busted with 2 grams

Discuss drug laws here.

Moderator: Moderators

sickyle
Bonghead
Bonghead

busted with 2 grams

Post by sickyle » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:51 pm

so I got charged with posession of 2 grams a month ago, just received my court date today.. and I'm freaking out because I don't have a lawyer, don't know of one yet that can assist me both legally and financially. I had the 2 grams in my car. I'm 20 years old.

I live in MD..

Who else has gotten charged before with posession? This is my first offense and I'm wondering what the penalties are going to be.
[img]http://www.sighost.us/members/cero/sickyle.jpg[/img]

Sixil
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Sixil » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:57 pm

How did you get busted?

sickyle
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by sickyle » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:21 pm

Met up at a local mcdonalds, which was currently being watched, which I did not know of. I met up with the guy because I owed him money from a bag that I bought the night before. He had already sold bud to someone just a couple seconds before in the same spot. So after I gave him the $20 and left, I got pulled over, I had the bud from the night before on me, and they asked to search the car.. knowing that they would have brought the k-9 either way, and I had the same exact bud as the woman that bought from him did, I know I wouldn't be able to fight that I didn't just buy it.. because there's no way the judge or cop would believe that I just gave a dealer $20 just because I owed him. so I then told them there was bud in the car, because it was in an obvious place (center console). they then gave me a citation and took me to the station and questioned me then i was let go.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:41 pm

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4542

Might help, but 2 grams really isn't that much. The judge in Maryland will probably be forced to give you a mandatory minimum sentence, which really sucks because you only had two grams.

Good luck man hopefully you do not get supervised probabtion.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

spidermanlovesmj
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by spidermanlovesmj » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:45 pm

yeah man good luck
once you get done with that move to canada :P

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:05 am

for less than 28 grams its a fine of 100 dollars in CA
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

Jay212
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Jay212 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:36 am

JokersAce wrote:for less than 28 grams its a fine of 100 dollars in CA
ever been busted for less than 28? I can tell you that you'll probably end up in a cell for a few cold nights aswell.
If u aint from the hillz then homeboy lay it down ~ CWS

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:30 am

Well california is really lenient about there laws compared to other states.
Peace Not Greed.

Sm0kyMcPot
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by Sm0kyMcPot » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:08 am

looks like Alaska is the most chill state for marijuana possession.

Mr Skunky
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Mr Skunky » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:48 am

Bad luck :( so does it mean you could go away for up to a year for 2 grams? :( ?? or did i read it wrong.

TmD
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by TmD » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:47 pm

its possible but unlikely, I really doubt he would be lucked up for a little weed, I mean it cant be that fucked in maryland. It will just be a fine and maybe a few NA meetings.

Jay212 - No in California you won't be locked up for a few night, aint gonna happen. I live in socal and most cops dont even bother giving possession and my friend has had a few of them threw out.
Fresh till Death

sickyle
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by sickyle » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:36 am

That's another thing.. NA/AA meetings which are complete bullshit! I got caught with weed when I was underage one time and they made me go to either AA or NA meetings.. which were a complete utterly waste of time.

IMO those meetings do not one bit of good if you're only going there because the court ordered you to.

Those meetings are for people that want to quit on their own will not because someone is forcing them to go to them.

I just sat there with a bunch of 40-50 year old retired alcoholics.. didn't say one word because I just didn't fit in there.

They did ask me why I was in there.. I was like "Unfortunately I got caught with 2 grams of weed." they were like "they made you come to these meetings for THAT?" ..these are people that had been alcoholics for decades.. :lol: and into alot harder drugs than weed.

I felt like Dave Chapelle on Half Baked.. standing up in front of the group of people. I was just waiting for Bob Saget to pop out of nowhere.

TmD
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by TmD » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:29 am

lmao so true, but its how things in America are done (sadly) especially post 9/11 where instead of embracing Americans and their freedoms we restrict and deny them.
Fresh till Death

dylann
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by dylann » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:25 am

your right about NA/AA.

this reminded me of yesterday when i went into kmart, and forgot that they check bags for stolen stuff. and my 2 grams of weed was just sitting right on top when you unzipped it. the lady opened it and just smiled. i was pretty freaked out about it lol 8) :lol:

sickyle
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by sickyle » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:16 am

dylann wrote:your right about NA/AA.

this reminded me of yesterday when i went into kmart, and forgot that they check bags for stolen stuff. and my 2 grams of weed was just sitting right on top when you unzipped it. the lady opened it and just smiled. i was pretty freaked out about it lol 8) :lol:
:lol:

Atleast she was cool about it. She don't care as long as the store didn't sell it. :D

That would be an awkward situation though. I'd proceed to gtfo immediately. Who knows who she might have been about to call. :roll: