Bronson

Got an opinion on a movie? Stick it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Bronson

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:14 am

Recommended by a couple of boys I know who are both more appreciative of braun over brain and character, I gave Bronson a chance, even after it sent my Queen to sleep after 15 minutes. I was left, when the final credits appeared much to my delight, feeling like I had watched the story of a pointless thug, a man who never set out to understand anything of the world around him, or himself.

Wicked cinematography, and a solid soundscape, but...for all the audiovisual engagement, the main character simply fails...fails to register anything of value. Its not that I am against Violence, for several of my idols from the annals of History were savages to many...Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Attila the Hun...I would greatly enjoy a biography of any of those chaps, but the difference between them and Bronson, is akin to the difference between Dr Dre and Vanilla Ice.

What Bronson lacks is a Cause...brute strength and a steady need/desire to punch people is not a story which requires more than a handful of minutes to explain, and even then, its hardly interesting, for such people are 10 to the penny, a thousand to the pound.

Essentially, I find no glory, no reverence, in men who simply adore hitting other men, for the sheer sake of it, with nothing else to add weight to their pugilistic zeal.

Animal Rating 3/10
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: Bronson

Post by omnific.dc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:15 pm

Epic movie.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 pm

First time I watched this masterpiece I was dumbfounded by it's style and how well Tom Hardy performed his role.

I have since watched it at least a dozen times.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:46 am

Getting mixed messages here. The trailer looks possibly alright, but with Animal's review it sounds like I should give it a miss. Then we've got two positive replies. Might have to check it out.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:35 am

It's based on the life of a British criminal, there's a bit more to it than a guy simply bashing on others and I won't say it's an 8/10 but 3/10 is in my opinion a bit too severe a rating.

I like the movie because of the atmosphere they managed to create, it starts off as mildly amusing but gets more deranged and serious as the movie progresses, the fact that these events are based on an existing person just adds to the whole in my opinion.

And there's the use of music and certain angles in some scenes that give it all a semi-Clockwork Orange aspect, some good ol' ultra violence never hurts.

It's a love it or hate it kinda movie, watch it and judge it for yourself is my advice.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:29 am

But don't be fooled, he's not Charles Bronson.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:15 am

Watched it with a friend. We both had mixed feelings from the get go. There were some parts that were extremely interesting and well done or just humorous. Then there were some parts that were just too over the top. I'm kind of 50/50 on this movie. I doubt I would recommend it strongly to anyone, though I'm glad I watched it.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.