Breastfeeding and drugs

Health issues related to Marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

Princess Melissa
Bonghead
Bonghead

Breastfeeding and drugs

Post by Princess Melissa » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:30 am

I posted part of this in another forum, but wanted to ask this here as well...
my daughter is two weeks old and I'm breastfeeding. But...my question is this...if I am not breastfeeding for a couple of days (say, I express some milk), is it possible for me to take E or smoke weed and not harm my daughter, or is the half-life too long for that? Should I just abstain totally?

Please let me know guys!

PuffPuffGive
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by PuffPuffGive » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:51 am

I remember being in a debate like this about 6 months ago which got pretty intense, but my own personal opinion would be to abstain from any drugs recreational or pharmeseutical. I mean, if you cant do it for your child then perhaps you may need to seek help because that's a serious addiction. Not that I'm implying that you cant, just throwing my 2 cents in.

Cheers
"Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely." ~Lord Acton~

stonedrippedtwisted
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by stonedrippedtwisted » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:19 am

dont take this the wrong way but

trying to breast feed a baby child on E is just irresponsible.

can understand a bit of weed but i dunno what either do to a baby id say probably keep off both

Princess Melissa
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Princess Melissa » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:51 am

You guys are right. Honestly, I need to yell my man not to bring that stuff around me for a good while.

President Beavis
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by President Beavis » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:56 am

Marijuana should be pretty safe in very occasional doses, very little of any drug you take would be left in the milk so that's fine. But I wouldn't do E since doing hard drugs when you have a small child is just really fucking irresponsible whether you're breastfeeding or not. Neither parent should be using hard drugs period.

Even if you have someone to babysit or whatever while you go out and do the E, it's really dumb.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:46 am

I remember Doped Up Dan had a story about breastfeeding and weed.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:30 am

Stay off of drugs as long as you're feeding the child your own milk.

Seriously!
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:55 am

Princess Melissa wrote:You guys are right. Honestly, I need to yell my man not to bring that stuff around me for a good while.
sounds like a smart move
woah

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:06 pm

Might sound exaggerated, but starting from the day my future wife gets pregnant i'm quitting the green until the baby's born.

No fumes around her whatsoever!
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:23 pm

Abstain.

Anti-FlagPUNK
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Anti-FlagPUNK » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:40 am

if your going to do e, i suggest you feed your baby formula for 2 days or something like that.
[img]http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1464698/0/nouser_1464/T0_-1_1464698.jpg[/img]

ImpaledScarecrow
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by ImpaledScarecrow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:18 am

I would abstain just to be safe as long as your breast-feeding

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:50 am

WeedGuru_Flow wrote:Stay off of drugs as long as you're feeding the child your own milk.

Seriously!
best advice you could ask for
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!

Post by Certified-Nutter » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:04 pm

my mother had this, THC IS passed through breast milk, as according to them, they got me stoned when i was still breast feeding... as weird of a thought and image that comes to my mind as i think it
but on the plus side, the doctor had told my mum, even tho he wasnt suppost to, that the weed in the milk would do Nothing to my growth or anything... and it hasnt at all
he only advised against it because of letting a child on drugs is moraly wrong, but through milk, THC is pure, and pure THC is completely harmless to humans, it is one of the FEW things in existance that doesnt have a known overdose quantity!! (i mewan fuck, even sugar has a known overdose quantity... altho its huge, has to say something?
E i dont kno of however, and from my mum, the child will only get stoned if u have smoked right before breast feedingl, if u prepare a couple of bottles, for a day or two, u will be fine with doing weed, but as i said, my mum never did E when i was a baby, so i dont kno about that.
but yea, a smoke or two of weed will Not harm ur child in any way... unless u smoke with the child in the room (second hand smoke)
i mean i am going to university to study biolody (plant biology it may be but still) so nothing wrong with my mind, and i dont mean to boast, but i was above the average physical fitness in me year too, so
but its your choice in the end, but so long as ur not smoking infronta the kid, weed would be fine in well planned intervals
Image Image Image <- My old account

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:44 am

that's just wrong to even ask if you can breast feed with E in your blood....
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?