A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Re: Do we have soul mates? I think not

Post by andriaSRH » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:12 pm

weedguru_animal wrote:
Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:I fully agree with pkkupo. every last word he wrote, i agree with.
I dont. because anyone who uses the word 'extrapolate' on a stoners forum, seems like a goon to me
:rofl:

I'd add my two cents..but this thread is all over the place....Soulmates, Sri Lanka, gay cats, whores....0.o

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:59 pm

king wrote:
SpRi7e wrote:The one thing that I really can't fathom, is that they view when the female holds a males hand, she is a WHORE.. she is immediately viewed by everyone as a WHORE. That would mean there is a sexual connotation to holding hands, now what makes/made it different with two males?

yupp agreed....another thing that bothers me is that when a girl is seen with different guys and some automatically label her as a "slut"....but a guy seen with different girls all the time is seen as a "player"....no negative connotation attached. of course there are exceptions to this when a girl actually does go around tryin to hook up with every guy around for purposes other than actually liking the guy...and i believe same goes for guys as well
Here's a good quote for ya..
If a key opens lots of locks, it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a shitty lock.
Peace Not Greed.

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:57 pm

^Haha, best quote to describe the situation.
:scratchs:

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:47 am

wgToonces wrote:
AbbyRoad wrote:
SpRi7e wrote: Also I believe that sri lanka is a bad example too because they are/were SO heavily influenced by their culture on what is and isn't sexually allowed, that they are almost brainwashed to view things in certain ways.

Some things we do in america would seem extremely gay to other countries through SOCIAL CONDITIONING of everyone, just as we view some things as gay in other places (such as two men holding hands and waving them back and forth)
man this type of social conditioning isnt just in places like sri lanka, but it is a perfect example your example spri7e this instance.

every society brainwashes, to a certain degree, its people into forming a cohesive "culture" and when you are born into this "culture" it will be highly influential on how you re-act in any give situation for the rest of your life.
i think that our attitudes towards what is sexuallay appropriate in very highly influenced by our culture.
thats why things like male displays of affection vary so strongly from place to place.

sadly many cultures are based on outdated ideals (im talking about sexism and fear/hate of homosexuality) that do not foster human growth or evolution.

That's why it's good to "clean out" your "operating system" every now and again with a nice cleaning agent. If you catch my drift ;)
no, no i dont

and now i do :D
i heart terrence mckenna

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 am

how is homosexuality on par with human growth and evolution? it's counter evolutionary... you cannot replicate genetics with the same sex
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:29 am

Again a limited view of evolution...

Just because they aren't passing on their genes per se, the evolution of homosexuality may indeed have benefits for mankind. They will use their fashionista skills to make us all look fabulous, increasing our reproductive chances, while their recessive genes slip on by into the next generation, especially from closet homosexuals, as they are necessary for building our society as it is! Not really true, but I mean, think of humanity as a bee hive, do a couple gay bees fuck the whole hive up or do they make it tidier? ;)
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:48 am

I've read all about the evolutionary theories on homosexuality, and I disagree with that which you refer to: the passing on of genetic traits through influence in society rather than direct sexual methods. If anything, homosexuality on an individual basis is like a biological death sentence. I think the whole theory that there is a gene or a series of genes that make the carriers more attracted to men and that's why apparently sisters of homosexuals have a lot of kids is more believable. Maybe there's more to genetics than I think, but I don't believe organisms can obtain genes from external influences unless through some fucking complicated ass way environmental behaviorism crosses the threshold of the mind into complex molecular structures coded into us. Though I don't really care for much of a complicated subject, I hate evolution. Specifically its psychology, where every feminized 'scholar' adds in new theories contributing to the pussification of mankind. :violin:

but yeah, fabulous :lol:
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:05 am

i was talking to my friend mike the other day about this.
he was saying how he understands its perfectly natural for a percentage of humans to be homosexual. hell, its normal for most species to have homosexual members. mike is really into darwin and was saying how passing on your genetics through sexual reproduction was a dominant part of our evolutionary psychology.
so homosexuality appears "counter evolutionary" but its such a limited view of thinking that there had to be something more complicated going on
so we began to hypothesis why having a certain percentage of your population unable to reproduce would be beneficial to the species, and thus the percentage would stay consistent. we didnt come up with any good theories tbh. we pretty much just talked about how we wish we could understand why.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:47 am

