Will pot make me dumb, or fuck up my brain in any other way?

Health issues related to Marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

Biohazard1182
Casual toker
Casual toker

Will pot make me dumb, or fuck up my brain in any other way?

Post by Biohazard1182 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:27 pm

I want to know because i am in honors classes and i dont want to fail them, but since its summer i smoke like 2 times a day.

i wrote this like 4 months ago. i feel dumb just for asking it now. i just got all my grades, and my lowest is a B+. So the answer to my question is no, as long as you do your homework.
Last edited by Biohazard1182 on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:02 pm

No.

FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by FIRE!!! » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:01 pm

I smoke anywhere between once to like 4 or 5 times a day, depending on the day, and I passed honors classes last year just fine.

As long as you don't allow the substance to control you and superglue your ass to the couch, you should be fine. Just remember, you're smokin weed, that shit ain't smokin you.

c4rdsh4rk_88
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by c4rdsh4rk_88 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:55 pm

for me and what ive heard from friends, the most common thing seems to be short term forgetfullness like if your doing something and need to go downstairs to grab something, youre on your way down and start thinking about something else so when your down there youre not focused on what you were originally doing and require more time to think about it. other things for me, im not sure if i can completely blame it on side effects from smoking weed, but while im sober if i try doing something like math in my head at a fast pace i can lose track of where i am and need to slow down a bit and focus on it. but my ability to do all those things is still there.

it wont kill your knowledge or your ability to learn/function, but it might slightly alter your way of thinking. so maybe youll just need to rework your ways if you notice a difference.

another thing i often hear is that it kills motivation. i tried experimenting with that one and didnt notice much difference in my case, so maybe that depends on the person. but for me it seems to depend on what i really want, not whether ive been smoking during that week.

in the end, it shouldnt alter anything to keep you from passing your classes. like whitelie said, you need to be responsible with it and get your work done. dont stay high all day and expect to do what you normally couldve.
"Think for yourself and question authority" - Timothy Leary

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja

Post by Weedguru_Falkon » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:52 pm

I had AP Language last year. I passed it fine. That could be because the teacher was cool, but i dont know. It shouldnt have any negative effects like that on you. Youre not going to lose 20 IQ points, youre not going got become the most retarded kid in your class. Weed doesnt do that. Coke, crack, heroin, meth... those drugs might, but not weed.
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:47 pm

It all depends on the person.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

wizz
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by wizz » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:55 pm

Weed will just make you lazy througout the school year... just really focus and make sure its not taking over.. but kid that graduated this year a grade above me was number 4 in class and i go to a really hard public school and he does a shitload of drugs but hes really responsible about all that.

Hatchetrunner420
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Hatchetrunner420 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:33 am

No...it's just that some people make weed their top priority && they say fuck school, i got weed && just refuse to try...well, that's just wut i think...i could be wrong
Inhale/Exhale - I'ma Weed-A-Holic...Smokin till my Lungs Fail

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:53 pm

it screws up your memory a bit and if you got a bit of the ADD it will make it worse. oh, and be prepared to become slow when you were once fast also loss of vocal control. i mean that your mouth and brain cant really keep up with each other. but this will only happen with your stoned way to often.

thnkgod4weed
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by thnkgod4weed » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:06 am

It screws you up in the moments after ur done,kinda like a hangover,if you´ve gone drinkin some time and wake up with a hang-over do u think ur able enough to do a math equation,right now im through my final exams at school and i smoke basically every day and my lowest grade till now has been an 84 or B if u prefer so dont worry just dont let it control u like white lie said,ur smoking it not the other way around :D
"For reality to exist you need someone to experience that reality or it doesn´t exist"-albert hofmann.

L-------S--------D

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:05 am

Dr. Greenthumb wrote:It all depends on the person.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

4*20
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by 4*20 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:43 am

damn rookies :lol:

Psyclone
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Psyclone » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:17 pm

I took all of my regents blazed out of my mind. Got almost a perfect score on all of them. You just need to test yourself...do a puzzle online when your stoned...and if you can't handle it...you fail!

Dr.Chronic
Bonghead
Bonghead

being high

Post by Dr.Chronic » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:04 am

Being Baked is actually good for in tests and etc. Countless times ive blazed before english exams and etc. i have passed and history and maths too.

Pot does not make you dumb. If you are lazy and dont learn anything then you will get dumb but thats not down to the pot its down to yourself.

enjoy 8)
[img]http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2100/weedgurusingnatutrekb3.gif[/img]
I love Amsterdam...

FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by FIRE!!! » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:07 am

Dr. Greenthumb wrote:
Dr. Greenthumb wrote:It all depends on the person.