, I don't plan on watching my health, why worry about such things? Most people that grow old just lived their lives without paying too much attention to health or fitness, they smoked most of their lives and consumed alcohol and other drugs.

So I am doing fiiiine. :-)

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:43 pm

you guys dont know this..... but i struggle with being a hypochondriac.
whenever theres any little thing wrong with me, part of me jumps to the conclusion that im dying....
it takes awhile for my logical mind to over power the irrational fear

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Really? So if you have a pain in your chest then you instantly turn it into a worst case scenario?

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:19 am

indeed.
its really shitty place to be in, thank jebus i have the logical power to explain to myself that i have a mental problem and not a psychical ailment.

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:47 am

death... it will feel exactly like i was feeling before i was born.
"In Life, everyone starts out as a pawn, Every journey begins with a single move. . It's the decisions we make along the way that shapes our endgame."