Do we have soul mates? I think not

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Do we have soul mates? I think not

Post by AbbyRoad » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:39 am

so i was thinking about "soul mates" the other day. and i dont believe in them. the odds are just against us. with so many people in the world your likely to have a soul mate in either india or china. not in your own country.

but that got me thinking about some other interesting shite.
we use the term soul mates for the deep connection we feel with one another. this connection is undeniable. but still the odds make me not believe in soul mates.
so.. i started developing a new theory for myself.

i call these Soul Matches. there could be hundreds upon thousands of these people, all around the world.any of these people could make your heart sing. they have inside them the things you seek. intellectually emotionally sexually. basically your personality jives with them wonderfully, either with opposites or similarities.
then i started thinking. that these Soul Matches should not just be limited to Lovers. your friends could be Soul Matches, especially if they are the same gender as you, and your straight. i have a female friend named Raisa, and i feel like we are inseparable even though there is a great distance between us geographically. or animals could be soul matches. the bond between humans and other animals can be incredibly strong, and if you develop a strong bond like that with an animal its obviously a soul match.

but ya thats all ive got for now. i could type more and add to my thoughts.
but right now....
i wanna know what you guys think.

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Re: Do we have soul mates? I think not

Post by Gorecore » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:15 am

You want to know what I think?

Did you ever have sexual thoughts about your friend Raisa and did you ever act out on these thoughts and burning desires?

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:27 am

i dont love her that way, silly

but for the sake of the truth. there was a kiss once, it happened in our teens.
these gangster guys were following us around downtown cambridge. begging for my number. and they would not fuck off. no matter what we said. and we just wanted to sneak under the bridge and get stoned in peace. so finally raisa went up to the gangsters and told em i was a lesbian and they should fuck off. but they would not leave. so she grabbed me and gave me a kiss, i was not expecting this at all and it was kinda passionate.
than we told the guys to fuck off cause they were never gettin any from either of us. and they did leave.

so ya, that the tale of my kiss with my best friend.
kissing a woman is almost exactly like kissing a man. (ive kissed a few of both :lol: ) we are all human, its basically the same. we are all attractive in our own ways.
my bi-curious moments have confirmed this.
and NO ive never sexed with a woman. im not sexually attracted to vaginas.

but i think we can all agree boobs are awesome

king
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by king » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 am

:shock: ...............i love girls like you haha appreciate the same things i do... :lol: i actually think that we all do have that special someone out there.....why? no clue...i just think....cause some of us are just crazy...annoying....stubborn......so there's gotta be someone out there that is willing to deal with your annoyingness but know that it's worth it because of all your good qualities

"penning these lyrics from a hammock, with a ounce of kush a pack of bamboos and an ice-cream sandwich" ~Curren$y

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:33 am

I am assuming that you are taking the idea of soul mates, as to mean, people with whom you share a connection on a soul-ar level, which once uncovered, from the earth and forests of souls, becomes, very quickly, something akin to a feeling of mutual belonging and togetherness, Abby.

I tend to use the term more broadly. ALWAYS to include platonic loved ones as well as romantically loved ones.

Now...yes, i do believe that with some people, the souls connect effortlessly, as if they have known each other for aeons. I also believe that soul mates can be created, rather than just uncovered from the topsoil of the soul dirt. If two creatures, who are open, honest, loving towards each other, spend enough time together, then the souls can intertwine, to varying degrees. And yes, I do extend this to include non humans.

If I do allow myself to suggest that there is some benign force at work, then it makes some sense to me, that sometimes, people find such instantly strong and consuming connections with others...and the point is, they are connected to allow the souls the chance to learn something, to improve themselves, to work out issues. Sometimes this works out, sometimes it doesnt. Depends on the connected facets, like ego, heart, mind, spirit, and also, on circumstances.

Now as for what it means, when two souls are intertwined...I believe they are constantly aware of each other, whether subconsciously or sporadically consciously. Also, they are most aware of each other, most playful with each other, NOT when the two creatures are physically in the same place at the same time, but when the two creatures are dreaming, at the same time, as this is, im so close to sure, when the soul spreads its wings, loses its shackles of ego and emotions, and flies naked, wild and free in a soul-ar realm of infinite possibilities. And this dream realm connection can include other connected souls to these creatures, stepping in to the scene...for example:

