Thyroid problems and marijuana

Health issues related to Marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

myra
Why Hello There !

Thyroid problems and marijuana

Post by myra » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:33 am

My father used to suffer from thyroid problems two years ago. Our family doctor has prescribed him with synthroid (cytomel t4) so that everything comes to normal. Everything goes on very well until the time he returned from a vacation with his friends last week, his health has deteriorated. Then he tells my mum that during his vacation he did not take his medication instead he has smoked marijuana. My mum is worried for him. I would like to have some help with you friends. Do you think the marijuana is the cause of his health's deterioration?? Do I need to talk to his doctor?? Does synthroid interact with marijuana??

creteera
Why Hello There !

Re: Thyroid problems and marijuana

Post by creteera » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:41 am

How much blood is taken for a thyroid blood test? I have to get a blood test to check my thyroid, I think it's a full thyroid panel or something like that. I want to know if it is a lot of blood/many tubes of blood. I tend to pass out if it's a lot of blood, so I want to know. Thanks.
Last edited by creteera on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Are these two bots talking to each other? lol

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:33 am

The first one is from 2007 and actually looks like it might be a legitimate question that just never got answered way down here at the bottom of the forum. I for one used to never read anything but the top couple of forums and maybe the other drugs section.

The second one is almost certainly a bot but wtf, no links or spam at all. Maybe it's some sort of 'decoy' bot to throw us off :lol:
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

katerrt
Why Hello There !

Post by katerrt » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:37 pm

From what I read of the original question it sounds like Dad stopped taking his Synthroid. That was the problem. Then he substituted marijuana. Stopping Synthroid would cause him to start displaying symptoms he had before going on the medication. Marijuana is not a substitute for thyroid medicine. From my web search, marijuana in combination with Synthroid should be no problem.

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Ikku wrote:The second one is almost certainly a bot but wtf, no links or spam at all. Maybe it's some sort of 'decoy' bot to throw us off :lol:
It links to a pharmacy site.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:06 pm

I think they try to slip by at first by just having a normal post cause it seems they come back and edit them a couple days later.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

costasgavronos9
Why Hello There !

Post by costasgavronos9 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:59 am

How much blood is taken for a thyroid blood test? I have to get a blood test to check my thyroid, I think it's a full thyroid panel or something like that.