Discuss drug laws here.

Moderator: Moderators

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

IMPORTANT LAW SHIT

Post by JokersAce » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:47 pm

ok, so here's the story...

some pre-teen punk kept on passing through my yard.... and then one day I told him that if he crosses again I'm shooting him with my clear $20 dollar airsoft gun, he then said 'fuck you' and I shot him in knee...

Now him and his mother won't get over it, and I'm being charged with felony... because airsoft guns are likely to engrave serious injury. :roll:

the judge or whoever wanted to make a deal with me.... they said If i do good for one year of probation the felony charge will be lowered to a misdemeanor..

should I do that or stand trial to determine if the gun is likely to engrave serious injury or not, or just go with the probation thing?

I would stand trial but I'm worried they're gonna keep on focusing about what would've happened if I had shot that kid in the eye.. (which only rarely gives you serious injury there depending on how close you were from shooting it from..)

oh and I'm unsure if I lose trial I would get a felony on my record permanently or not.. the lawyer talk to fast and was in a rush..
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

hashpipe
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by hashpipe » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:09 pm

its YOUR yard right? then the fucker had the airsoft gun coming at him, try making a point on that one

i have zero international law skills, but i do know around here you cant even injure a burglar, even on your property

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:25 pm

I'd say take the chances of it and go for it because if your telling the truth and that you warned him to get off your yard and he said "fuck you" then you should have every right to shoot it at him. Try to counter it and press charges on him saying that he was trespassing and wouldn't cooperate (if you can even do that) but you shouldn't get in trouble if it's his fault and he didn't cooperate on your property.
Peace Not Greed.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:37 pm

Give me his name and address, He'll be gone by tomorrow morning.

Along with any cats,dogs,fishes,family members
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by pkkupo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:25 pm

what a motherfucker of a pickle. shit, if it seems sketchy, id go with probation. but you should talk to a good lawyer.
Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...

king
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by king » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:44 pm

yea as spri7e said....you warned him constantly about not passing through the yard...id bring that up and get his ass in a little bit of trouble too....or id let him shoot me in the knee and call it even

crazychld69
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by crazychld69 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:29 am

Say you thought your lawn/life was endangered. and shot your self point blank in court to show it doesn't hurt

Anti-FlagPUNK
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Anti-FlagPUNK » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:45 am

ok, you have a fair chance in trial, IF...

you told him more than once to "get off your property, or i will shoot you with this airsoft gun" in a way that cant be interpreted with any other meaning then your intentional one.

because their lawer will twist the FUCK out of your story in any possible way they can... If you can see a loophole for this, then take the misdemeanor. Thats a hell of allot better than a record, and the faster you settle it the less chance that they will sue your ass into the ground (and believe me they have more than enough on you to do it).

good luck man, and for gods sake get a damn lawer before you speak to anyone!
[img]http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1464698/0/nouser_1464/T0_-1_1464698.jpg[/img]

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:07 am

thanks guys, I'm going with the one year probation and a misdemeanor.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

Sm0kyMcPot
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by Sm0kyMcPot » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:23 am

i woulda beat the fuckin shit out of this kid...anyone walks through my yard and says fuck u, goes down. :twisted:
"Seems like I've been here before.
Seems so familiar.
Seems like I'm slipping
into a dream within a dream."
-Maynard James Keenan