I remember when i first got together with my last proper girlfriend. A man who she was seeing before, who was still chasing her, rang her one morning, crazy with unease, due to nightmares he had experienced. He had been dreaming of my then girlfriend, walking along a seafront, the two of them together, when they were suddenly surrounded by a small army of little men, all wearing motorcycle helments, carrying knives...he tried to protect her, but realized, that they were not after her, but him. He saw this as a warning of sorts...apparently. Now he knew nothing of me, other than 'she is with a man now, from down south'. He didnt live anywhere near a seafront, and did not know that I did. He also had zero knowledge of the fact that i was a motorcyclist. That same night in question, i had dreams of a John the baptist, a very spiritual, star gazing poet, who i was exceptionally close to at the time...my dreams were not horrible, or amazingly joyful, i just woke remembering speaking with John. When the girl told me her story, i laughed...and immediately thought of John's soul, connecting with mine in the dream realm, sensing that another soul was connecting with the girl i was starting to love and intertwine souls with, and projected himself, in the only dream language the girls soul could use to explain my presence in her dream...a little man, many little men in fact, wearing bike helmets, on a seafront, attacking this lad. I told him about this, and he didn't agree or contest it...'Maybe...why not eh?'...

the last thing I wanted to mention on this matter was this...I do not think that many people know their souls. The majority know only enough to get by, and to seek the goals and character they feel most comfortable with. They have a complete mist between their conscious and subconscious. Whilst this lack of knowledge of self, of connection and awareness of self, certainly affects the potential conscious appreciation of soul mates, or soul matches, it doesnt change the actual connection.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:41 pm

yeah abby, i do agree with what you say, but it's the way i have always judged it anyway. i've never viewed a soul-mate as somebody of the opposite sex whom you fall in love with (or whatever). To me, your "soul matches" are soul-mates regardless of sex or other physical means.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Post by Gorecore » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:55 pm

That was a good story, Stabbo! Thank ya for sharing.

I don't think there is a perfect match for everyone out there. Some people just can't be loved.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:25 pm

I like the idea of soul matches ..alot..but also I believe in fate. Yea, one of our many matches could live in China or France, but there also has to be a reason why we are born where are are and why we fell in love for the people we have come to be with.

All this talk about souls has got me thinking about this anime I just started watching called Soul Eater. In order for a weapon and a mister to be compatiable their souls have to interwine. If a mister is wild and spazzy a good weapon for them would be calm and understanding. I believe people are like this too.

Lol..look at me..such a nerd..using animes as a reference. Anyways I'll write more. I lost my train of thought lol.

AbbyRoad wrote:ikissing a woman is almost exactly like kissing a man. (ive kissed a few of both :lol: ) we are all human, its basically the same. we are all attractive in our own ways.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Girls lips are alot softer and they tend to not be so agressive. I'd rather make out with a dude anyday, don't get me wrong.
AbbyRoad wrote:but i think we can all agree boobs are awesome
(Y)

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:07 am

andriaSRH wrote:
AbbyRoad wrote:ikissing a woman is almost exactly like kissing a man. (ive kissed a few of both :lol: ) we are all human, its basically the same. we are all attractive in our own ways.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Girls lips are alot softer and they tend to not be so agressive. I'd rather make out with a dude anyday, don't get me wrong.
AbbyRoad wrote:but i think we can all agree boobs are awesome
(Y)
man! i totally agree girl lips are hella softer.
but all the girls that have ever kissed me were way more aggressive than the boys i usually kiss!
i guess thats because i only associate myself with strong women- hence i have few female friends

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:21 am

Alright, lesbianism ;-)

I believe people can share deep connections and have strong mutual thoughts about ideals, that can make them closer than normal friends.But a soulmate like AFI says doesn't have to be someone of the opposing gender, if your way of thinking and your views on life are the same then you can be 'soulmates'.

And as Animal says, it's a very broad term that doesn't define a particular relation between two beings.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:26 am

i think when most people hear the term "soulmate" they give it the connotation that there is ONE person out there.
basically this thread was started by me wanting to reject that belief and create a new term that doesnt have that ONE connotation connected to it.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:31 am

Yeah, and in movies soulmates usually are people of the opposite gender that in the end fall in love with each other because they have so much in common. I agree on soulmates not being a 'couple' of the opposite gender, but I do believe that when humans share strong connections on enough levels they can be deemed soulmates.

I know there's a term that describes what we are talking about here but i'm stoned and it totally slipped my mind. Once it pops in i'll update :p
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:36 am

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:43 am

I agree on some points, but the holding hands and cuddling is weird, for guys + guys at least ;)

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:09 am

i could say thats is because how we raise our male children. and not a natural state