Grinders, scales, and other necessary products

Bongs, pipes, fuckbukets, lungs, vaporizers, grinders etc....

Moderator: Moderators

NotVeryCool
Casual toker
Casual toker

Grinders, scales, and other necessary products

Post by NotVeryCool » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:46 am

I'm not very experienced with everything weed, so I had some questions or inquiries about products that would make my smoking life more enjoyable.

First off, I was wondering what kind of scale works best. I have this in mind (not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but I haven't seen anything noting otherwise)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001N0 ... GE1MLU3I6K
It's a kitchen scale but it goes as low as grams and as high as 11 pounds. It's not the typical scale, but then again, those pocket scales aren't really necessary for me. I don't plan on weighing it as I purchase since I only purchase from people I know (not saying they're completely trustworthy, but if there's a difference in weight, I either won't go back or I'll let them know I'm not an idiot). I was wondering if there were scales better off for weed.

The other product would be a grinder:
http://www.mendomulchers.com/2_25inchscreen.html
It has a screen for kief and it seems to be quite popular with great reviews. I don't need a grinder for a of weed at once, I just want one that can collect kief and has a magnetic top, along with reputable material.

If anyone has any suggestions, do let me know. I'm not affiliated with any of the companies above, I just happen to be someone to researches far too thoroughly and I'd like to spend money once rather than buying cheap things and buying replacements every few months.

Thank you

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: Grinders, scales, and other necessary products

Post by blackxs » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Dude thats a LOT of money

For one why do you need a scale? You said yourself you dont plan on weighing the weed out... but at any rate thats the WRONG scale. Pocket scales ARE what you need - you dont need 11 pounds or down to grams. You need grams down to .01 or .001 grams. A kitchen scale like that is not right, it will only weigh out to 1 gram, not 1.5 or whatever, what you need for that purpose is called a POSTAGE scale

That grinder looks nice but at $70 I gotta question why? Especially this being your first, get something cheap that you can drop, break, or lose without worrying too much about it. All my first grinders were like $20 and did me FINE. I would STILL be using that grinder if I didnt get arrested and they got seized. Start cheap. A lot of people dont even like the keif screen, maybe start with a $5 1 stage grinder, they come in clear colored plastics and its just the "top" part of the grinder, the grinding bits, and learn how and see if you even like grinders at all (many people I know dont). If you like it then you can spend a little more money on a 2 or 3-stage grinder.

I would not pay more than $50 total between a scale AND 3-stage grinder from a local smokeshop. I also wouldnt buy this stuff online... not that its risky, just, why? Find a local smokeshop, they exist.
Personally in your shoes I wouldnt buy a scale now, most people dont need them, but rather I would just buy a cheap grinder to get started.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:16 am

NotVeryCool wrote:I don't plan on weighing it as I purchase since I only purchase from people I know (not saying they're completely trustworthy, but if there's a difference in weight, I either won't go back or I'll let them know I'm not an idiot).
Then why do you want to buy a scale?

:scratchs:

NotVeryCool
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by NotVeryCool » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:15 am

Weedguru Higher wrote:
NotVeryCool wrote:I don't plan on weighing it as I purchase since I only purchase from people I know (not saying they're completely trustworthy, but if there's a difference in weight, I either won't go back or I'll let them know I'm not an idiot).
Then why do you want to buy a scale?

:scratchs:
That's my bad, I meant I'm not going to weigh it as I purchase, I'm going to weigh it once I get back home. But yeah, I found a better scale.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:02 pm

yeah I paid $15 for my scale 3 or 4 years ago and it still weighs everything on the dot. No need to go for pure quality while getting a pocket scale.. I even bought one last year for like $10 on amazon that weighed accurately up to .01 grams every time, but sold it to someone who wanted it
Peace Not Greed.