- Weedguru Higher
- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
If you don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on a hookah , then keep on reading through and I'll show you how to make an extremely effective and cheap homemade hookah out of some things probably lying around your place.
Things You'll Need:
* 1 large bottle(I used a 2 liter gatorade bottle found at any store.)
* 1 soda can
* at least 4 feet of fish tank hoses(might want to clean them first if used)
* 1 rubber seal or rubber stopper to make things air tight.(You can find one at home depot for around 2 dollars.)
* 1 pvc pipe at least half an inch diameter and enough height to clear the top of the bottle.(Once again I found this at home depot for a little more than a dollar. )
* 1 pencil or chopstick, anything that will plug the carb.
* a sharp cutting tool
* foil, coals and of course shisha!
1. First, cut two small holes in the bottle for your hoses. I cut two holes because with just one it feels like breathing through a coffee straw. The best way to make the holes would be to get it started with a knife and use a pencil or pen to force through and shape the rest of it for a smooth well rounded hole. The hoses should fit nice and snug.
2. Make another hole the same way on the other side. This is going to be your carb. Make sure its big enough to fit whatever your using as the plug.
3. Next, take a soda can and flip it upside down. You want to punch plenty of holes so the shisha smoke can be pulled through. Make them just big enough so the shisha doesn't fall down in the can.
4. This is the pipe I use to put inside the bottle. The bottle is about 10 1/2 " in height and the pipe is 11 inches long with a 1 inch diameter. I found it at Home Depot for a little over a dollar. Your pipe doesn't have to be curved I just like the way it looked
5. Now take that same soda can you put the holes in and flip it right side up. You want to punch a hole just big enough to fit that pipe on it snugly.
6. Take your rubber stopper or cap( mine is a 1 1/2 inch quik cap rubber seal. I found it at Home Depot as well for around 2 dollars right near the pvc pipes.) and cut a hole on the top so the pipe fits airtight or pretty close to it.
7. OK now you have to put the pipe in the bottle. Mine was a little tricky because of the shape, so if you have the same pipe just use a little more muscle and get it in there. IT WILL FIT! Once your pipe is in the bottle make sure that the bottom of your pipe isn't flush with the bottom of the bottle, you need air flow.
8. Go ahead and fill up your bottle with about 2 inches of water. Then take your rubber cap and put it on top of the pipe. Press down on the cap until it touches the bottle for a tight seal.
9. Now you take the hoses and insert them into the two holes you cut out earlier. Each hose line is 3 feet. I bought some fish tank hoses at Walmart for a couple dollars like everything else. If you have something better than that, by all means use it.
10. I use a rubber band to keep the hoses together near the mouthpiece.
11. Next, take your soda can and place it on the pipe. Make sure it's on there tight.
12. Take a little bit of shisha and put it in the bowl. You want just enough in there so it doesn't stick to the foil or else you will clog the holes and block the coals heat.
13. Now take a piece of foil( I like to fold mine twice for the support of the coal)and place it over the can. While holding the foil tight against the can,(Not too tight or else you will crush the can)poke even hole on the surface where the coal is going to be.
14. OK! You're all set. Plug the carb with a pen or pencil,(I use a chopstick)light the coal and place on the foil. Enjoy the smoke!
Tips & Warnings
The most important things is SNUG! Everything needs to be as close to air tight as possible for an easy smoke. If you are having trouble getting the smoke. 1.) Check the foil for clogged holes. 2.) Make sure the rubber seal is tight. 3.)See if the soda can is tight. 4.) Also see if the carb is missing the plug. If those are all working but still nothing. See if you are getting bubbles when you breath in. If you don't, take it apart and make sure the pipe has an air flow in the water.
Careful when making the holes especially on the bottom of the soda can. The aluminum is much thicker. If you are a little weary on the coal being there with no ash collector you can take the tray from one of your stove tops and just place it right on top for more proctection. I use the stove top tray personally because I have had coals land on the carpet and leave nasty holes.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users