your culture comes from within not your skin

How's it going where you live on mother earth? Whats going on and why?

Moderator: Moderators

Dr.Chronic
Bonghead
Bonghead

your culture comes from within not your skin

Post by Dr.Chronic » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:04 am

I am sick and tired of media always displaying bud smokers, Rasta's and etc. trying to act black.

I believe myself the good old herb is a sacrement but the media distort the magical plant to the public displaying as evil and etc. Also Rasta's and Weed smokers are trying to act black as a statement demonstrated through media. Example: 10 things i hate about you - film.

Displays Bud smokers as black and Rasta as white people trying to act like black people which smoke bud. This is not the case, whilst doing this they have tarnished a faith and a habit of all of weed guru and further.

As I'd like to say my phrase: ur culture comes from within not your skin.

Displays that no matter what colour you are you can do anything. Doesn't matter, nothing is restricted. For example dreadlocks are not banished from white people, as it is natural but people think the people who have dreadlocks are black people mainly.

It's tiring to see so many people being lead down the negative path of negative views about cultures and habits and etc.

Jah Bless

[img]http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2100/weedgurusingnatutrekb3.gif[/img]
I love Amsterdam...

ninjamonkey
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by ninjamonkey » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:55 pm

ye i know what u mean the world is so fucked up these days
"Anything Is Possible"

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:13 am

an interesting post, rasta...
but i hardly think '10 things i hate about you' is a barometer for anything but bull-shit film-making....

'For example dreadlocks are not banished from white people, as it is natural but people think the people who have dreadlocks are black people mainly.
'

I know of a fair amount of white lads, who have dreads..one of them is a rasta, the rest just like the style...I haven't heard from any of these dreads, reports of the issues of which you speak...but that may just be because I am a touch old, and also due to the fact that I have very little interaction with the mainstream media...

as for culture coming from within, i can agree to around 80% but then the remaining 20% accomodates the environment. not at the expense of base morals, but everyone who lives in a society of creatures must at the very least accept some of the rules of that society...culture is a very hard subject to debate because it has so many variations ond even definitions...
e.g. those from the culture of the dark, ignored sections of british society are also to a certain degree, part of the culture of the rest of the english....connections remain due to geography and due to the laws and customs which are widespread throughout the UK...

i am running in circles now, and should have left this as 'culture too hard to discuss'....

I am a fan of some of the laws that are supposed to be upheld in western cultures but not a fan in any way of the way these laws, as perfect sounding on occasion as they are, are used in a selective manner....

e.g. a policeman, off duty, can get caught speeing 170mph on his new motorbike, but then get of scott-free, when the case comes to court. why? because the judge says the copper was 'getting used to the machine'....the same week that this story happened, there was the case of a civillian who was riding a motorbike on the Right sideof the road. He was in his own lane, for all legal purposes(pertaining to road law) he was doing no wrong. from the other side of the road, from the traffic flowing in the opposite direction, a car swerved into the motorcyclists lane and knocked him down, breaking most of his bones in the process and totalling the bike...the victim, the biker, took the car driver to court but won nothing. in fact i think he even ended up losing money due to his legal fees. the judge determined that because he was on a bike, he had the chance to move to the left of his lane, to allow the car to swerve into and out of his lane, safely....the bike was travelling at the correct speed, and in the correct lane. he did nothing but follow the rules, but still it was he who was ultimately punished...and for what??becaus he was riding a motorbike. that can be the only reason.

aplogies, rasta, for the probably useless digression....
Last edited by weedguru_animal on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:28 am

Your peronsality comes from within and your culture comes form external influence.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

donald
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by donald » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:00 am

a white guy with a big fro still looks like a knob tho

donald
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by donald » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:11 am

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:23 pm

haha thanks for the illustration :lol:
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by FIRE!!! » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:58 pm

donald wrote:a white guy with a big fro still looks like a knob tho
I know a guy who broke someone's jaw for saying something like that about his fro :lol: not to say I don't agree with you, which I do. I just thought it was funny when it happened.

donald
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by donald » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:39 pm

lol

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:46 pm

well thankfully some people choose to get dreads cos they don't give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks. they just like the style and want it. and why not eh?

shame this interesting thread has descended into uselesness.....