Pets

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Pets

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:00 pm

What do you guys have for pets? What pets do you wish you could have?

I have a Shetland Sheepdog and 2 goldfish. Used to have a cat.

Wish I could get a Pomsky...cross between a pomeranian and a husky! So damn cute!

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: Pets

Post by sugarstalker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:03 am

I like dogs, and my two favourite breeds, at least when it comes to appearance is the norwegian grey elkhound, and the shiba. Cats can be cool too, and there are some really aesthetically pleasing specimens out there, like the Maine Coon.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:27 am

I grew up around cats. They were never pets, always closer to brothers. My mother's cousin helped run a cat sanctuary so we accommodated a steady flow of wonderful felines...The fiercest of them all was called Charlie. Who did not arrive via the sanctuary, but was stolen/rescued from a house where my mother used to clean for some extra cash. Poor charlie was a large cat, but attacked daily by the household dog. The owners really saw nothing amiss with this...posh, stupid people. and preferred the hound for he was better for the kids. Mother tried telling them, several times, but they laughed off such concerns, so one day, after her tolerance levels peaked, she took him!! Brought him back to our place in the countryside to live with our Auntie next door. From suburban misery, Charlie was thrust into a habitat with few cars, many trees and mice and other cats and badgers, freedom, and the option to explore at will a vast terrain, kill whatever he fancied. He blossomed, maintained his vicious streak, but truly became a King. Our cat, William, was often petrified of him, for he could turn at any moment, but I loved him dearly. And will never forget, watching him wash himself in the sunshine, a wasp buzzing around him, which landed on a patch of fur he was about to lick. Charlie bit the wasp between his teeth, spat it out dead, and continued to wash! What a cat...

Still, given my far greater love and eagerness for kinship with the non human animals I have lived with, I best stick to the present, in terms of a focus and response to this thread.

I have been close to Oscar since he was a few weeks old. My ex-harlot of a girlfriend had wanted a marmoset, when we moved here to Australia in...late 2008. Alas, they were rather tricky to procure. So...we/she journeyed through the local dog rescue centre websites, found a hound she wanted, we made the call, prepared to grab a lift to collect him the next day but just before we left, we made another call and he had been taken! Dismay was upon us both. Quickly picking up the trading post, we found a hatchery of maltese x shitzus in a nasty suburb nearby, so off we went.

The burly tradesmen in charge of the pack was clearly seeking $ with little interest in the welfare of the dwarf puppies who were lacking vaccinations and only 3 weeks out the womb of their emaciated mother. They were all so cute, squeaking and nuzzling, desperate for attention and salvation. I wanted to take them all. We had decided, beforehand, to secretly make a choice after meeting them all, then collude. One of the pack was less pretty, less friendly, less pleasant all round. He looked like a baby gremlin, his idea of nuzzling was to attempt to gnaw, his cute squeaks seemed more like a growl you would expect a baby vampire to make. It had to be him...and we both chose him. The owner scratched his balding head, smiled and asked us...
'you sure you want him?? he is the only one with a name...FuckFace'

The deal was done.

Riddled with worms and fleas, it took a while to get him Right, health-wise, but his spiteful streak, whilst gorgeous when small enough to pick up with one hand, has become somewhat more gruesome as he has grown.

less than a year later, when the harlot showed her ugliest of colours, then pleaded for me to head home to England with her, I told her NO, FUCK NO. I was staying in Australia, with Oscar. What kind of father deserts his son?? Not me. So she left, and I remained with my beloved hound. Whom I was barely apart for in the following three years, he was my closest companion, in fact, in some ways, he may well have kept me alive...for I was a lost soul in an ocean of vodka. Woman to woman, bottle to bottle, and whilst I cared little for myself, I always had my paternal love for him keeping me afloat. Whatever happened, Oscar had to be fed, walked, kept healthy, safe and happy.

Now he must be...5 years old. He remains the rotten apple of my eye. I would always rather have people come here, than head out, because I like to include him in everything I can, give him the best life possible. Other than my mother, perhaps even stronger than that maternal bond, his well being comes before everything and everyone else.

He is a randomly vicious, spiteful, arrogant, growl-monger, who looks too cute for my own good. I often ponder that he is the devil himself, poorly hidden in a dog-suit. Smart, adoring of my savage Queen, hateful of the vast majority of other canines (which is mutual) yet also always playful, often affectionate, and loves more than anything, simply being a part of our lives.

I have saved him from the jaws of death once and also bare the scars of his fangs on my nose from a ferocious, typically needless attack on my face...regardless, I love him purely and deeply. I always will. Even writing this makes me warm and smile from deep within my core.

News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

NinjetteDL420
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by NinjetteDL420 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:35 pm

I love love love love my dogs. They are everything to me.

My baby is Mistony. The small brindle one. She is a Jack Russell mixed with a boston terrier. The reason I picked Mistony as a name is because she was born on 4/20/10. So her name became "Miss-Stoney" or Mistony when you mush it together.

My boyfriends dog is the big blonde one hehe. His name is D'Artagnan as in the Captain of the Musketeers. Although he has a manly name this pup is a big pancake. He is the mushiest smushiest big goober ever. I love both of them and its funny because Mistony is the boss. D'Artagnan doesnt realize how big he actually is.

This is "Dart Fart" and I both dead asleep. I saw this picture after the fact. He is still a puppy here. He has gotten much bigger since.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 am

D'artagnan and Mistony look beautiful together, ninjette!!! It makes me wish my dear Oscar has a canine connection of a similar sort...cheers for sharing.

capnrosie
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by capnrosie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:48 pm

WELL, I had a cat until he died. Legally, he's named after a fellow who won a drinking contest (Melvin...could also be that they both had orange hair and green eyes) but he preferred stinkerbell. Responded to that name the fastest. He died in June (it'll be six months tomorrow). STILL LOVE 'EM THOUGH.

This is my other friend, misses bella cat. She's my ex's cat, but she loved me the more (one time, she got stuck in a tree, and exboyfriend waited at the bottom of it calling her for almost a day and a half, I show up, an hour later, cat comes down. Definitely loves me more :D )

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:39 am

Melvin looked fierce and misses bella cat looks predatory...a true witches cat. Reminds me of the late One eyed whisper, brother of Motangue, whom lived with my mother for 15 year or so.

Your eyes and mouth are smiling at her, rosie...can you steal her from your ex?? Maybe just call her name out your window and she if she appears soon after.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:08 am

Oscar savaged my visiting from the homeland Mike mate two nights ago...Its the fault of everyone who takes pictures and goads the little fiend when he is on his chair in the garden and loud with growls. After many whiskeys, wines, ands maybe some vodka, definitely some bud, Mike took it upon himself to show some direction. He should be congratulated for managing to retrieve the toy beneath Oscar's snout, but...the follow through went so badly wrong. A simple stroke attempt after led to a savage bite to the index finger. The other hand came in defensively and Oscar saw it as a threat and had that one too for good measure. White as Casper, Mike needed to sit down, stem the flow of blood, recovered, had a joint, lost 5-1 on PEs, then staggered to bed...

I was uneasy at the conversation that ensued. Too much drunken attacking of my paternal deficit...I was glad the next day to find everyone friendly once more and Mike accepting the horror-show was solely of his own making. He was shocked at how fast those fangs find purchase.