glass in lungs bad?

Bongs, pipes, fuckbukets, lungs, vaporizers, grinders etc....

Moderator: Moderators

tim
Casual toker
Casual toker

glass in lungs bad?

Post by tim » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:31 am

i just recieved a glass bong in the mail, and it was broken. however before i realised it was broken i breathed air through it. and i think i breathed in some glass dust and maybe little bits or splinters of glass. is this bad? what should i do?
im pretty i can feel it but i think i might be imagineing it.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Re: glass in lungs bad?

Post by cutthecashflow » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:16 am

It wont hurt you. Just make sure to clean the bong thorougly or buy a new stem if thats the part that is broken. You should have sent it back and asked for a refund but its too late now that its smoked out of.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: glass in lungs bad?

Post by blackxs » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Doesnt sound like he smoked out of it, sounds like he "dry hitted it" to get a feeling for the bong... though how you could do that without noticing it was broken first is a little beyond me...

Any foreign bodies that enter your lungs, particularly non-organic like glass, will be covered in the mucus lining in your lungs, then coughed up at some point or absorbed and disposed of by your body.

Glass particles, even finely powdered, are pretty heavy - it is unlikely that a normal "bong hit" strength inhale would actually draw any glass into your lungs. Its a bit differnet when the glass is sprinkled on your weed (this happens in the UK unfortunately) because the glass will adhere to the resin, and the pressures and thus draw strength of the inhale are vastly different with backpressure from a packed bowl versus just dry hitting a bong.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma