DIY super poofy tutu (pics)

Have you seen something beautiful which you would care to share?

Moderator: Moderators

Viewer_Discretion
Loli Genocides

DIY super poofy tutu (pics)

Post by Viewer_Discretion » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:49 pm

So I decided i wanted to make a tutu for something to do around the house when I'm bored.
Originally I was going to sew it but I found out that you can loop the tulle and do it no sew style.

This is a great idea for gifts for any little girls in your life. daughter, little sister, maybe a funky friend you have.

I used 6 yards of tulle for my tutu to get that extream poof look. Something to cut with. and some elastic (ribbon works well too)
Any elastic over 1/2 an inch will totally roll on you making your waist band so not fun or comfy.

I folded the tulle in half and rolled it up making sure to cut strips down so in the end i ended up with a long strip. (It's gonna be dubbled over) The most annoying part is cutting. Ask me if you confused or look it up I'm sure there are videos on no sew tutus.

I used a loop tie like this

After mesuring the elastic comfortably around my waist i tied knots on the sides where the tutu would come together. So just enough to get all the way around me. That left me with some space for where i will tie the elastic to wear.

I used 2 colors using 5 pieces per color. I continued all the way around until i was done.

So here is the tutu not trimmed but pretty much finished

close up

My elastic still has not been cut but here is the length before i cut my tutu down a bit. (It's soo long the poof kind of just drapes)

Final product My super poofy Electric lime green and fuchsia tutu, Barbie approves
Poor is the man Whose Pleasures depend on the permission of another
Screw falling into a group.
I won't conform to your non conformation...

weedguru_waffles

Re: DIY super poofy tutu (pics)

Post by weedguru_waffles » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:58 pm

lol cute. I like the tutu. I have quiet a few as well... used to wear them in my ravey days. Not so much anymore though.

Viewer_Discretion
Loli Genocides

Post by Viewer_Discretion » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:50 pm

weedguru_waffles wrote:I have quiet a few as well... used to wear them in my ravey days. Not so much anymore though.
LOL ravey days, Well there are no raves or anything interesting like that here. It's a small place. It was however kind of relaxing to just sit down and make the tutu. I think so far that's been my favorite part. I haven't worn it outside but its winter and cold so I don't think I will be out in it anytime soon. I also have no idea what I'd wear with it.

It's totally something I will do for my friends little girls it looks like a cute idea for toddlers or even 5 year olds.
Poor is the man Whose Pleasures depend on the permission of another
Screw falling into a group.
I won't conform to your non conformation...

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:09 am

haha you should make them and sell them on etsy or ebay! :)

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:51 am

Nice... DIY is always a good thing...
nice work... props to you viewer
woah

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin