The Weather Thread

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Re: The Weather Thread

Post by cutthecashflow » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:02 am

Yea up here in the southern red river valley we just missed that last big snowstorm. Got some snow, but nothing compared to a few years ago. Colder weather in the valley. Only place I know that drops to 40 below in the winter than 100 plus in the summer.

Get busy living or get busy dying.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:54 pm

Temps here have been abnormally warm all winter long, and barely any snow fall to speak of. Right now we have spring temps and what little snow we had is quickly melting away! Guess it's global warming

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:31 am

This nightmarish end spell of punishing heat continues to flatten and destroy any hope of comfort of enjoyment of existence other than if I can reach the ocean, roll around in the shallows, only to once again find my progress thwarted as my feet become scorched as the red hot sand bars the retreat to my towel. 630pm still 34.8C. Set to rise to 37/38 by Wednesday, fucking perfect eh???? Maybe for a sub-saharan african, but never for an Englishman.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon May 27, 2013 1:15 am

It was 30 degrees celcius last week and today it snowed...on May 26th! :chilly:

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Belgium was chilly( 8-13), Paris moderate( 9-14), Brighton sunny(12-17), London improving(10-18) and finally...these last few days here in Whitstable, Kent have been 15-18ish. That brings you up to speed with my last two weeks...Unsurprisingly, back home in Melbourne, which is delving into its own version of Winter, the weather has been consistently warmer than this european spring (apparently the coldest for 50 years). I picked a perfect time to introduce my Lady to my motherland...(Of course, I give my temperatures in Centigrade)

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Sunny and hot with a low chance of clouds and low humidity

That applies to any month in the year. Love this state
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:46 am

Here in ouazazarte it already feels like 39 at 9 in the morning. Heading deeper into the sahara today, I'll be expecting but nonetheless I'll prepared for 40+.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:02 am

Weedguru Higher wrote:It was 30 degrees celcius last week and today it snowed...on May 26th! :chilly:
It's this damned global warming you know! Messing up the air and ocean currents.

Rosetta_Stoned
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Rosetta_Stoned » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Yeah, the weather certainly has been rather schiztophrenic this year. We will have a beautiful day with sun and high 70s F, then the very next day it will be high 40s with clouds, then 60s with high winds and severe thunderstorms, then right back to a beautiful day.

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:46 am

sugarstalker wrote:
Weedguru Higher wrote:It was 30 degrees celcius last week and today it snowed...on May 26th! :chilly:
It's this damned global warming you know! Messing up the air and ocean currents.
Haha... global warming...

yeah... right

Just like in the 70s when the next "Ice age" was right around the corner! Laughable!!!

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:50 am

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. *shrug*

Rosetta_Stoned
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Rosetta_Stoned » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:20 am

The current trend in weather conditions are not entirely man's fault. The earth has gone through many heating/cooling cycle over the course of it's existence. However, it would be a fool that would say that man has left no footprint at all where this is concerned. The burning of fossil fuels over the past 100 plus years have led to unprecedented levels of CO2 in the atmosphere. CO2 is a greenhouse gas that traps suns heat in our atmosphere. Unprecedented levels=unprecedented increases in temperatures overall. So while it's not entirely our fault and the earth is on the incline towards another ice age naturally, our current engergy consumption methods are not doing us any favours and is in face exacerbating and accelerating the process... :smileydance:

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:16 am

sugarstalker wrote:I guess we'll just have to wait and see. *shrug*
In 2000 they said by 2010 we would be out of Fossil Fuels and the earth would be unsustainable due to high temperatures.

Man has made an entirely insignificant impact. Unprecendeted level of C02? The C02 in the atmosphere has changed by .002% - it has changed more drastically in the past naturally.

Is extremely naive to assume that a planet which has been sustainable for millions of years would suddenly be upset by a statistically insignificant change. The Green movement is bullshit, and that will reveal itself in time.

There simply are not "unprecedented changes" occuring at all - any small amount of research would clearly indicate that. Do not believe everything you are told, educate yourself on the subject and formulate your own opinions.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:48 am

In Aspen today, drove by Woody Creek where HST lived. Gorgeous country I see why he wouldnt want it spoiled by people from California. Around 90 degrees today but down in the 40s tonight. I love the Rocky Mountains and plan to cruise around here for a couple days on the motorcycle before heading north into the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming for a few days before returning east.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:52 pm

cutthecashflow wrote:In Aspen today, drove by Woody Creek where HST lived. Gorgeous country I see why he wouldnt want it spoiled by people from California. Around 90 degrees today but down in the 40s tonight. I love the Rocky Mountains and plan to cruise around here for a couple days on the motorcycle before heading north into the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming for a few days before returning east.
Did you stop at The Jerome or offer a salute to Owl Farm, old pal?

I'm still waiting, like a few million others, gorchis widow to finish wrangling with editors and agents about The Mutineer; the final collection of the great mans letters. Year after year it's been postponed...

Seville was scorching, 32-37c most days. Here in Barcelona is far cooler...

I'd like to see some photos of your travels, chris.