One of the things I was taught in animal behavior was to realize that pretty much all behavior has an evolutionary advantage. Not to say that all behaviors are great adaptations, but behavior such as homosexuality which is so widespread, must have a reason for remaining in the human gene pool.

LiQuIdKnIgHt*
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by LiQuIdKnIgHt* » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:24 pm

there is an soul mate!and i think 1 out of 100 ppl wl experience it!but also that 1 out of 100 it wl be his/ her first love!its more luck than anything!it is one of those very spesial gift god gave is!well think of it this way!if the apple wasnt eaten we would all live in abundince and we would all only know love and our path that god laid for us!that is happyness true love ect.....ok with me?now god has given us choices and look at our evil world!look i can go kill someone now if i want i can kill myself its choices!we know wrong!ok my point is our destinys is fuckt and everything depends on our choices!so easy to get on the wrong road and maybe your soulmate was on the other road at that time!fuck its hard to explain this when im stoned!but like i said that one lucky one!will find his/her soul mate!and some of us vind abundince in our life!some are truely happy some would never achieve it!

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:08 am

Dude put spaces between your sentences I can't read that shit. And maybe try paragraphs?

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am

AbbyRoad wrote:i was talking to my friend mike the other day about this.
he was saying how he understands its perfectly natural for a percentage of humans to be homosexual. hell, its normal for most species to have homosexual members. mike is really into darwin and was saying how passing on your genetics through sexual reproduction was a dominant part of our evolutionary psychology.
so homosexuality appears "counter evolutionary" but its such a limited view of thinking that there had to be something more complicated going on
so we began to hypothesis why having a certain percentage of your population unable to reproduce would be beneficial to the species, and thus the percentage would stay consistent. we didnt come up with any good theories tbh. we pretty much just talked about how we wish we could understand why.
Also I'm surprised I didn't comment on this to Jokersace. This is what I mean. They are unable to reproduce but beneficial to the species and so we maintain a constant percentage of homosexuals.

Look at eusocial animals like ants, bees, wasps, termites. Most of the individuals will never reproduce, they just work to keep the hive alive and working so that the queen can keep reproducing more and more workers.

And also, as to the whole "double standard" of girls being sluts while guys are players, you have to understand sexual selection and that it has evolved as male competition over female choice. If a female isn't choosy about her partners, she is actually worsening her chances of passing off her offspring because she will give birth to someone with inferior genes. A male is supposed to just spread his seed as much as possible. I'm not saying this is right or moral, just that it is biological.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Very well said sir.

Took me a couple of goes at figuring out the whole worker bee analogy, but i got it in the end.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:20 pm

i think your analogy is pretty darn apt.

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:41 pm

JokersAce wrote:I've read all about the evolutionary theories on homosexuality, and I disagree with that which you refer to: the passing on of genetic traits through influence in society rather than direct sexual methods. If anything, homosexuality on an individual basis is like a biological death sentence. I think the whole theory that there is a gene or a series of genes that make the carriers more attracted to men and that's why apparently sisters of homosexuals have a lot of kids is more believable. Maybe there's more to genetics than I think, but I don't believe organisms can obtain genes from external influences unless through some fucking complicated ass way environmental behaviorism crosses the threshold of the mind into complex molecular structures coded into us. Though I don't really care for much of a complicated subject, I hate evolution. Specifically its psychology, where every feminized 'scholar' adds in new theories contributing to the pussification of mankind. :violin: