What is so wrong with getting high?

How's it going where you live on mother earth? Whats going on and why?

Moderator: Moderators

Do you think that Marijuana should be legal?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:58 pm

YES
67%
NO
33%

Total votes: 3

benjismokin
Casual toker
Casual toker

What is so wrong with getting high?

Post by benjismokin » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:58 pm

:x
This subject gets me very upset. I dont see any of the reason why we cant sit down and smoke a joint. I mean at the age of 18, we can go out and fight for our country, and die for our country, and at the age of 21, we can go and get drunk at a bar. But we cannot even sit at home and smoke pot. It really doesnt make any sense to me. Why is it that it is always okay for us to do something for our country, but our country doesnt do anything for us? I mean ciggarettes are 100 hundred times worse than smoking pot, but thats legal. And they cant use the fact that it messes your mind up, because i have been smoking pot since i was in the 6th grade, i am now enrolled in college, and have a great talent for drawing. I hold a job, and i smoke more pot now than ever. So i wish that they could give us a good rason why we cant smoke pot, just one freakin reason, then maybe i'll be happy. :twisted:

Hey, just writting this to give props to all who smoke and fight for that right. Blaze up and keep smokin!
Peace

100:10100
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by 100:10100 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:42 am

The drug lords pay the gov. people to keep it illegal so they stay rich.

And like only 45% of the country wants it legalized.
Puff puff pass, the only way!

[img]http://www.descensionweb.com/iB_html/non-cgi/avatars/uploaded_Pict0006.JPG[/img]

GodHand Kronix
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by GodHand Kronix » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 am

legalizing it would cause too much corruption in the drug market and it would be taxed, and it would become illegal to grow your own because then you wouldnt buy for the government. too many problems if you ask me im fine smoking the herb as it is right now
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..

benjismokin
Casual toker
Casual toker

RE: Whats so wrong with getting high?

Post by benjismokin » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:58 pm

Hey, i have been reading the replies and i see exactly where your coming from. I have never really looked at it like that before. Thank you for letting me know something new. But anyway, I am writting this now in order to ask a question? Where did you guys get those cool looking pics? I would like to know.
:shock:
Hey, just writting this to give props to all who smoke and fight for that right. Blaze up and keep smokin!
Peace

GodHand Kronix
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by GodHand Kronix » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:28 am

the avatars? clikc on profile and way at the bottom theres an option to pick an avatar
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..

LiGhTuP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by LiGhTuP » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:39 am

There's nothing wrong with getting high, just as there's nothing wrong with getting drunk. Infact, getting high would be more of a benifit to society, since stoned people tend to be pretty relaxed and calm, unlike drunks who walk around terroizing the suburbs.

I've seen this happen in my town, drunks fucking up the skate park where we skate and throwing broken bottles on the beach, stupid fuckers.
But us stoners, we just smoke a bit and chill at someone's house watching a movie, mayby go out and get food. So what the fuckin hell is wrong with that?
Beer and Grass your on your ass. Grass and Beer your in the clear!
[img]http://www.southend.wayne.edu/days/2002/sept/9302002/news/canada/chickensoupeps.jpg[/img]

zach_jdia
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by zach_jdia » Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:00 pm

i think that we should have the right to do whatever we wnt to our own body at least in our own home. If weed was legalised stoners wouldn't have to go to dealers anymore and wouldn't be funding the black market. It wouldn't become illegal to grow - it's not illegal to make our own alcohol and it's likely that the quality and cheap prices of weed when prohibition has ended will mean that people won't need to grow their own.

K!T-K@T
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by K!T-K@T » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:36 pm

theres not a whole lot i can say, just that its f*cked up that we can't smoke pott....i'd rather be hooked on something like that than smokes. pott helped me quit. :? but ive heard a bunch of sh*t, what is better for you? pott or smokes? :?

Tarential
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Tarential » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:12 am

Pot by far.
"If I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you." - _MAD_Caesar_

Wake-n-Baker
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Wake-n-Baker » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:24 am

well, both
cigarettes are legal (so you can do it publically) (if 18, oh well!)
but I don't think anyone would care if I laced my smokes with pot =)
ta-da, the key to happiness
"I have the munchies.... are you going to eat that stapler?" -"you can't eat the stapl-" "you wanna split it?"

GodHand Kronix
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by GodHand Kronix » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:58 pm

Marijuana is proven to have a weaker intoxication from the average intake than alcohol is, so why is alcohol legal rather than marijuana, including the face that alcohol has negative after-effects and possibility of alcohol poisoning?
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..

Weedguru Sensei
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru Sensei » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:19 pm

100:10100 wrote:The drug lords pay the gov. people to keep it illegal so they stay rich.

And like only 45% of the country wants it legalized.
You can't actually believe that..
[img]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1430/a45343a17d936183b9159c5zw2.gif[/img]

Tarential
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Tarential » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:05 pm

Sensei wrote:You can't actually believe that..
Some people do. Their answer to every problem on this planet is that people are paying the government to keep things the way they shouldn't be. My mom is one of them. Apparently so is this guy.

Nessus
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Nessus » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:38 am

Traditional gov. reasoning behind keeping pot illegal is that the use of pot would lead into the use of harder drugs. I don't think that this would be the case. If you could buy your weed over the counter, like you can do with tabacco, it does not fuel a habit that will eventually lead you to heroin + cocaine...

However i do believe that keeping pot illegal is better than not, leagalisation would result in legislation, which would impair production of weed as well as taxing what is produced. :shock:

"Marijuana is proven to have a weaker intoxication from the average intake than alcohol is..."

It is also "proven" that the average joint (not) mixed with tabacco, is more harmful than a cigarette. :wink:

"drunks who walk around terroizing the suburbs"

Alcohol affects different people in different ways... Same with weed, i've seen people completely out of control after a bit of pot... :roll:

Wow that was a long post!

- Nessus
Bop IT!
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/nessus/just_call_me_guru.jpg[/img]

Tarential
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Tarential » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:42 pm

Nessus wrote:It is also "proven" that the average joint (not) mixed with tabacco, is more harmful than a cigarette. :wink:
Yes, but how many joints does the average person smoke in a day? How many cigs? Also, how many people smoke tobacco out of a bong (I mean cig smokers, not pot smokers - mixing hash/bud with tobacco doesn't count)? Filtering it through water helps things so much.
Nessus wrote:"drunks who walk around terroizing the suburbs"
Alcohol affects different people in different ways... Same with weed, i've seen people completely out of control after a bit of pot... :roll:
How many times have you seen a regular smoker freak out after smoking a joint? How many times have you seen a regular drinker do something stupid after they get smashed? Thing is, marijuana has been proven (this is even admitted to by the US Govmn't) to not affect judgement whereas alcohol does. You wouldn't get stoned and think "You know, that girl likes me, I think I'll rape her" - but drunk people have been known to do that.