cop run-in

Discuss drug laws here.

Moderator: Moderators

mr_pickle
Bonghead
Bonghead

cop run-in

Post by mr_pickle » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:09 pm

alright so i was chillin with 2 of my buddies last night around 9 or somethin. and we were gonna burn a couple joints so i said i knew this good builiding with nothing in it and its got stairs up to the roof. so we went there and went up on to the roof to scout it out before we smoked up there and my 2 friends started throwin rocks and shit at these big light fixture things and broke 1 or 2 of em (the building is all trashed and stuff). so after that we were like shit we cant roll up here. so we went back down and rolled in my buddies car.

As we were climbing back up onto the roof my one friend just goes "oh shittt...." i didnt see anything so i was like what what did you see? and my other friend goes "fuck police..." so we're sittin on this random ass roof, 2 cops walking our way, 2 joints in my one friends hand. so he quickly hides them under some rocks and shit and we started to get off the roof to walk down to meet the cops(there was no escape).

so the first thing the cop says "whos car is this" my friend goes "yeah thats mine" and then the cop just wips out his extendable nightstick thing or whatever its called and he goes "ok which window do you want me to break". so we're all just standing there thinking like what the fuck is this guy doing... and the cop starts saying this stuff about how if we can go around breaking stuff that doesnt belong to us he can do the same. then he goes to my next friend, trying to scare him the same way... he goes " how about you wouldnt you be pretty pissed off if i came to your house and climbed up on your roof?" ahaha and my friend goes "welll.... i guess as you dont cause any damge"

so after that the cop asks for my friends drivers license and insurance and stuff. he had none of that on him but the cop let it slide. After awhile they told us they could either charge us and give us tickets for mischief and trespassing and stuff. or we could call the number on the front of the building and tell the owner what happened and pay him back for it. so obviously we said we would call the guy. oh and the cops got down all our info and shit

so what do we do? should we call the guy and explain what happened? should we call and say we accidentally broke a light or somethin?

im thinking if we call its not gonna be the actual owner, just some secretary or something.

but anyways lemme hear your opinion on this (if you read all that aha)

p.s. we got the joints back and smoked em later that night :)

Vinyl
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by Vinyl » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:16 pm

1. it really sucks how cops try to act tough like that when you know they wouldnt do something like that. that cop knew that if he indeed smashed the car window he would have been suspended without pay or even lost his job.

2. call the number say the truth, that your buddies or whoever smashed it werent thinking right and your sorry. if the owners not a dick hell take the apology and MIGHT make you pay something. but if the buildings as run down as you say it is he probably wont care.

3. glad you got your bud back, it always sucks to lose things like that.

4. THANK YOU SO GOD DAMN MUCH for putting that story into paragraphs, i actually was able to read it without being smacked by a gigantic wall of text
[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5183/sigab4.jpg[/img]
Toke now, or forever hold your piece

Ziggy
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Ziggy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:17 pm

Yeah paragraphs make a big difference when theirs that much to read.
I kind of think its funny how the cops try to act all tough and scare you by empty threats. And its weird how he said "how about you wouldnt you be pretty pissed off if i came to your house and climbed up on your roof?"... when nobody lived at the place you guys were at and its already been destroyed by time and other kids ... but it was nice of him to let you guys off for the insurance stuff and the vandalizim (however you spell it)

I'd say just call the guy up (probably from a pay phone), chances are he wont even take your call, tell him you and some friends were passing through as a short cut or something, chucking rocks around and accidentally broke something. if he ends up making you pay for it...your calling from a payphone anyways so he cant trace it at all
Check Link: Flex Your Rights - Citizens Guide to Surviving Police Encounters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

“Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”
Albert Einstein

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:34 pm

Don't call the cops dicks, your friends are the dicks. You were breaking shit, what do you expect?
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

MatteN
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by MatteN » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:36 pm

yeah i definitely recommend calling from a pay phone to do it.

im happy u got ur bud back.

i wish i could meet a genuine cop.

SweetTeaSweetheart
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by SweetTeaSweetheart » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:14 am

Ikku wrote:Don't call the cops dicks, your friends are the dicks. You were breaking shit, what do you expect?
I agree.

