What Is a 1st 2nd, 3rd...Generation Joint?

Need help, or have you perfected a revolutionary technique & wanna share it?

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:48 pm

GENERATION JOINTS

Not every joint gets finished. What's left behind is universally known as a roach. Usually there's not much worth saving, but sometimes a decent-sized roach finds it way onto the coffee table. Peel back the singed paper and you'll find a choice little nugget of bud in there, nicely cured by the smoke that's already passed through it on the way to your mouth.

Your first 1st Generation joint:
To make a first Generation joint, you and/or friends of yours smoke five joints down to roach size (If you are not familiar with the term 'roach', you probably shouldn't be here but it means the very last nub of the joint that is basically too small to smoke without a 'roach clip'). Unroll the leftovers from your five roaches into one new joint. You have now created one 1st Generation Joint.

From here the process continues into the next Generations in the same manner. To make a second Generation Joint takes five first Generation Joints smoked down to roaches again and then unrolled into the new 2nd Generation Joint and so on...

The Big Math:
With the premise in mind for the creation of Generational Joints, here are some figures to astound you...

1st Gen = 5 joints
2nd Gen = 25 joints
3rd Gen = 125 joints
4th Gen = 625 joints
5th Gen = 3125 joints
6th Gen = 15625 joints
7th Gen = 78125 joints
8th Gen = 390625 joints

and so on...

Will you ever smoke an 8th Generation joint? Let me cut to the chase by saying that unless you are the wealthiest stoner that ever lived, you will never smoke one and most likely never see one. But don't let me discourage you from trying... here's how it works...

Estimating each joint at a 16th of an ounce, which is about equivilent to the amount of Tobacco in a regular grit, one 8th Generation Joint would require over 1500 Pounds of herb. If you're like most potheads and purchase your smoke by the ounce, at an average cost of $50 an ounce (we're talkin about the dirt stuff here people), it would cost over 1.2 million dollars for one 8th Generation joint.
To make an 8th Generation joint in one year would require a joint to be rolled and smoked once every 80 seconds, 24 hours a day, 365.25 days a year. :lol:

Tips & Suggestions: Try to get organized about it right away if you decide to take on such a mighty task of a lifetime. One group of people I know used a fishing tackle box and separated there joints into different generational cubbies...

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Re: What Is a 1st 2nd, 3rd...Generation Joint?

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:44 pm

that's just plain nasty man :p
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:01 pm

I smoke all my roaches :wink:

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:57 pm

I might give it a toke if I'm ever down wherever people smoke roaches, but to me it is an absurd and simply disgusting habit :p

I mean you throw your roaches into a box where the already nasty,saggy semi burned weed mixes in with the ashes and whatever residue comes off of a roach, and then roll all that waste material up into a new 'joint' of which you again keep the semi smoked,nasty,ash ridden roach to use in future joints.

All it gives me is the shivers ;)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:54 pm

Ya, it's gross alright

But it's great when you're dry

Like I am this morning....

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:13 am

^ it also gets you really stoned imo.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:34 am

my roaches are cardboard
so they go in the bin
woah

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:58 pm

(weedguru)scarf wrote:my roaches are cardboard
so they go in the bin
Same! :rastasmoke:

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:47 pm

Hmmmm, while I generally completely agree with Flow on this one, those roaches look pretty damn big. There might actually be a decent amount of leftover weed in them. :lol:

But yeah for me they either go out the window or in the bin like scarf.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Honestly.... If after a smoking session I have no weed left and I find some roaches in my ashtray. Your damn right I'm going to rip them open, put them in another skin and smoke them. That is weed in there and you're fucked if you think I'm not going to smoke it!
:scratchs:

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:50 am

I don't keep massive collections of roaches like that. I might have one or two laying around in which case I bust out a pipe to finish em off. That's about as close as I get
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:44 am

Ikku wrote:I don't keep massive collections of roaches like that. I might have one or two laying around in which case I bust out a pipe to finish em off. That's about as close as I get
same thing for me but its mostly because i prefer to be stoned and cant wait long enough for enough roaches to build up into a whole J lol