Post Piece Pics HERE

Bongs, pipes, fuckbukets, lungs, vaporizers, grinders etc....

Moderator: Moderators

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: Post Piece Pics HERE

Post by Ikku » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Man I've been trying to figure out how to get images to work for a while, damn my slow internet. Anyway, behold!

Here's what my piece looked like when I first got it. Shitty quality pic I know, I think it was a phone pic. It's a sweet bong, notice how it looks pretty purple in the pic? When you look at it in direct light with nothing for contrast, it looks 100% perfectly clear (you can kind of tell a few pics down). It only has that purple color when you have just the right light hitting at just the right angle. Very cool.

Anyway, my piece broke right around the joint where the downstem goes in. Took about 3 weeks but I got it back from the glassblower and here it is now, plus a closeup of where the damage was (this time using a proper camera).

You can see the new imperfections where they remolded the glass. It hits good as new pretty much. There were a few things that really suck though. For one, the new joint sticks out way far from the bong and they don't make downstems the right size for it (unless I got a custom made one I guess). So I had to get a new downstem (the old one has glass stuck in it and is probably the same length anyway) and it sits up pretty high in the chamber so I have to fill it up with more water than I would like. Also I got a new ashcatcher bowl, if you look closely you can see the bowls are different before/after. The new one doesn't have the cool purple glass and also just doesn't sit as well as I want.

Also, the bong cost 200 originally, with the diffused downstem and ashcatcher bowl. It was 100 bucks for the repair, which I thought was expensive but it's better than dropping 200 on a new piece. Then the new ashcatcher/bowl was 45 and the new downstem was like 45, so all in all it ended up costing almost 200 dollars and taking 3 weeks to get it back. I could have just paid 200 dollars when I broke it and immediately got a new bong. I should have done that actually, cause i bought a little temporary piece for those 3 weeks and now I don't use it anymore, so the repair overall cost more than a replacement. Dammit.

Oh well, stuck with these decisions now. And when people ask I will just say its a top dollar 400 dollar local handblown glass or something, since that's what I ended up paying for it in total. :bonghit:
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:02 pm

she looks like a beauty.
and i would like to say your the first person i know of that had a bong professionally fixed.
the people i know usually either scarp the entire bong once it breaks, or they use aquarium grade silicon to but it back together.

giraffes
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by giraffes » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:25 pm

andriaSRH wrote:^ Haha love your sig man.
:bonghit: thanks!!!! i always laugh when read it XD :bonghit:
Make tacos, Not war[/b]

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Tue May 10, 2011 7:35 am

yeah thats a bit of a beast :)
woah

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed May 11, 2011 5:20 am

I took it to a local headshop where my friends had gotten their pieces fixed previously. At the time my friends got their stuff fixed, it was relatively cheap since the headshop owner was also a glassblower and would fix the pieces himself. The headshop has since changed owners and is still the only one in town that fixes pieces as far as I know, I went to several other shops and they all pointed me to the same one, but the prices were way jacked up since they outsourced the repairs to a separate glassblower.

Your best bet is to just find professional glassblowers (preferably someone that makes smoking devices to being with!) and get them to do it for you without going through any headshop middleman. My friend knew a glassblower that could potentially have done it cheaper but I'm not sure if it would have been as good. Plus there's a risk that the entire thing will shatter as they heat the glass up, so I felt like paying top dollar was a bit of a guarantee. Unless they were just telling me that shit to rip me off. :shrug:

greensp4rker
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by greensp4rker » Fri May 20, 2011 11:07 pm

40 USD, by mail order :D
surprisingly good quality for that price.
Gorecore wrote:Every single day is a new adventure. A lot of us just choose to spend that day laying in bed, scratching our genitals, and snuggling with our babes.

greensp4rker
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by greensp4rker » Sat May 21, 2011 2:04 am

haha yeah i know right? luckily the ice spikes prevent that from really happening, that would be nastyy
Gorecore wrote:Every single day is a new adventure. A lot of us just choose to spend that day laying in bed, scratching our genitals, and snuggling with our babes.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Sat May 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Pretty nice bong you got there man.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sun May 22, 2011 12:11 am

its so fresh and so clean
woah

greensp4rker
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by greensp4rker » Sun May 22, 2011 1:21 am

Mhm, i took that before I ever used it. its collected a bit of resin since ;)
edit: the bong us gone. It's been destroyed by none other than my mother. I'm currently in mourning :violin:

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Mon May 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Bummer man, at least now you know not to get invested in glass while at your parents. A pipe would be easier to hide.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Mon May 23, 2011 5:46 pm

^ Donno why but the pics of your bong are showing up now. GODAMN! It's a beast. Very nice.

greensp4rker wrote:Mhm, i took that before I ever used it. its collected a bit of resin since ;)
edit: the bong us gone. It's been destroyed by none other than my mother. I'm currently in mourning :violin:
R.I.P : :cry:

Yea...you should defiantely just roll js, blunts or use small pipes.

It sucks that she just broke it..instead of thinking "well at least he is doing it in the house and not at some crack head gang bangers house where he could get stabbed or raped".

I'm so sorry for your lost. It hurts my heart.

greensp4rker
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by greensp4rker » Mon May 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Ikku wrote:Bummer man, at least now you know not to get invested in glass while at your parents. A pipe would be easier to hide.
this is true, but it's a tradeoff... Time spent smoking vs concealability, I can get high in much less time with even a small bong like this, whereas with a pipe I have to smoke for a painfully long time. Ah well, maybe homemade is the way to go. Needless to say, I can't risk smoking for a while :/

Andria, is suppose the crack-head argument is one way of looking at it lol. But remember I have Indian parents, and even though they vote for legalization all things marijuana, they won't tolerate it in their house. Strange world, huh?

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Tue May 24, 2011 6:51 am

ah unlucky break man... no pun intended...
i guess while your under their roof you play by their rules...
the way life is man
woah

logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by logically » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:37 am

random: ikku that clock in the background is really cool.
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image