Do you have any idea how much commercial light fixtures cost? If I were the owner I'd expect you to pay back every single cent and maybe in addition to pressing trespassing/destruction of property charges depending on how my day was.

I don't care if it was trashed or not. You and your friends don't own that building or anything in it.

xNubletx
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by xNubletx » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:52 am

In some states, when you're walking around on the street (but not breaking light fixtures) cops cant just randomly ask for your I.D.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/IceGamer/liverasta.png[/img]

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:37 am

They told the police officer that was his car, the police officer can check to see if he has a driver's license.

mr_pickle
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by mr_pickle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:04 pm

i didnt think i called them dicks... they let us off without tickets and shit

but yeah thanks alot for the advice guys if we call, will definately call from a payphone. i never thought of that.

and yes i know it was kind of stupid, wasnt even me but whatev i guess its still partially my fault

one more question. you think the cops wouldve called the guy too to let him know what happened? or are they just assuming we're gonna do it? cause if the cops called and said what happened and then we call and say it was an accident or somethin, thatd be 2 different stories

edit: yup definately didnt call them dicks

Vinyl
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by Vinyl » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:11 pm

the cops would probably just call and ask if anyone called apologizing for a broken light, theyd be too lazy to explain the whole staory, maybe even to lazy to call at all. thats what cops in my area would do, donno about where you live
[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5183/sigab4.jpg[/img]
Toke now, or forever hold your piece

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:08 pm

mr_pickle wrote:i didnt think i called them dicks...
No, but everyone else in the thread said "oh the cops were trying to act all tough and scare you," but I think the cops were doing just fine.

weedguru+chrisisonfire
+Political-Pothead+
+Political-Pothead+

Post by weedguru+chrisisonfire » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:38 pm

Ikku wrote:
No, but everyone else in the thread said "oh the cops were trying to act all tough and scare you," but I think the cops were doing just fine.
the cops did exactly their job. Scared you crazy kids a bit. :P
Its one of those situations where the cops couldve been real hardasses or not at all. And they went with the latter.
Cheers,

[url=http://www.norml.ca][img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c94/chrisgenier93/norml.jpg[/img][/url]

Jay212
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Jay212 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:54 pm

weedguru+chrisisonfire wrote:
Ikku wrote:
the cops did exactly their job. Scared you crazy kids a bit. :P
Its one of those situations where the cops couldve been real hardasses or not at all. And they went with the latter.
kind of like the other night. Me an 2 guys were parked at a park smoking a joint an we just happend to park beside an abandoned truck. 1 cop shows up while we're smoking an the guy ditches the joint(that was lit 2 seconds earlier). The cop goes to the truck and while he's searching around inside for some proof of it being abandoned, he asks us who's been smoking and we tell him it was from 5 minutes ago and he says "well i can't do anything if it's already been smoked." then another cruiser pulls up to help the first cop for whatever reason and he decides to be a dick and asks if we belonged to the car we were at. so the driver says yes and he ends up searching us and then searching the car. driver ended up getting a 120$ ticket for having (unopened)liquor in the car. I'm assuming because he didn't find weed, but he knew we smoked weed, he wanted to be a dick and give a ticket anyway.

What can you say against a cops word in court. No one would believe the alcohol wasn't opened.
If u aint from the hillz then homeboy lay it down ~ CWS

sickkid90
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sickkid90 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:30 pm

if it was really unopened why dont you just take it into court and show it wasnt unopened?

And ya original poster, t'was stupid of your friend to chuck stuff around especially when you were about so do something illegal like smoke weed, way to go on attracting attention you know? But ya just call that dude and tell him what happened... if hes an ass and says hes gona press charges just hang up or somethign i unno
I don't breath unless its weed.

[img]http://kucinich.us/files/images/kucinich_2008.jpg[/img]

swanee89
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by swanee89 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:39 pm

throwing rocks and breaking stuff is definitely a party foul
[img]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x106/swanee89/rs_sig2.jpg[/img]
"Bob Dylan impresses me about as much as... well, I was gonna say a slug but I like slugs."
-Captain Beefheart