Watsup WG?!? (long story, please read) :UPDATED

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: Watsup WG?!? (long story, please read) :UPDATED

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 am

So happy to hear from you Sprize! (Sorry, I've always called you that for some reason..it's an uncontrollable thing lol)

I'm glad things are working out for you, and that you've found peace within yourself!

Working out and being active is a great way to get your mind, body and soul on track. It boosts self esteem, confidence, health, energy levels, amongst other things

Creatine is great for building muscle mass!

I assume you mean weight lifting in a gym when you say working out? I can give you a few tips about that if you like...I was heavily into that for most of my adult life, and have even participated in amateur body building competitions. It's taken a back seat in my life now though, for personal unrelated reasons mind you

Keep the updates coming Sprize!

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:57 pm

sweet update spri7e.

keep on keepin on.

health and happiness are yours to attain.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by SpRi7e on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace Not Greed.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Sprite. I'm glad you are OK man, but you need to think about all the people you are hurting when you make these decisions, especially your parents. My friend had similar issues with methamphetamine and he was in and out of treatment, but kept relapsing. He finally went to treatment out of state in Arizona and got a job down there afterwards. he is completely sober now and he attributes most of it to putting 1500 miles between himself and anyone that he knows who can find him some tweak. I guess if you want it bad enough you will find it, but maybe starting fresh somewhere new is a thought. Anyway, take care dude.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:05 pm

From what I know about recovering heroin addicts relapses are a common thing...some say it's even a predictable and unavoidable happening. Few junkies will successfully complete a recovery process without a relapse. While a relapse may seem devastating, there is actually alot of positive things to be learned from it. It's not a failure, it's just a temporary setback...and a key learning experience. What did you learn from it Sprize? From what you said in your last post, I think you know. That's what matters. That's what makes a man stronger.

I'd give you a big ole man hug and handshake if I could Sprize...hang in there dude, and keep the chin up.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:42 am

I think CTCF hit the nail on the head. You need to distance yourself from people and situations that allow this kind of thing to happen. Glad to hear you're ok dude. If at first you don't succeed, try again
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:49 am

Deleted.
Peace Not Greed.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:38 am

I'm all for it man. If you can't discipline yourself, go for the military. I know a lot of people that have taken that route, and they are much better people than they were capable of being on their own.

If you can get a job and focus on that, that would work wonders too. I started a job now instead of furthering my education and I'm so glad I did. I may go back to school in the future, but being part of the workforce has given me a ton of responsibilities that I don't want to mess up and so I'm doing my best. You should definitely set yourself a goal. A short-term, easy to work towards goal that you can accomplish. Long-term goals such as further education can wait. Life is short, but it's not THAT short.

Best of luck dude.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:48 pm

I am currently working on my PhD and all I can say is that it is a lot more work than I originally thought. Sometimes I enjoy what I am doing, other times I wish I was in the workforce making money. If you decide to go with education be prepared to put in a lot of time for little to no pay with a lot of challenges that need to be overcome. Honestly I love teaching and conducting research, but being a grad student means putting the rest of your life on the backburner, it is a choice that should require a lot of contemplation. The one thing I did not know when I got accepted into the PhD program was how specific of a topic you a're forced to pursue. I knew I was going to study vision, but instead of studying vision as you would from reading an entire textbook, I was forced to pick one chapter out of a textbook (figuratively speaking) and focus specifically on that subdivision ofvvision and how it contributes to the overall grand picture of vision. I also thought I could get my PhD in four years, well for most people that is not the case. Your research will not always go as planned and you need to correct those mistakes before moving on. It doesn't mean you are a bad scientist, it's just how science works. So I'm just saying think deeply about your choices before diving into one. If you have any questions with respect to grad school let me know I would be more than happy to answer any questions. Hope things are going well for you!

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Little to no pay as a grad student that is. I'm sure when I'm done I'll do ok.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:18 am

What's your thesis about? Or is it called disertation or something?

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:33 am

Deleted.
Peace Not Greed.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:38 am

Sounds like a great plan Sprize! The discipline will do you worlds of good, and open many doors. And the field of works that you are interested in sounds perfect. The best therapists are the ones who have life experience, not the ones who learn through a book only. You'll be able to bring alot of help to others and to yourself at the same time

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:28 pm

SpRi7e wrote:Hey I haven't been here for a while... it's damn strange how much how life has changed and literally how much of a different person i have become (lifestyle wise, experiences, and maturity...higher..lower..deeper..not sure?). I hope everybody's life has gone amazing over the past few months and years and they've progressed to go in the right direction. I'll give a very little recap of my life lately... I graduated from my school about a month and a half ago.. been currently still working at my job that I've had for the past 2 years and currently seeking a career job for IT work. I've fully decided I don't want a career in IT work and want to get in the Psychology field and get my masters in it once I straiten my life out for the long journey... Which as of lately, is going to take a lot of effort and inner strength.

That's the broader version of my life.. the inner version has slowly became a lot more distressed, and deepened with something that just less than 2 years ago would have made me so sick to my stomach, that I would have puked if I knew what I'd be doing. If you guys have ever read the thread in the Other Drugs section in the What's tickling my Receptors lately.. you would see that I tried heroin. Well.. through a VERY slow and strong pull in my inner self... I slowly started using it more and more.

At this point you pretty much know what happened to me and my life that is the least proudest thing I've ever done. I became hooked on this PURE devil drug. I once said that Opana was the evil drug where it was the strongest opiate and most killer to yourself mentally, but at least I was able to be aware of the strong come down of the drug.

Dope doesn't hit you until you least expect it. It seems like it's a miracle drug that has no negative effects if you use it on occasion... I started using it at low doses so that I could enhance everything I was doing and just last longer with everything with MUCH more focus which allowed me to have superhuman processing powers... Then I eventually became tied down to the drug and dependent on needing it to continue my long days and addiction for knowledge/energy...and soon.. happiness.

To keep you guys from getting bored.. I'll save the LONG journey I had in the past year/monthssss (almost 1.5 years total). As of 3 months ago, give or take.. I've been spiking (shooting) it just about nearly every single day, and I'm at the point where if I don't do it within 16 hours... then my withdrawal sets in. Fast forward to immediately.. I'm still living at home, and my dad found my needles/bags tonight, but I haven't talked to him yet. He left a note with some of my used needles/bags stashed away that he found for me to find right as I got home.

To spare my LIFE, something that I've known since day 1 that has been ticking down until this day... that I'm going to come clean to my dad and admit everything tomorrow to him. We're in HUGE financial problems..but to save my life as I said, I'm going to fully convince him, and myself that the only way to straiten my life out is going to be through REHAB (a nightmare on behalf of ever having to go through)........

I want....no....NEED to become clean, sober...and not be MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY..ADDICTED to HEROIN, let alone ANY drug there is in this world. I fucked up SOOO big guys and FULLY understand it. IDK why I really wrote this, but I feel like it's VERY step 1 of becoming clean and confronting my problem. If anyone has any helpful words.. send me a message or reply to this thread... I'll truly appreciate it at the bottom of my heart.

I want you guys to know that I seriously love you all, and this site made me who I was (FULLY besides the dope addiction part), and want to thank everyone for everything they have brought in to my life and taught me...Without you guys, I may not have been as confidant about WANTING to become sober and making my life as full as it can be. Thanks for reading... and as I said, if you have ANY advice/helpful thoughts.. please send them my way. I will NEED it for what's coming to me next.
Holy shit Spri7e, I'm so sorry to hear that.

I haven't been around myself lately so I kind of missed your 'descent' into heavier stuff, though I doubt we would have been able to stop you from trying heroin.

The fact that you realize you've let it go too far is in my opinion a first step towards straightening yourself out, you're a very intelligent, down to earth guy so to be honest I'm quite shocked to find out you acually got yourself into this situation though it seems you're on your way up.

I know you posted this in August and it's November now, I had issues with my account and could not log in up until now so I truly hope you've enrolled into rehab in the past three months and get yourself right mentally and physically again.

I read your original post and am responding to it without reading the rest of the thread so I might have to edit some stuff.

All in all i'm glad to hear you're alive and kicking, just get yourself over heroin dude, nobody deserves what heroin does to people in the long run. :kiss:

*Edit* Alright so there were multiple updates.

Glad to see you're on the right track man.

When it comes to your future endaveours when it comes to studying/working :

The IT-field has an extremely bright future, everything is getting automated, people with programming skills will become more and more imporant and there are a lot of young niches to specialize in and make loads of money off , like cloud-computing, Mobile application development and healthcare to name but a few.

I can only speak for Europe but as I'm a Business consultant within IT-recruitment I think I have a pretty good grasp on where you want to be within Information technology.

In the end it's all up to you Spri7e, if you want to pursue a career in Psychology then you should set everything in motion to become a psychologist. Though in my humble opinion that's a pretty crappy career choice, there are enough shrinks as it is and I doubt it's an easy field to start up in.

Enlisting, well you know my opinion on people that enlist, why would you feed the meatgrinder ? It's not like America has to defend itself, it's not like your freedoms are under threat. I can see the benefits it offers in regards to personal discipline and becoming a more focused, mature person but there are other ways of achieving that .

You have the brains, obviously, and the capacity to do something great in life, why throw it away on junk like heroin and institutions like the military ?
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:45 pm

A shrink is a psychiatrist, he wants to be a PhD psychologist, as in someone that would set up psychological research studies on the way humans think and behave. Although I don't think that's the greatest choice either, if you choose to work in academia as a PhD, you'll be spending most of your time writing grant proposals while grad students do most of the actual research. But if it's your passion, go for it.