Hookah question

Bongs, pipes, fuckbukets, lungs, vaporizers, grinders etc....

Moderator: Moderators

Cheesegrater
Bonghead
Bonghead

Hookah question

Post by Cheesegrater » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:32 pm

I've been thinking about this for a while now, is it really recommendable to smoke out of a hookah?

One of the arguments in the "regular hookah smoking vs cigarettes"-debate is that when you smoke a hookah, is that a hookah operates on a much lower temperature, only heating the tobacco, therefore less harmful chemicals are released.

Now, i'm not sure if that is completely accurate, but if it is wouldn't that apply for the weed too? Wouldn't that be quite a waste?

Granted, i've never smoked green from a hookah, but still, am i crazy here?
Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: Hookah question

Post by Ikku » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:29 pm

Hmm, let me start by throwing in my .02 on the "cigarettes vs. hookah" debate. I am fairly certain (but not 100% positive) that smoking hookah is much much worse for you than smoking cigarettes. Whether or not less chemicals are released, I don't know, but with hookah you are taking in a much larger volume of smoke over a long period of time. You don't typically "go out for a hookah break" and come back 10 minutes later, if you're going to bother setting up a hookah and getting it going, you'll probably smoke for at least 30min to an hour, taking massive hookah rips.

I've smoked green out of a hookah a couple times before, but I'm not a big fan. The shisha completely fucks up the taste of the weed and the weed fucks up the taste of the shisha, they both taste better on their own. Also, with the massive rips the hookah can take (even the biggest bongs I've smoked out of don't produce hits like a hookah) it seems it goes through the weed pretty fast.

So personally I don't like weed through a hookah. I do have to mention though, based just on the logic in your post, it's no big deal that the temperature is lower and releasing less chemicals, that's basically the same idea as a vaporizer.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Cheesegrater
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Cheesegrater » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:27 pm

I agree with you on hookahs, they are probably more dangerous.

Thanks for clearing this up for me!
Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:52 pm

it is illegal to sell tobacco shisha in canada. the law went into effect almost a year ago.
the only shisha you can buy is the "herbal smoke". the box doesnt give a clear idea of what these herbs are. so my friends and i did a lil research, turns out the plant matter you are smoking is made from sugar cane.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:54 pm

I don't mind hookah sessions. In fact, i rather enjoy them....

Why is the Shisha tobacco illegal in Canada Abby?
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Probably the same reason flavored cigarettes are illegal in the states, it seems like it's marketing tobacco to young'ns, which it pretty much is. Although there are loopholes around it, for instance Djarum Black Clove Cigarettes are illegal in the states now, but Djarum Black Clove Cigarillos are not. That's cause flavored cigarettes are illegal and flavored cigarillos are not, so all they had to do was change the name from cigarettes to cigarillos.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Ikku is right.
flavored cigarettes are also illegal in Canada, but there are ways to get around it.
you also cant buy single flavored blunts wraps anymore from alot of stores. but you are able to buy in bulk

hookahnection
Why Hello There !

Post by hookahnection » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:58 am

Smoking hookah shisha at "http://www.hookahnection.com" has its own zest and flavor, which are hard to find over the other options. The moment you start smoking it, your nose simply fills up with senses of different fruits like apple, cinnamon and pineapples, which is far better than the traditional cigarettes.
shisha reviews | herbal blends