- Weedguru Higher
- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
Packing a bowl is fundamental in smoking marijuana.
Knowing how to pack a bowl does not require much marijuana knowledge. Packing a bowl is easy, and is the most basic skill in knowing how to smoke weed. Once you have learned how to pack a bowl it is very likely that you will soon be feeling the marijuana effect.
You can pack a bowl in a number of different smoking devices. To name a few; glass pipes, bongs, glass water pipes, chillums, and more...But the basic bowl packing concept is fairly the same for all pieces.
The key to packing a bowl is to maximize the airflow going through the pipe while taking a hit, and to remove all the seeds and stems. The last thing that you want is a clogged pipe at the start of your session, or some harsh smoke. The better the airflow, with the least amount of stems = good smoke = GREAT HIGH!
How To Pack a Bowl in a Pipe
1. Grab your pipe and check to see if it is clogged. - Do this by blowing into the pipe from the mouth piece while plugging the carb (hole on side) with your thumb.
2. If airflow is good see next step, if not you must clean it first.
3. An average sized bowl is about 0.2 - 0.3 grams.
Take your weed and break off two pieces just slightly larger than the hole in the bowl. REMOVE STEMS/SEEDS and place the two nugletts side by side in the bowl covering the hole.
- Remember you want good airflow so don't let either of the nugglets plug the hole.
NOTE: We wouldn't recommend using a grinder when learning how to pack a bowl. If the weed is grinded too fine it will be un-delightfully sucked into your mouth either in the form of hot ash, or bittersweet weed flakes. It is a shortcut that no one should take!
4. Break your remaining nug into more smaller pieces about the same size. Remove stems/seeds then place them into the bowl one by one filling in the open gaps in the bowl.
5. Press down on the bowl slightly with your thumb. This gives firmness and it evens out the airflow into the pipe.
6. Your done! You should now know how to pack a pipe bowl. Smoke, enjoy, and feel the marijuana effect.
How To Pack a Bowl in a Bong
Packing a bowl in a bong is slightly different than a pipe for two main reasons. (1) A bong uses a bowl with a down stem. The down stem goes to the bongs water chamber for smoke filtration. (2) Bongs have much more airflow than pipes because they are much larger with lengthy necks which = more suction and more air to clear in the chamber.
1. Remove your bowl piece from the bong so that when packing your bowl you don't accidentally knock the bong over.
Be extra careful with your bowl piece because this may be one of the most fragile pieces of the bong. If dropped it is almost guaranteed to break.
2. Since bongs have more suction than pipes do it is more likely for you to suck your weed through into the water chamber. (This action is sometimes referred to as "snapping the bowl.")
NOTE: To avoid sucking unburnt weed through, simply break off two nugs decently larger than the hole and place them next to each other covering the bowl's hole after removing the possible seeds/stems.
It is the same concept as loading a pipe just with slightly larger nugs at the bottom. Your average size bowl for a bong is 0.2g - 0.5g
3. Break off some more nugs smaller than the ones lining the bottom, remove stems and place them strategically filling the gaps of the bowl. If your fairly new to the marijuana effect on you start smaller amounts.
4. Press on nugs gently with your thumb making it firmbut with good airflow. Now you are ready.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users