Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

NeverGetBusted Tip: What Not To Do

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 pm

NeverGetBusted Tip: What Not To Do
by Barry Cooper - Thursday, January 28 2010

When I was a kop, assessing motorists to decide if I needed to detain them longer for a closer inspection, I always considered the following behaviors red flags.

Do not make any of the following moves and your chances of a
search and arrest will greatly decrease.

1. Never say you are in a hurry. Interdiction officers are trained to be suspicious of this.

2. Never say you are going to the hospital to visit a sick relative or friend unless you can prove it.

3. Avoid any religious talk that focuses on making you appear to be a good guy. i.e. "Of course I don't have drugs officer, I'm a Christian."

4. Do not "name drop." Explaining that your neighbor is a judge or kop causes officers to be suspicious.

5. Never touch you hand to your head. This is one of the FBI's top three indicators of deception. If your face or head itches, don't scratch it, especially when answering a question. Do not groom yourself or adjust your cap.

6. Never repeat the question back to the officer as part of your answer. This behavior is interpreted as you stalling for time to think of a lie. i.e. Officer: "Where are you going?" Motorist: "Where am I going?"

7. Never tell an officer you are going somewhere when your passenger explains you are going somewhere else. Make certain your stories match.

8. When explaining anything to a kop, never extend your arms with the palms of your hands facing upward. This is another sign of deception.

9. Never be "sticky sweet." This makes officers suspicious.

10. Stay as calm as you can. It's hard to relax when being faced by a kop, but it is well worth it.

11. Never swear or promise you are telling the truth. One-hundred percent of the time when a motorist said, "I swear on my mother's grave," or "I swear on my kids life," I discovered they were lying. This is another deceptive behavior found in the FBI polygraph manual. Avoid it.