The Weather Thread

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: The Weather Thread

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:44 pm

Well I ended up losing power and phone services for almost the last 24 hours. Got a ton a freezing rain..took me an hour and half to get all the ice off my van...there was up to 2 inches of ice on it

Here's some pics from my area

Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!

Post by Certified-Nutter » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:46 am

damn that split tree is crazy yo, how the fuck did that happen?
CTCF
last year, which was the coldest winter in britain for 40 years, it got down to -13C at some points (sorry, i dont know the F... but its 286K if that helps?)
they say are winters are gna be the same from now on, so that sucks, but i havnt got far to go.
last year i was doin at least 40 miles a day in that kinda weather, it sucked ass and i distinctly remember the very real and justified fear of frostbite in my hands.
still. i got winter gloves this time, so happy.
Also, a harley, i dont blame u man, fuck brits with harleys wont ride em even if theres just one cloud in the sky, and even then they usualy choose to wipe it instead, lol.
but seriously, harleys are in no was suitible for cold conditions, too heavy, too much torque, and too expensive even with small drops.
i am on an 2002 SV650 (bought for £1500) so its cheap, reliable and relatively lightweight compared, not the best for snow, but not the worst either.
also, pics of harley plz >.< lol
Image Image Image <- My old account

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:05 pm

oh boy, I can't wait to go to canada :| should've gone to australia

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:46 pm

The split tree is from the weight of the ice pulling the branches down in opposing directions on each side of the tree.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Looks nasty Higher. What part of Canada Sugar, Toronto? I know you mentioned it earlier, but my mind slips when on vacation.

Rained here yesterday and well the weather report is quite boring/stable stays anywhere from 76-83 everyday with varying windspeed. Not complaining at all, I'm just used to sporadic unpredictable weather. Back home we get temps that change 40-50 degrees in a single day and snow/rain/ice/nice weather that can change in hours. Here it is just stable, calm, and perfect. I wonder if that scenario ever gets old?

-13 C is above zero F. Interesting tidbit, the only time F and C are the same is at -40 degrees.

*Here's a pic of me on my bike. 1999 Harley Davidson Road King (V2 1450.00 ccm (88,04 cubic inches))
**Click on pic for larger image
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!

Post by Certified-Nutter » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:56 am

nice bike dude, looks an absolute beast, but defo not the thing you want in icey conditions lol.
and even though the temperature here does not drop below zero F, i am sure if it did i would still be on the bike, albeit with alot more layers on, lol
Image Image Image <- My old account

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:13 am

Just when we were saying that the Summer here has been terrible, so few days of intense heat...someone has turned up the thermostat, too fucking high. It is 612pm, yet the temperature remains in the mid 30s. The only place I would be comfortable is in the sea...too late...for I have already started on the vodka.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:57 pm

It has been beastly cold up here, with the wind giving us a grizzly -30 degrees. Luckily it is supposed to start warming up this weekend. The forecast even has little red numbers on it, so I am looking forward to that.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Ma, this winter really sucks. Hardly any snow to speak of, and a constant mixture of rain, freezing rain and very high to very cold temps. Here's what my street look like this morning. I gotta get skates for my car....

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:07 pm

whereabouts in Canada are you, Higher? Quebec?

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:18 pm

sugarstalker wrote:whereabouts in Canada are you, Higher? Quebec?
yes

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:23 am

the forecast is...wretched. Today was a near to pleasant low 30s. By tomorrow midday the mercury will be demanding I accept that it is 42C, a meteorological state we will remain in, here in Melbourne, until the sky tide turns for the better on Friday.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Here's a picture from a few weeks ago when we had the freezing rain storm. This is what happens when ice covered tree branches come in contact with the power lines. The transformer blew, and I caught the resulting blue arc in the sky on camera. When this happened, there was an 'electrocution' sound and the hairs actually stood up on my body, no joke. I thought for a second that I was getting zapped. Quite the experience.

NinjetteDL420
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by NinjetteDL420 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:28 pm

The forecast for the next million years is snow!!! It effin sucks. I cant go to school some days which pisses me off because I love school. My hours are taking a hard hit at work which is effecting my wallet. And im worried about my mom falling because she has already fallen twice this winter and she is 61 years old. Ugh please lord have mercy.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:16 am

I would gladly swap, ninjette...the onslaught from our nearest and dearest star has returned. Yesterday was hot, and I was gloriously content to ride to the ocean and find solace in the water at Brighton beach...However, the temperature didn't drop from the mid 30s in the evening, it remained steady...then today it has climbed to 40C...and even now at 715pm, with a hot wind, it is 37C. No drop until 10pm...then down to 31C...respite tomorrow then back up to mid to high 30s for a day or three...Terrible, truly fucking terrible.