Trust

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Trust

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:14 am

It sucks that the human species has evolved into a group of individuals who can't trust one another. I say this at least in the westernized individualistic societies. If you knew me in person, you'd know that I'm far from a depressed individual (well it's actually not so clear but I digress...) but today, after this joint, I sit here feeling as though there is not a single person on this planet I can truly trust. I've had good friends, great friends, and friends that would make it seem as though the word itself is an oxymoron... people who have total lack of respect when it comes to friendship etiquette. But out of all those, I can count maybe only one person who I could actually trust to the core of his being. Even then though, it may only have been a matter of time before bridges were burned should we have had a prolonged life long friendship.

Before this post starts to sound like a paranoid rant, how do you guys feel about the topic? Do you think people out there, even your friends can be fully trusted? There was no specific incident that led me to think about this but in reality we all want different things and we'll usually do whatever we can to attain those things, especially as we get older... it leads me to believe that manipulation, sneakiness, phoniness and an all around lack of trustworthiness are all negative traits which are programmed into us in order to get what we want..... But then again..... Maybe I've just been surrounded by the wrong type of people........ :wink:
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: Trust

Post by Ikku » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:18 am

I agree with the final sentiment of your post. There are good people and bad people in the world. Maybe more bad than good. If you are having these feelings, then perhaps you should branch out and try to meet people from outside of your current circles. I hate to say this, but oftentimes pot smokers and drug users are among the least trustworthy bunch. There are definitely good people among them, but people who use and abuse substances are already kind of taking a somewhat selfish attitude toward life in that they are willing to break rules or social norms in order to feel good. Myself included...gosh now that makes me feel bad.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:24 am

Personally I don't think anybody can be fully trusted, and I don't fully trust anyone in my life now. The only person I can fully trust is myself. Everybody who I've trusted in the past has betrayed my trust in one way or another. I no longer put my trust in other people.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Just chopped up, got a $100, tribute..too many people betrayed me..lonely and sick world..why?

helenF9867
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by helenF9867 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Trust is like a chocolate bar. Once it melts, it's very hard to get it back to its original state.