red dead redemption

Which do you play - on which platforms?

Moderator: Moderators

swanee89
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

red dead redemption

Post by swanee89 »

rockstar is at it again with its new open ended sandbox western. this game looks absolutely amazing, the attention to detail they put into animating the horses is insane. the thing im most excited about though is the free roam multiplayer. instead of waiting in a lobby for a game, the entire map is yours to cruise around in and do anything you can think of. from going on hunting trips, fighting off rebels, finding bandit camps, discovering treasure, taming wild horses, or getting into a bar fight. in short, this game looks epic and i cant wait

heres a pretty damn good fact sheet http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/907/rdrinfo.jpg

and heres one of many videos from youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMxSUGZ6TU

[img]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x106/swanee89/rs_sig2.jpg[/img]
"Bob Dylan impresses me about as much as... well, I was gonna say a slug but I like slugs."
-Captain Beefheart

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Re: red dead redemption

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Jup, pre-ordered this one a long,long time ago :)

We'll have to play it online sometime Erik, I'll be Native :p
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Post by Gorecore »

I, too will be buying this game when it comes out! I wanna be Dirty Harry!

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles »

holy shit, i cant believe i never realized i have money for xbox live/ games.

im totally buying this when it comes out and i might buy a year of xbox time tomorrow and then i can get to shit stomping people on CoD: WaW

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles »

flyinhigh wrote:holy shit, i cant believe i never realized i have money for xbox live/ games.

im totally buying this when it comes out and i might buy a year of xbox time tomorrow and then i can get to shit stomping people on CoD: WaW
brb walking to walmart.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Damn you :)

It should arrive here tomorrow or the day after that, I'll hit you guys up on live so we can roam the prairies together :)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles »

WeedGuru_Flow wrote:Damn you :)

It should arrive here tomorrow or the day after that, I'll hit you guys up on live so we can roam the prairies together :)
oh man its so fun, i totally grabbed a real fancy stage coach from some bitch and started running people over, but eventually them feds track you down when youre gone to get food and you lost your save :(

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

^lol :)

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Post by Gorecore »

WOOO-EEEE! I ordered my copy online on May 30th and it arrived in the mail today!!

I'm not going to play it until tomorrow morning because I have to wake up to go to work in about 7 hours. I know if I crack into it, I'll be gaming way too long! I'm gonna need a few days of good playing before I do any multiplayer. Not much fun playing with people when you have no idea what you're doing.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Keith, tell me when your old ass is online, I want to shoot you!

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce »

After watching Once Upon a Time in The West and staring at my GTA: SA poster, I want to play this shit so fucking bad. It has good reviews but I don't trust reviews much anymore.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles »

just beat this game earlier and holy fuck. if they made this into a movie adaptation it would bring the western genre back.

the story was gripping the entire time, it was REALLY fun in Mexico, and killing Edgar Ross was also pretty awesome to get the bonus ending.

OnEsTuPiDpOtHeAd
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by OnEsTuPiDpOtHeAd »

Amazing game tbqh. Add me if you want- Tehsam016. Haven't posted in a while, but felt inclined to do so since I don't know many people who play this.
Xb Live GT - TehSam016

aloysiuscarl
Why Hello There !

Post by aloysiuscarl »

I am sick of the amount of profanity in games these days. I couldn't enjoy RDR because of that. Alan Wake had quite a bit. Is it impossible to tell any story without profanity constantly being screamed..A lot of people are probably wondering whether Red Dead Redemption is simply GTA IV with horses and funny hats. There's some truth to this idea: for all the improvements to the engine and game design – and there are many – the basic framework is very familiar.

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Post by Gorecore »

^^ Is this a smart bot?

I apologize if it's a real person. Sure talks like a bot, especially when you look at the other posts aloysiuscarl has made.