Self Control and Smoking Habit

Health issues related to Marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

rukio
Why Hello There !

Self Control and Smoking Habit

Post by rukio » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:55 am

Did you know that every cigarette you smoke takes away six minutes off your life? You can very well imagine the number of days it must be taking off ones life over a period of time. In spite of so many facts smoking is still the leading preventable cause of death and disease around the world.

Smoking eats up almost all the parts of our body from heart to our lungs and even kidneys and liver. Smokers are highly susceptible to lung cancer and emphysema. Smoking affects the lungs over a period of time and inhibits breathing. It also greatly increases the risk of heart disease and heart attacks.

No matter what medication is attempted at, none will be fruitful unless one is determined. The Best ways to quit smoking is by developing a strong Self Control, changing ones mindset and inculcating a few new habits. Stress and diminished self control are two important factors associated with smoking. Smokers who practice Self Control prior to quitting are more likely to succeed than smokers who have a diminished Self control. Yoga or Deep Breathing exercises help you to relax in times of stressful situations. Drinking lots of fluids also helps to flush out all the toxins from the body and to focus your mind. Avoiding alcohol, sugar, fatty foods and coffee helps reducing the craving for cigarettes. A slight change in the diet can help to a great extent. Each diet can be concluded with some delicious dessert instead of cigarettes. Cigarettes can be substituted with cinnamon sticks or chewing gums. One can distract oneself by going for a walk or a jog. Doing things which give us pleasure are ways to distract oneself. Going out shopping, taking a long shower can change your mood.

Breaking a habit is not simple, but its definitely not impossible.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Re: Self Control and Smoking Habit

Post by Bubbles » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:11 am

i hear Tobacco and Weed are the same thing.

robertsamual
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by robertsamual » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:26 am

That is a widely spread myth ( what you mentioned in your post about the loss of 6 minutes of your life ). I am a smoker since last 10 years and according to you, I have ended up half of my life ( how silly ). Although I know that smoking is really dangerous for our health but I don't see any fact in that line. :rastasmoke:

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:06 am

robertsamual wrote:That is a widely spread myth ( what you mentioned in your post about the loss of 6 minutes of your life ). I am a smoker since last 10 years and according to you, I have ended up half of my life ( how silly ). Although I know that smoking is really dangerous for our health but I don't see any fact in that line. :rastasmoke:

....it was a bot, man.

robertsamual
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by robertsamual » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:21 am

Mr. Bubbles,

What do you mean by bot ?? :mrgreen: :scratch:

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:21 pm

a bot is a computer program designed to go onto forums pretend to be an actual human and post links to attract the forum members to check out the bots host website.

im sure there is a better definition. but thats just how i see bots

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:11 pm

is this a bot?
Either way..... I've been talking to quiet a few people who have recently quit smoking for various reasons. But the story the sticked out the most to me was.... that someone read a book. Can't recall what it is called. The person told me that it's not really preaching how bad it is for you, but she quit cigarettes right after she was done that book. Sounds kind of bizarre... no? Well anywho, I'm not a smoker (well not cigarettes at least) but it makes me curious to read the book.

king
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by king » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:58 pm

i used to smoke cigs...and smoked for about a yr....then just quit out of no where....completely cold turkey. When people ask me why i quit...i tell em that i'd rather save the lung space for weed smoke :lol:

"penning these lyrics from a hammock, with a ounce of kush a pack of bamboos and an ice-cream sandwich" ~Curren$y

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:15 pm

I smoke over a pack a day

:?

wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by wgToonces » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:14 am

I smoke rollups daily and know how much they affect my life and how much they are killing me and fucking me up. Yet I continue to smoke them, every goddamn day.

Me and my friend have a theory that people who smoke are in some way depressed even if they don't know it, and continue to smoke because they know it kills.

I don't think I'm depressed but I don't exactly have the best outlook on the world as a whole. Maybe that's why I keep smoking? Or maybe it's the addictive niccotine....Probably both.
:scratchs:

king
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by king » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:48 am

How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me. You're like the Jack LaLanne of smokers compared to me. ~ Bill Hicks

i was :rofl: when i first saw that stand up

"penning these lyrics from a hammock, with a ounce of kush a pack of bamboos and an ice-cream sandwich" ~Curren$y

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:25 am

^ For a minute I thought that's something that you were saying. I was like "this guy is awesome, i'm gonna give him kudos..or karma or whatever"

But you tricked me! Not cool. :P

weedguru_waffles

Post by weedguru_waffles » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:58 pm

andriaSRH wrote:^ For a minute I thought that's something that you were saying. I was like "this guy is awesome, i'm gonna give him kudos..or karma or whatever"

But you tricked me! Not cool. :P
me too.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:45 am

Same.....until I thought more about the 2 lighters a day thing

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin